Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Oct 16, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
Confirmation of any changes to the breakfast offerings will be officially announced on 25th October when then new prices for next year are released. Do not be surprised if the partner hotels see a similar policy announced around the same time.

In addition, you may not be aware that it is this time each year that the resort looks at the currency exchanges and then takes a guess at what it will be for the next 12 months. That is what the prices are based on. After the recent uncertainty in the markets with this "Brexit" malarky, this is likely to affect the prices of our holidays even more.

I totally agree that all elements of a DLP holidays will eventually be stripped back and then you will be able to build your own package to fit exactly what you want. This will allow those with APs to simply buy Room Only and add on any dining they wish without the need for wasted park tickets.

Speaking of APs, I expect them to go up in price shortly - I was actually expecting an announcement last week at the Shareholder event. They will also have many of the "benefits" removed and fully expect one of those benefits to be the reduced hotel rates. I may be wrong, but that was the chatter of the CMs last weekend at runDisney. As was the removal of the "loop hole" whereby you can book for one person and any additional guests at check only pay for the cost of local tax. That is rumoured to be being taken away and any additional guests not booked on the room will have to pay the difference between rack rate and what has already been paid.

Shareholders will also be affected with the eventual removal of Salon Mickey (as previously mentioned) and many of the additional benefits being removed. The stuff with Shareholders though I wouldn't expect for another 3-4years.
Thanks for this, I am glad I booked yesterday - I was happy with the price and didn't want to wait. I have emailed DLP regarding breakfast and taken some screen shots of the website still clearly including it on some of the pages. Fingers crossed eh!
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I just hope the room only rates are reasonable and the annual passes don't go up to much! I think it might work out better if it saves booking extra people in at check in if this is going to be stopped!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Very glad we have transferred this year's holiday to next year - already booked in for September 2017 and presumably breakfast will still be included as it's an existing booking.

Hopefully the Santa Fe dining room will be quiet if everyone decides not to pay!

What confuses me though is people saying that this is because of people who make up sandwiches at breakfast time for later. (Apparently whole coolers full, not just popping an uneaten croissant in a bag or something.)

Surely this is going to make people do this even more? If someone has paid at least £12 and it turns out their kids just eat one bowl of cereal and half a piece of toast, I can see them thinking 'well why not, I've paid' and taking loads for later.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
What confuses me though is people saying that this is because of people who make up sandwiches at breakfast time for later. (Apparently whole coolers full, not just popping an uneaten croissant in a bag or something.)

Surely this is going to make people do this even more? If someone has paid at least £12 and it turns out their kids just eat one bowl of cereal and half a piece of toast, I can see them thinking 'well why not, I've paid' and taking loads for later.
I'm sure you're right, but I think the hotel will think along similar lines - I think you'd be extremely hard pushed to take food worth £12+ at wholesale prices, even if you got a massive breakfast and a massive lunch out of it!
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Very glad we have transferred this year's holiday to next year - already booked in for September 2017 and presumably breakfast will still be included as it's an existing booking.

Hopefully the Santa Fe dining room will be quiet if everyone decides not to pay!

People may not want to pay that for breakfast though - they might decide to have breakfast elsewhere. If they do decide to have breakfast there and take food for lunch Disney won't mind as they're making money out of them by charging them extra for breakfast. For example if a family of 4, two adults and two kids who have to pay adult prices for breakfast, stay for 4 nights and have breakfast at the hotel Disney will be making £192 just from that family, money they wouldn't get if breakfast was free. Obviously the cost would be more if staying at a higher grade hotel.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post

You have to almost ignore the actual prices of breakfast alone. I think they will be trying to push the half/full board plans above all else - mainly with offers where you get it for free.

I think that the wastage (both through guests helping themselves to other meals, and from making too much) is only a small part of the problem. Personally, I think it more comes down to the fact that the resort is still losing money and needs to try and turn it around.

This is one of many steps that I think will be put in place to help get Disneyland Paris making money. Some we will like, some we won't. Either way, I'm pretty sure the majority of us will continue to visit and support our home park throughout the 25th Anniversary year and beyond.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
You have to almost ignore the actual prices of breakfast alone. I think they will be trying to push the half/full board plans above all else - mainly with offers where you get it for free.

I think that the wastage (both through guests helping themselves to other meals, and from making too much) is only a small part of the problem. Personally, I think it more comes down to the fact that the resort is still losing money and needs to try and turn it around.

This is one of many steps that I think will be put in place to help get Disneyland Paris making money. Some we will like, some we won't. Either way, I'm pretty sure the majority of us will continue to visit and support our home park throughout the 25th Anniversary year and beyond.
I agree with you about the changes to come. TWDC want a return on their money and that isn't going to happen currently. I personally think a lot of the issue is not hotel guests who go for a short break, stay onsite, eat there etc etc. I think it's the local AP holders who visit the park without putting much back in if I'm honest. They use the facilities regularly but it's noted that they do not spend a lot while there - average 1 euro made per AP holder in a year!

However, I think they need to be really careful to balance this. It's expensive for UK visitors to travel to Paris without even looking at Disney prices. It is a short break destination, and it needs to be priced that way. It is almost becoming a two-week break price for a family of 4 and I'm not sure that's sustainable. It's certainly not for us - and I'm a shareholder! But the UK is a small market for DLRP. Mainland Europe is different.

We will all just have to wait and see what comes...
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread