Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 13, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

Love Florida and luckily enough to be going back this December.

We went to DLP last December and it was my 2yr old DD first experience fo Disney. We stayed at the Cheyene and we had a great time. Never used the buses as it was great weather and the walk along the canal through the village was great.
We ate breakfast in the Cheyene which was busy but perfectly fine and civilised and we had meals at the Sequoia and New York which were lovely.

The parks weren't too busy but they were really good, some of the rides are much better than their Florida cousins.

I would go back to DLP in a flash, it's different but it is unmistakably Disney.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I think that if you really don't want to go.. then you shouldn't. You stated that yourself and so, in your mind, it will never measure up to WDW.

I have always considered the two to be very different. I love both but for different reasons. DLP is in my opinion, far prettier .. and is almost quaint. In some ways, I consider it to have more of a magical feel about it than it's American counterpart. (Especially at Christmas) Don't get me wrong, I loved WDW but I feel that it's more brash than DLP.

I agree with the previous poster's who stated that it has a far more relaxed pace than WDW. I also like the fact that the CM's, whilst always polite and friendly, are enthusiastic without being in your face.

I have never, in all the times that I have visited DLP, seen any example of groups or smokers in queue's etc. It is also worth noting that the worst case of queue pushing/shoving that I have experienced was at WDW! I have also never used buses at DLP.. there really isn't any need!

I am a also a little confused by the fact that you were offended by the posts telling you not to go to DLP. I certainly do not mean to be rude but you clearly stated that you "really didn't want to go", if that's the case then my advice to you would be to stay at home and save for your WDW trip , after all, it is a lot of money to spend, if you have already made your mind up. If I felt as strongly as you, there is no way that I would force myself into it.

Katie x

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

also..

The bottom line is that you really cannot compare the two and it seems that you are already having a hard time not doing this.

It's like not wanting to go to London because it's not New York. The two places are so incredibly different.. each with their own charm. DLP does not try to be WDW.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Haven't read the entire thread so may be repeating others but for a disney fix I absolutely loved it. I didn't experience the smoking the way others go on about it... In fact not once was I bothered by anyone smoking near me, and believe me my nose is very sensitive to it. I smell it when I'm in my living room and the man downstairs is smoking out his window (and that's with my windows closed!)

I went with the mind set that I wouldn't compare it to WDW and just enjoy it for what it was. However I felt so into the magic that at times I found myself talking about prices in dollars and feeling like I was in WDW despite some massive differences of course.

As others have said, some rides were better. For me space mountain and pirates were far better than the Florida versions.

Go, take it for what it is, and enjoy it x

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Our Magical Disneymoon Trip Report July 2014
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread