Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 13, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We don't have children and Peter is an avid Dibber, so I don't have this option (although I did book a special meal at DLP and get it announced on the Dibbcast to surprise him!)

But ... friends of ours visited us and we had booked for them all to see Shrek the musical. They asked us not to tell their 8 year old son until the meal just before. And once we had done this, I understood why. We did lots of other great things that day, but if he had known about the theatre it would have been 'Can we go and see Shrek now?' every five minutes, and he wouldn't have enjoyed all the other things we did.

Every child - and adult - is different!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
I'm loving these goody bag ideas! Along with the park maps I've ordered DD and DS personalised autograph books through The Dibb, so might put these in back packs for each of them along with colouring stuff etc... DD is 12 but still loves that kind of stuff... but don't tell anyone

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Along with the park maps I've ordered DD and DS personalised autograph books through The Dibb
Sounds good - where from?
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Sounds good - where from?
A lady called Amy, I can't figure out how to do a link on my phone so if you search in the DIBB forums for 'Amy Emporium' her advert will come up

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks Rachel
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

I ordered personalised cards from moonpig for my two, they have some great disney designs and I included pictures of them both too with a big banner headline saying we're going to Disney.
On the subject of surprises everyone's different but I agree that the countdown is a massive part of the excitement for us so I personally wouldn't choose to wait till last minute to tell kids.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
that sounds brilliant Lara !

I surprised my DD once, when she was 8. We'd been to DLP before, but I'd never surprised her before, so I said absolutely nothing about it until she woke up the morning we were going. It was fantastic seeing her reaction, I've never seen her so excited about anything .

However, it was complete torture for me, keeping it a secret until the day of our trip.
Yeah I know the feeling Sammy getting worse the closer we get as I'm getting excited and dying to say something! She's off to her Dad's on Friday and not back until we leave for London so the temptation will be taken away...
LaraT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
This sounds great, what have you put in it? She's going to have a wonderful surprise!
Thanks. The Villains gift bag was reduced to 50p in our local Disney Store. I've put inside it:

- Monster's Inc "who's the Scariest" Top Trumps Game
- A Nightmare Before Christmas Notebook and Pen
- Monster's Inc Halloween Jelly Lollies
- A Jack Skellington mini plush
- A stitch purse

I've also put in guess who and playing cards which isn't Halloween themed but fun anyway! I'll probably get a couple more bits from the Supermarket before we leave now they have started stocking up.
LaraT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread