Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Kennedy space centre

I’m playing to visit KSC in the summer. I remember someone mention there’s a schedule of launch date in KSC. Does anyone where I could find it. Would be cool if we can visit on launch date. Also how’s the drive up there like? How far and what’s the best time to go?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

spacelaunchschedule/...unch-schedule/

There is also an app for your phone called Space Launch Schedule
play.google/store/apps/d...launchschedule
Old 5 Jan 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Try their website for launches; pretty sure you can also sign up for general alerts. 😊
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
I’m playing to visit KSC in the summer. I remember someone mention there’s a schedule of launch date in KSC. Does anyone where I could find it. Would be cool if we can visit on launch date. Also how’s the drive up there like? How far and what’s the best time to go?
There's so much to do in KSC that if possible personally I'd avoid a launch day and go a separate day to the area (not KSC itself) to see launch. I use spaceflightnow.com for checking launch dates as they list way further out than KSC itself.

It's a pretty straight forward drive over to that area, about an hour from Orlando area although likely to be busier on a launch day if that particular launch is a special one (e.g. crewed launches hope to be restarting later this year).

We viewed launch of SpaceX dragon resupply to ISS on Dec 5th from Jetty Park and I'd definitely recommend there as a good site to view. We'd actually gone out the day before also for initial launch day but it was scrubbed. I was tempted to go to Playalinda Beach but apparently cell/data coverage is non-existent there so it would be hard to know what was happening if you couldn't follow online beforehand (not to mention no toilet facilities). Beautiful beach at Jetty Park also for to use while waiting. We got there about 2.5 hours before launch time each day and were able to park the car on front row facing directly across water towards launch location.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just to mention, launch dates change quite a bit depending on weather etc, so don't let one disappoint you. Still lots to see and do at ksc, easily will fill an entire day
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KK_Cat View Post
There's so much to do in KSC that if possible personally I'd avoid a launch day and go a separate day to the area (not KSC itself) to see launch. I use spaceflightnow.com for checking launch dates as they list way further out than KSC itself.

It's a pretty straight forward drive over to that area, about an hour from Orlando area although likely to be busier on a launch day if that particular launch is a special one (e.g. crewed launches hope to be restarting later this year).

We viewed launch of SpaceX dragon resupply to ISS on Dec 5th from Jetty Park and I'd definitely recommend there as a good site to view. We'd actually gone out the day before also for initial launch day but it was scrubbed. I was tempted to go to Playalinda Beach but apparently cell/data coverage is non-existent there so it would be hard to know what was happening if you couldn't follow online beforehand (not to mention no toilet facilities). Beautiful beach at Jetty Park also for to use while waiting. We got there about 2.5 hours before launch time each day and were able to park the car on front row facing directly across water towards launch location.
Thank u so much for ur advice. It actually makes sense to avoid launch day. Completely forgot it could get super busy. Thanks again. It’s very helpful
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List