Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 09, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

We went to DLP 13 years ago and one of my vivid memories was of a couple of lads trying to queue jump and us asking them politely to stay behind us and then them using a lighter to try and light my SIL's husbands hair as he had a ponytail

Great memories shame they were not of the rides!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 09, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Another SIL (not the same one as my last post) told me that when she took her daughter to DLP she was ordering some food from a booth and the two servers behind who were not busy continued to ignore her and speak to each other in French about what they were to do that evening and general chit chat etc and eventually she asked them in fluent french what they were playing at as she had by then been standing for around 10 minutes waiting to be served. Needless to say they were a little shocked as they did not realise she could understand them

Seems a shame that the minority spoil it for others! We had perfectly lovely French neighbours before we moved house.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 09, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sal
Excited about Disney

I agree with Sprocket, you have to stand your ground, if you don't then you will never get to see the character or get to the front of any queue! It does not feel nice but you do have to play their game!
sal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

Sorry for this post but it really is a cultural issue. I spent 4 summers (at summer school) in France growing up and it's just the way it is. Everyone says "the French can't queue" .. "the French smoke" well why expect anything different? I find the Spanish just as bad to be honest. If you can't beat them, join them or at least tollerate it...it's their country and their culture.
Old 8 Aug 09, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Feel the same as all other posts on this.

Went for the first time the other week, and found a lot of the people there very rude...

However, as someone said, you just have to join them to get anywhere. I know it's not the best attitude, but unfortunately it seems the only way.

The character meets, the ride queues, the smoking. Even one person smoking in one of the queues in front of us. Is DLRP a free smoking place?

One of the other things I found was the lack of personal space from a lot of people there. I can remember queueing for space mountain a few times weere people are just too close for comfort.
Old 10 Aug 09, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Was in DLRP the weekend before this, I didn't have any queue jumping problems or service issues but the park did seem relatively quiet.

Strange that I must have been there at same time as Miked1e but didn't have the same experience.
Did Space Mountain 4 times and each time had a pleasant enough queuing experience, but was rather surprised to note was that the FastPass queue was so far back and that there were also never any standby queuers beyond the turnstiles meaning FP was a bit of a waste of time.
September 2024 Last family trip to WDW

Edited at 02:57 PM. Reason: added
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 09, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread