Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The only time we queued more than 20 minutes for a character, there were not actually many people in front. It's just that, as you say, the characters spend loads of time with each family and lots of
different combinations of photos are taken. Breaks are also a regular occurrence.

This doesn't depend on whether they have disability passes - it's pretty standard across the board. And having browsed various websites, many US Disney park fans regard it as a huge plus and
something the other parks could learn from.

The best way to avoid long queues is to go during EMH and/or do a character meal.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
A few posters seem to have missed the point, a bit like Disney!

Yes, we knew it would be busy and we've planned and looked for opportunities accordingly.

The 50 mins to see Mickey we turned down and instead saw the small queue at 1:05pm for the 1:15 Alice meet and went for it.

Can anyone honestly say they would see a queue of 7 or 8 families taking 55 mins to get to the front and then not be slightly annoyed if the characters then disappeared?

The attitude of Disney does seem to be "its busy, get on with it" when I believe for a brand of that nature they should be looking to exceed expectations and look for the small things that help customers out during what will be a tougher trip with the crowds. I've witnessed a lot of the "cast members" just doing a 6/10 bang average job. You certainly notice the ones going the extra mile, interacting with the kids when in queues, looking to fill small gaps on rides to get the queues through asap... but not everyone is doing that.
I think your issue is that you were in the queue at a suitable time, prior to the attraction opening. If you'd have joined the line at 1:30pm at got cut off before seeing the characters, then i'd have said well, if you're keen get there early.

It would annoy me also, I don't know how the medical cards work at DLP, but if there was only 8 families in front of you, I can't see why they didn't filter the medical bookings, rather than letting them all go in at the expense of families without medical cards.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post

DLP policy:

POST-STAY COMPLAINT

If your stay has already come to an end and you have comments you would like to share with us, please use the form available here or send an e-mail to dlp.guest.communication@disney.com.

Form: my-disneyland.disneylandpari...ancreContactus

If you want to take it to the top then email the CEO:

Catherine Powell: catherine.powell@disney.com

The system should work like Fastpass. So many medical cards then so many from the normal queue, then some medical cards, then normal queue and so on.

Edited at 02:26 PM.
Old 18 Apr 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Brilliant - thanks for those emails. I'd rather enjoy our final day and then pick it up after. It's never going to be 100% all the time, but when you raise it with the attendant and they say go to City Hall and the desk person there suggests an excellent remedy... for it to fall down when it reaches the Head of Characters, I think that's where the issue lies. Almost felt like the lady was relaying back to me a sense of the Head of Characters taking it as a personal slur on the team! I wonder whether some of the issue was lost in translation.
Old 18 Apr 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

This happened to me at the Mickey and Minnie greet on the day of the 25th anniversary (only that was because a VIP turned up and spent about 20 mins with the characters so no one else could meet them). We ended up getting what is essentially a disability pass to meet the characters later that day without a wait to apologise for letting us wait there for an hour and not meet them.

I'd definitely complain to City Hall. They should at least give you a time to meet the Alice characters without a wait if you're there tomorrow. It was a failing of the CMs running the meet that you didn't get to meet the characters as they shouldn't let people join the line if they won't be able to meet them.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
Brilliant - thanks for those emails. I'd rather enjoy our final day and then pick it up after.
It's never going to be 100% all the time, but when you raise it with the attendant and they say go to City Hall and the desk person there suggests an excellent remedy... for it to fall down when it reaches the Head of Characters, I think that's where the issue lies.
Almost felt like the lady was relaying back to me a sense of the Head of Characters taking it as a personal slur on the team! I wonder whether some of the issue was lost in translation.
I totally agree with you there OP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

thats a shame. sorry to hear that.

i noticed that with DLP - the characters seem to spend sooooo much longer spending time with people than over in America.

A 15 minute line for a character in America will be a 50 minute plus wait for a meet and greet at DLP.

I waited an hour and 10 mins for Halloween Mickey and Minnie last year - something i would have never done in the American Parks but as i know now how it works i was prepared to wait and what a great meet it was.

not sure what to say though - how you get around that if people with medical cards are already at the front? I wonder if DLP could have extended the meet and greet times?

Edited at 04:41 PM.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Boots1234 View Post
thats a shame. sorry to hear that.

i noticed that with DLP - the characters seem to spend sooooo much longer spending time with people than over in America.

A 15 minute line for a character in America will be a 50 minute plus wait for a meet and greet at DLP.

I waited an hour and 10 mins for Halloween Mickey and Minnie last year - something i would have never done in the American Parks but as i know now how it works i was prepared to wait and what a great meet it was.

not sure what to say though - how you get around that if people with medical cards are already at the front? I wonder if DLP could have extended the meet and greet times?
They should close the queue if there won't be enough time for everyone to meet the characters. If not the characters should either return to meet everyone in the queue or those who missed out should get a time to meet them later if possible. It's a failing of DLP if they're allowing people to join the queue and wait for an hour only to not meet the characters.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
We where really annoyed by the character queues, like everyone else says, it doesnt seem to matter how short the line is you wait forever. We gave up after the 2nd day. There seemed to be no one helping organise anything, we got very irate at families all taking every combination of children, children and parents, children and grand parents etc, who then had to do the whole routine again with each members individual camera!

It was literally every single character just took forever.
oh yes the 'every single photo' combo! dont ya just love it! snowflake has a picture of her and mickey, which the parents take a snap of. then Mum jumps into the picture whilst Dad takes the pic - then finally dad also jumps in for the whole family whilst the photo pass photographer takes the images.

and remember they take pictures on both phones and professional camera!

haha.

i had never seen anything like it until i went to DLP.

Photo pass photographer - slows EVERYTHING WAY DOWN. It is so much quicker when there is no photo pass person there.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Also even with EMH - unless you are the in the first few people to get in line - you can still wait up to an hour - especially if there is a photopass photographer there.