Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I think the rules are -

If you paid for a meal plan or booked before the changes, you get a hotel buffet.
If you got a free meal plan with your package:
- at DLH you get a buffet
- at the others you get a voucher to use in the parks at a counter service location,
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I think so too. It's not written anywhere on DLP's site though, and I think DLP Guide is incorrect.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottie89 View Post
The dlpguide quite clearly states that from 29/03 onwards, breakfast vouchers with full and half board meal plans are valid for a buffet breakfast at your hotel, but from what I can see here it looks like that is wrong and you can only have the Hyperion offering?

I'm totally not on board with this, much prefer filling up at the hotel first thing. Can you pay extra to upgrade to the hotel buffet?

I appreciate most of you are as much in the dark as I am!
From 29/03/17 if you pay for a meal plan, you get hotel breakfast.
The "free" meal plan breakfast is the Hyperion etc version. This is the same at all the onsite hotels, even the DLH if you book a standard room there (there were several posts about the DLH standard rooms having this same Hyperion breakfast voucher on the most recent UK "free" half board plan offer, which just ended this week and which I see has already been replaced by another offer which includes "free" half board).

But - different countries get different offers, and potentially different breakfast deals included too.

Edited at 09:56 AM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

On another note, has anyone seen anything on what's being offered at the DLH hotel breakfast now? I think the premium half board plan may actually be good value for us in October but want to see what the offerings at breakfast are like before committing.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
On another note, has anyone seen anything on what's being offered at the DLH hotel breakfast now? I think the premium half board plan may actually be good value for us in October but want to see what the offerings at breakfast are like before committing.
Must admit, thought I had sorted this and now I'm not so sure. Problem I have is 5 of us, 2 are on a package (2 rooms at DLH) and 3 of us have APs - we will all be staying together in the 2 rooms though!?

So, I can only pay for premium half board for the 2 who have a package - it's 324 euros each. So from what you're saying, this will include breakfast every day at DLH as they are buying the meal plan. Is that correct?

Will I be able to 'buy' breakfast for us AP holders at DLH then? Wonder if I can do so and get AP or SH discount... Or if we'll be able to use the 'room tax' route that we've used in the past?

Beginning to think the meal plan for my parents may be the way to go after all!

Edited at 11:22 AM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Must admit, thought I had sorted this and now I'm not so sure. Problem I have is 5 of us, 2 are on a package (2 rooms at DLH) and 3 of us have APs - we will all be staying together in the 2 rooms though!?

So, I can only pay for premium half board for the 2 who have a package - it's 324 euros each. So from what you're saying, this will include breakfast every day at DLH as they are buying the meal plan. Is that correct?

Will I be able to 'buy' breakfast for us AP holders at DLH then? Wonder if I can do so and get AP or SH discount...

Beginning to think the meal plan for my parents may be the way to go after all!
Sorry I can't help on the specifics of your query, but it says for the meal plan that if you pay you get a buffet breakfast every day at your hotel. Also if you're on the premium half board plan there's no upcharge to eating at Plaza Gardens. So I was planning on eating at Inventions, Walts and Blue Lagoon then having a character breakfast and 2 hotel breakfasts. Sounds like a good deal for £62 per person per day.

Edited at 11:27 AM.
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I can't help on the specifics of your query, but I says for the meal plan that if you pay you get a buffet breakfast every day at your hotel. Also if you're on the premium half board plan there's no upcharge to eating at Plaza Gardens. So I was planning on eating at Inventions, Walts and Blue Lagoon then having a character breakfast and 2 hotel breakfasts. Sounds like a good deal for £62 per person per day.
Are you sure about no surcharge? Magic Breaks are saying £4 pp. And if you see my 'Plaza Gardens' reply on the other thread, the CM said it was a 5 euro surcharge for my parents each - despite the fact they don't currently have a meal plan? Not sure how that works but the CM was adamant it was 5 euros even when I pointed out they had no meal plan?! Confused - I am!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Just going by the table on DLP Guide, it says if you have a premium meal plan there's no upcharge. It says on there the 4 Euro surcharge is if you only have breakfast.

So essentially, at DLH

- If you have a premium half board or full board plan = no surcharge for Plaza Gardens
- If you have a breakfast only plan or booked before they changed breakfast = 4 Euros per person surcharge.
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Just going by the table on DLP Guide, it says if you have a premium meal plan there's no upcharge. It says on there the 4 Euro surcharge is if you only have breakfast.

So essentially, at DLH

- If you have a premium half board or full board plan = no surcharge for Plaza Gardens
- If you have a breakfast only plan or booked before they changed breakfast = 4 Euros per person surcharge.
Ah ok. Well, I'm not sure why the CM was saying it was 5 euros surcharge the other day? We don't have a meal plan... Is that all room only, DLH guests have to pay for PG - that doesn't seem right? Is it perhaps because it's a more expensive hotel?
Old 4 Apr 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I'm still confused about free breakfasts for DLH. We are planning to buy the half board premium meal plan for our Christmas stay, but I haven't ordered it yet. I've been holding out to see if a free meal plan offer comes up (which would cost more than our current 2 days free offer, but be cheaper than adding a full price meal plan to our current booking). I'm only interested in doing that if we get the buffet breakfast though - if not, then I'll stick with Plan A and just buy the meal plan.

I've seen pretty much equal numbers of people saying that DLH guests get the counter service 'free' breakfast, or that they get the hotel buffet 'free' breakfast.

Has anyone on here stayed in the DLH with a free dining plan offer since the changes came into force? I'm really interested to know whether people are actually getting the free hotel breakfast (as rumoured) or the free Hyperion breakfast (also as rumoured! )
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List