Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jul 14, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
Personally I would rather have a few days at DLP and then go on various other holidays throughout the year than spend all my money on 1 big Florida holiday...

we are very much like this too! we can get a good couple of different hols in thru' the year and still get a nice little Disney fix for C'mas or Halloween season.
We love the close proximity of everything - hotels, both parks and village (sooo easy to park hop and get in/out parks) as well as a few different things to WDW like Toy Story area and Crush etc.
This year we have 5 days / 4 nights at Cheyenne for £422 plus Eurostar an extra £140, so throw in a bit of spends and less than £700.
We have been fortunate enough to have visited EVERY Disney park and STILL choose to go back to DLP fairly often, especially no long flight
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

As this is a mainly WDW site then people are in that frame of mind and compare the two. However all Disneyland parks around the world are based on Disneyland not WDW (Magic Kingdom is of course based on Disneyland). Each park around the world has its own feel and its own special attractions. DLP has several attractions that are only there or ones that have been updated or changed from the WDW versions. Take it for what it is and you won't be dissapointed.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We went in 2012 and would have to say once was enough for us. We didn't hate it or anything but it just didn't really do it for us and we wouldn't bother going again.
hornetgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We would like to do WDW - (and Tokyo too but that's a different story). Problem is, when I price up a £4k to £5k fortnight in WDW I can shoehorn a holiday in menorca, a nice camping trip and a DLP with change left over. We never seem to commit to saving for WDW.

That being said, when our youngest hits 7 in a couple of years time then I think we will need to look at WDW.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
With the flag bearer at the front?!
Yep the very ones.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
As this is a mainly WDW site then people are in that frame of mind and compare the two. However all Disneyland parks around the world are based on Disneyland not WDW (Magic Kingdom is of course based on Disneyland). Each park around the world has its own feel and its own special attractions. DLP has several attractions that are only there or ones that have been updated or changed from the WDW versions. Take it for what it is and you won't be dissapointed.
Fantastic point, Peter! It strike me odd when i hear people (not accusing people btw) of saying "nah, DLP is rubbish" or "I've heard it's rubbish."

NO Disney park can be rubbish if you're a fan of a Disney park. Regardless if it is DLC, WDW, or DLP. They're all based on the original which has PROVEN to attract people and sustain fans since 1955.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 14, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't wait. Having only been once before, in February, with a boat load of school kids, I'm looking forward to doing DLP properly!

We love all things Disney, and would rather be in WDW, mostly just for the weather and extra parks, but it's becoming harder and harder to get a time when everyone can go, things like lives, wives and kids get in the way lol. A weekend away is maybe all that we can arrange (although I'm still trying to get WDW sorted for next Spring)

I thought the Disneyland park in Paris was just as lovely as the one in Orlando, better in places. The Studios is a bit of a mish mash, but with the new Ratatouille area, hopefully there's something to keep us in that park a little longer. If not we'll end up doing Tower of Terror twenty more times!

Also, it's the only chance I get to stay on site. When we go to Orlando, I save money on the holiday by staying offsite. This trip we're staying at the Hotel New York, which should be lovely. I'm looking forward to getting the full Disney experience!
Old 11 Jul 14, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
We would like to do WDW - (and Tokyo too but that's a different story). Problem is, when I price up a £4k to £5k fortnight in WDW I can shoehorn a holiday in menorca, a nice camping trip and a DLP with change left over. We never seem to commit to saving for WDW.

That being said, when our youngest hits 7 in a couple of years time then I think we will need to look at WDW.
WDW is a whole different world! It really is worth saving up to go see for yourself - even if the prices can get crazy with flights included.

I have been to Disneyland and it's great ... but just not the same. It's just a day out at a theme park. At WDW you are full immersed in the magic
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 14, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread