Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Feb 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Using the I Ride Trolley

August will be my first time without a car, we're staying at Endless Summer dockside so will obviously get a shuttle to Universal City Walk but I'm just weighing up whether to buy an I Ride Trolley pass for £9 from Travel Republic (2 week pass)

Those that have used it before, would you say it's worth it? I was wondering about what was walkable on I Drive given that I've been to vegas and walked the strip many, many times but not sure about I Drive in comparison because even though I've been to Orlando a few times I've never actually ventured properly down I drive
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

if your used to walking it should be ok for the main part.

I trolley is cool and makes life some much easier, even if its just a few stops.

you are on vacation after all. choose the easy life.

you should be able to see on google maps how far things are away from endless summer that you want to go to.
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

Mobile

£9 is good value. Endless Summer is mid I drive which I believe is 9 miles long. There is a Walgreens across the road reached by walking via the car park. Restaurants are walkable but The Point would be too far for us and would use the trolley. We went without a car and used the trolley and Uber
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

It is walkable but hard work in the heat! We used the trolley and Uber last time we went.
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

We found the trolley handy nipping to point Orlando and then to the outlets at each end. Just be prepared sometime to be squashed like sardines as can get very busy and often stood up which is ok until someone gets off
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Karl01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
August will be my first time without a car, we're staying at Endless Summer dockside so will obviously get a shuttle to Universal City Walk but I'm just weighing up whether to buy an I Ride Trolley pass for £9 from Travel Republic (2 week pass)

Those that have used it before, would you say it's worth it? I was wondering about what was walkable on I Drive given that I've been to vegas and walked the strip many, many times but not sure about I Drive in comparison because even though I've been to Orlando a few times I've never actually ventured properly down I drive
Also staying at Dockside in August and the heat and humidity will mean a maximum 10 mins walk. Anymore than that and it will be I Trolley or Uber.
Karl01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

with us staying at rosen inn does any one know how to get to the walmart the other side without playing chicken or forking out on like 15 dollars each way for a uber?
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
with us staying at rosen inn does any one know how to get to the walmart the other side without playing chicken or forking out on like 15 dollars each way for a uber?
We walked with our 2 year old to Walmart instead of crossing outside mcdonalds if you stay on side of road and following under motorway the crossing arent as bad as the one on sand lake we have done it a few time and never had any trouble you sometimes might have to wait a while for the crossing to come on. Or Lyft was around $10 which we couldn't use due to needing car seat
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Were you at Pointe? And how long did it take to walk?

Originally Posted by BellaBess View Post
We walked with our 2 year old to Walmart instead of crossing outside mcdonalds if you stay on side of road and following under motorway the crossing arent as bad as the one on sand lake we have done it a few time and never had any trouble you sometimes might have to wait a while for the crossing to come on. Or Lyft was around $10 which we couldn't use due to needing car seat
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Main downside of the trolley for us was how long you have to wait unless you time it just right. think it said 10 mins but was closer to 20 and in hot sun it wasn't fun !