Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 12, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jiljo View Post
A couple of months ago the Disney hotels in DLP had some great offers for November/December, buy 2 nights, stay for 4. My daughter and friends nearly booked but decided to go to Berlin instead - it takes all sorts.

Jill
I think this offer has been extended too, we got a quote for next year and was offered the same deal - 4nts at Sequoia Lodge in July 2013 worked out cheaper than 4nts at Santa Fe for the same time, god knows how. We didn't book it though as we have different plans for DLP next year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Just back from DLP, Sunday night
Originally Posted by CherryPie3 View Post
- I have never seen a rat at DLP.
As we exited Disneyland park on Saturday afternoon a large rat ran out from the toilets on the right just after the turnstiles

Originally Posted by CherryPie3 View Post
- Counting both my visits I have only ever seen a couple of people smoking and always away from everybody which I thought was very considerate of them.
The parks have been non-smoking for about four years according to Disney with smoking areas. I didn't notice any reduction in the number of people smoking this time than when we last visited 10 years ago. People were still smoking as they walked around the parks:angry:

Barry

Edited at 02:02 PM.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 12, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Just back from DLP, Sunday night
As we exited Disneyland park on Saturday afternoon a large rat ran out from the toilets on the right just after the turnstiles

The parks have been non-smoking for about four years according to Disney with smoking areas. I didn't notice any reduction in the number of people smoking this time than when we last visited 10 years ago. People were still smoking as they walked around the parks:angry:

Barry

Good god we were there Saturday afternoon too but we saw nothing, we were waiting very close to those toilets for the parade (if you mean the toilets on Town Square, under the train station?)! I'm kind of glad we didn't see it but will be on the lookout next time.

I didn't know the parks were non smoking, I suppose there will be inconsiderate people whichever country you're in. There's certainly plenty of them in Britain that I've witnessed.
Old 15 Nov 12, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
It was the toilets just outside the park near the DL Hotel on the right. We were walking to the Studios.

Caron
Old 15 Nov 12, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah sorry, I read your post as though you were entering the parks, despite my brain clearly reading 'exiting'. Sorry, bit slow today
Old 28 Nov 12, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

I find myself disappointed with DLP when i forget and compare it with WDW, as soon as I have a little talk to myself and remind myself its completely different , the magic then returns for me

Yes people smoke & yes that does annoy me but when i realized that CM cant do a lot about it then its easier to accept.

Toilets were disgustingly dirty when we were there in August but it was extremely busy which may explain it, going again in February so be interesting to see if there was a difference.

I dont think they handle EMH well with hardly any rides open.

We took my parents in August for their first visit, my Dad has a walking disability and i was hugely impressed with the kindness shown to him by CM.

DLP gives me the chance to get a disney fix at least once or twice a year which I wouldnt get if it hadnt ever been build so for that I'm happy to put up with the differences between Paris & WDW
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 12, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
EMH has some of the biggest queue-ers open though. Dumbo, Peter Pan, Teacups, Buzz and Space Mountain are always open. Do those at EMH when they are walk-ons and you can save hours of queueing later.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 12, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i love dlp, why we are going back having just been in january and WDW in june!

I have seen a few CM direct people to smoking areas, we did find less smoking than our trip in 2009, but i don't find the smoking much worse than walking down the high street in Glasgow, where everyone is smoking!

I've only used toilets at toy story play land in the studios and at bella notte in fantasyland, but both were very clean.

EMH is amazingly productive. you can do main fantasyland and tomorrowland rides, get a hot chocolate and then either head over to the studios for opening or be ready to queue for big thunder mountain!
Old 30 Nov 12, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

There will always be differing opinions. DLP for me is fab. Smoking is always an issue on these boards. CMs can't stop anyone outside. Brits are as bad if not worse than anyone else.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 12, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread