Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 May 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

1 Day in DLP, what to do?

Hi All,

I'm off to Paris on Saturday for a long weekend and we've booked a 1day/2park pass for Monday. What are your must do's so we can get the 'best bits' done?

Thanks
AMH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Are you going on your own? Your idea of best bits is probably different from mine as a complete wimp and mum of two girls, but if I leave out my 5yr old's favourite rides, you might enjoy some of these:

My 9yr old enjoyed Space Mountain and Indiana Jones (dh and I weren't so keen!) Dh liked Crush, but the rest of us hated it! Apart from that, the rides we enjoyed were more family / child oriented e.g. Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Orbitron, Small World, fairy boats & circus train, etc. Unfortunately POTC is shut atm and we didn't have a great meal in Blue Lagoon anyway, but we all loved Ratatouille and I think combining the ride with a meal in Chez Remy would be great.

We all enjoyed the parade and fireworks, but I think most of the shows we saw were more young-family-oriented. Maybe you could start in Studios and have lunch there, then head over to the Park for the rest of the day and evening?
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Just re-read your post - I saw "I'm off to Paris" and thought you were going alone, but I've just noticed that you then said "we've booked a 1 day pass" so maybe you're going as a couple / family? I'd have more recommendations if it's a family trip.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,

There are 3 of us, 3 adult women with 2brave and 1 not so brave when it comes to rides!

I've been Florida a few times so I know some of the main attractions will be similar but it would be fab to know if there are any hidden gems.

Thanks
AMH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

thanks for the Chez Remy tip
Old 18 May 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Have a look at an attractions list before you go and pick out the ones you want to do most. With one day you're going to need to prioritise, you won't be able to do everything in both parks.

Parade will be at 5.30pm, this is a must watch imo. I'll be the dissenting opinion and say if you're only there for one day I wouldn't spend 2 hours having a meal at Chez Remy.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'll ditto that the 17:30 parade is definitely worth watching, loved it. The Illuminations show is great too but doesn't run until park close (22:30 atm) so I'm guessing you won't be there that late.

You'll probably need to book Remy. I was there midweek and they were turning away loads of walkups even towards the end of lunch service. It only took me an hour to have my meal, but don't think I would have bothered without the free dining. It was nice but not amazing - pretty comparable to decent pub food IMO.

And personally, I wouldn't queue in standby for Ratatouille unless you absolutely HAVE to sit together. I went through as a single rider when the wait time was posted at an hour, was on within minutes. Felt quite sick afterwards though - 3D doesn't agree with me! Had to miss my FP to BTM because of this and the other big tickets were closed, so can't really comment on most of the rides.

I know you're adults so may not be into characters but if you're interested in meeting Mickey, go to the Studios instead of DL. The official DL one always had a crazy queue, he's a little bit tucked away in Studios and I managed to nearly walk straight up - only about 5 people ahead in the queue.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AMH
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the replies I'm going back to Florida in September so I'm not too fussed on character meets unless there is a tiny line but I gather space mountain is very different so bits like that I'm interested in really. And as we don't have any children I'm hoping we can do things a lot quicker than normal!