Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Apr 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I was looking at DLH for Halloween. The new offer clearly states free half board plus quick counter service breakfast. If you upgrade to full board it still says quick counter service breakfast.

I couldnt find a way (online ) of upgrading to hotel breakfast. Dining with characters at breakfast was 108 uplift (eek) for one day (EEEEEEEEK)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

At breakfast this morning in DLH saw someone turned away as they did not have the buffet breakfast voucher. They were told their breakfast was at the Café Hyperion, they were not best pleased.

The buffet breakfast at DLH is still a cooked breakfast with the option of Continental, Cereal etc. There is one character outside of Inventions, next to the fireplace, during breakfast.

The Plaza Garden breakfast was a £4 supplement on top of a DLH breakfast (don't behave premium plan), though in my opinion worth the extra money. But be prepared to wait if you book the 9.45 sitting, at that time they were still clearing the tables. We did not get in until after 10.00. The characters were Mickey, Eeyore, Scrooge McDuck, Piglet, Tigger and Daisy. Also just a word of warning if you book this as supplement you need to take both your Buffet breakfast voucher and your Supplement voucher. A family yesterday had to pay again minus the supplement. I think that they were going to able to claim the money back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stocst View Post
At breakfast this morning in DLH saw someone turned away as they did not have the buffet breakfast voucher. They were told their breakfast was at the Café Hyperion, they were not best pleased.

The buffet breakfast at DLH is still a cooked breakfast with the option of Continental, Cereal etc. There is one character outside of Inventions, next to the fireplace, during breakfast.

The Plaza Garden breakfast was a £4 supplement on top of a DLH breakfast (don't behave premium plan), though in my opinion worth the extra money. But be prepared to wait if you book the 9.45 sitting, at that time they were still clearing the tables. We did not get in until after 10.00. The characters were Mickey, Eeyore, Scrooge McDuck, Piglet, Tigger and Daisy. Also just a word of warning if you book this as supplement you need to take both your Buffet breakfast voucher and your Supplement voucher. A family yesterday had to pay again minus the supplement. I think that they were going to able to claim the money back.
Thanks for the update, that's really helpful
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
juttawdw
Proud to wear my Ears

We booked dlh breakfast separate and use our free breakfast voucher later in the morning
juttawdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Oh, that's interesting. So they didn't let you use it in part payment? Or did you want to hold onto it for later anyway?

(I've only experienced DLH breakfast a few times, but I don't think I've been able to eat again until about 3pm that day!)
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The Grab and Go menu from Cable Bake Shop on Main Street
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Anyone had breakfast at NY Style Sandwiches in the Village yet? I saw a picture of their menu which has the divine almond studded pain au choc on it. We used to adore these when Salon Mickey did them.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Anyone had breakfast at NY Style Sandwiches in the Village yet? I saw a picture of their menu which has the divine almond studded pain au choc on it. We used to adore these when Salon Mickey did them.
Really! Quite excited by that 😂
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Now here is an odd one for those thinking about DLH. If you book through disneyholidays (which has changed to the 25% +HB "new" offer) then you not only get different small print for breakfasts but a big huge page offering:

"Be prepared for special company with your breakfast as Mickey and the gang join you for a bite. Meet your favourite characters over a buffet breakfast at Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park." with small print "Your meal plan includes breakfast with Disney characters!" (and "Your meal plan includes dining with Disney characters!" plus "Your meal plan includes lunch with Disney princesses!" - the same as the old Inventions and auberge descriptions)

that would lead me to believe that I was booking a package that put me in plaza gardens each day (without supplement). I'd be miffed if I had to pay each day. The holiday price is identical to that shown on DLP page.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Now here is an odd one for those thinking about DLH. If you book through disneyholidays (which has changed to the 25% +HB "new" offer) then you not only get different small print for breakfasts but a big huge page offering:

"Be prepared for special company with your breakfast as Mickey and the gang join you for a bite. Meet your favourite characters over a buffet breakfast at Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park." with small print "Your meal plan includes breakfast with Disney characters!" (and "Your meal plan includes dining with Disney characters!" plus "Your meal plan includes lunch with Disney princesses!" - the same as the old Inventions and auberge descriptions)

that would lead me to believe that I was booking a package that put me in plaza gardens each day (without supplement). I'd be miffed if I had to pay each day. The holiday price is identical to that shown on DLP page.
I read it to be that if you wanted, you could eat at PG or ADC as that particular meal plan includes them at no extra cost. I don't think it's a given that you eat at PG for breakfast every day automatically?

The problem with all this is the brochures aren't clear and the staff aren't clear!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List