Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I would of complained also , as you say only a few families in front of you. I know there are reasons some people have medical cards but as someone else mentioned they should only issue so many slots to those each hour so that people without medical issues can get a fair shot at seeing them. Also as the CM controlling the Q they should of known how many medical cards were due back so should of advised you of the wait.

In my experience if you an issue express you discontent with a logical reason for your compliant and if nothing can be done always put it in writing or make sure that the forms are filled in by the cM in town hall. And don't be afraid to goto town hall the next day if nothing was done and ask if they can do anything that day as sometimes the options they have each day are limited.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I would of complained also , as you say only a few families in front of you. I know there are reasons some people have medical cards but as someone else mentioned they should only issue so many slots to those each hour so that people without medical issues can get a fair shot at seeing them. Also as the CM controlling the Q they should of known how many medical cards were due back so should of advised you of the wait.

In my experience if you an issue express you discontent with a logical reason for your compliant and if nothing can be done always put it in writing or make sure that the forms are filled in by the cM in town hall. And don't be afraid to goto town hall the next day if nothing was done and ask if they can do anything that day as sometimes the options they have each day are limited.
Hi our son has a medical card, and last year when we saw the charactors the cast member has a clipboard with timeslots on, i think there are 8 available, once these slots with a return time have gone thats it for that charactor iff we want to see the charactors then we have to wait in the main queue which for us is impossible with our son whos Autistic and stuggles with crowds...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I'm glad it's like it is now then, that sounds scary!

My dd was disappointed last summer - we spotted Peter Pan, and dd was dressed as Tinker Bell, so she asked if she could meet him. The queue was long - about 10 families in it, but we were killing time waiting for dh and older dd who were in a 60 min queue for a ride, so we joined the end. 20 mins later we'd moved two spaces forward and after 25 mins, a CM came through the queue to say Peter Pan was leaving and it would be Smee instead.

We had actually missed out on meeting Smee at a character meal when he didn't get round to our table (we waited after finishing our food but then all the characters left and didn't come back) but dd didn't want to queue for Smee, so we left.

I hadn't really thought about that until reading this thread, so I think you're right that people generally take away the good memories and that's why they come back for more. But I do wonder now whether the queue was so slow moving because of either disability passes or multiple photos, and I did think at the time that it would improve the experience if CMs were able to tell you when you join the queue whether you were likely to meet the character or not. Did Alice come back to your queue in the end, or had she left for good?

they should have told you that you may not get to see Peter Pan when you first joined the line. i have learnt to ask who is next on rotation.

i joined the line when it was just Queen of hearts ( i didn't want to meet her) as i was told that after her White Rabbit would be out next. I wanted to meet white Rabbit so got in line. There was a bonus as Alice was with him (so i met them both) then i asked who would be out next and it was Mad hatter and Queen of Hearts. So i got in line again and met them (as i wanted to meet Hatter) when they came out after Alice and Rabbit had gone in.

Long winding post - but my point is always ask who is next, what time, etc.
:-)

Edited at 10:22 AM.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
Hi our son has a medical card, and last year when we saw the charactors the cast member has a clipboard with timeslots on, i think there are 8 available, once these slots with a return time have gone thats it for that charactor iff we want to see the charactors then we have to wait in the main queue which for us is impossible with our son whos Autistic and stuggles with crowds...
that is fair.

i am not autistic and also struggle with crowds. :-)

bless him - hope he had fun.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Just to add a little balance, yesterday we had an issue with FP where by it would only issue 3 of the four tickets as the one entrance ticket was saying it was not used for admission.

Went to City Hall and the cast member sorted it for us quickly and efficiently by contacting the ride who allowed all four of us to ride at the same time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Never had any issues thankully on my last trip then I'm quite happy to wait. I love meeting characters as I'm not really into the huge rides and two of my fave rides were closed for referb.

I waited about half an hour or so for minnie and mickey during EMH and just before my turn the CM asked me if it would be ok to let a family with a child in a wheelchair in before me and I said that was perfectly fine. I only had to wait another 5 minutes. That CM in general was lovely and some probably wouldn't even bother asking you if it's ok to let one of those groups in. He kindly took my photos for me too as I was on my own.

I probably waited longest in Princess Pavilion to meet Ariel but that was to be expected plus it was inside out of the cold which didn't bother me. When I met Merida she was away on her break when we joined the queue. I think we waited about half an hour for her too.

Some people seem to get annoyed with people who make the most of their character interactions. I personaly like to have a quick talk to them, especially if they are face characters. Like chip n dale kidnapped me and walked off past casey's corner to where they head off on their breaks and were dancing with me. I do try not to spend forever with them as I know there's loads of other people waiting to meet them.
Old 21 Apr 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by QueenPresley View Post
Some people seem to get annoyed with people who make the most of their character interactions. I personaly like to have a quick talk to them, especially if they are face characters. Like chip n dale kidnapped me and walked off past casey's corner to where they head off on their breaks and were dancing with me. I do try not to spend forever with them as I know there's loads of other people waiting to meet them.
It can be hard work waiting in line especially with young children who just don't understand. However, I agree about the characters at DLP. Most do give the extra mile and the interaction is amazing. We were quite surprised how different it was to most of the characters we met at WDW for instance. ETA that was character meets in the parks, not so much at meals where we felt they were on a par.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think the 8 medical pass slots in a 45 mins window is possibly ok for characters who don't talk. However for this Alice and Mad Hatter one, the Hatter offers some great interaction, so the 8 medical card slots took up virtually the whole 45 mins. This was the issue. It's pretty basic, I'm surprised the Head of Characters can't work this sort of thing out, but then the impression I've been left with is that he isn't capable of doing that job.
Old 22 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just seeing this thread now.
I think you're referring to me in city hall as I remember hearing the guy beside me while I was getting my sons access card really giving off.
Sorry about you're experience, my son uses the card for characters & you have to make an appointment to see them. You are given a time slot to return & I think there's only so many slots. I recall just yesterday a family turning up 10 mins late for their 2pm appointment & they were just told they were too late, so they had to make another appointment. They weren't pleased either but they shouldn't have showed up late. When the appointment slots run out & if you're still looking to meet the said character you have to join the line.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon - 2019.
⭐️Washington DC - 2022 ⭐️ LA/Anaheim - 2023
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

did you get any response to your email Ted74?