Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

DW works in education so couldn't get any time off during the week. We arrive late on Friday and I will be doing the 10k and the half marathon. I did the 5k and the half last year, a great experience with plenty of characters around, even got a photo with Roger Rabbit!

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I leave tonight! I'm hoping I have packed everything - this is my first time traveling for a running event so I have a special list of running things to pack (running shoes, Sparkle skirts, Body Glide, etc)!

Just got the run booklet in my email and apparently the 5K/10K is untimed? The medals look amazing - do people wear them around in the parks after?

Good luck everyone and see you all there!
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

For people not running can we watch from inside the parks?
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ShenleyAnne
Having Dinner with Goofy

Sky13, the 5k and 10k are untimed as in you don't get an official time but you still need to keep under the 16 minute a mile pace. And yes people do wear the medals round the park later. I saw one woman last year wearing 10+ rundisney medals from lots of different events. Have a safe trip tonight!

Eeyorefanuk, you can but you need a special bracelet by the looks of things. It mentions it in the event guide:

run.disneylandparis/sites...ide_EN_Web.pdf

An extract about the 10K:

SPECTATORS AREA (MAIN STREET, U.S.A.®):
• Disneyland® Park
• Access between 6.45am and 8am only on presentation of bracelet to be collected from the Disney® Events Arena
SPECTATORS AREA (FINISH LINE):
• Walt Disney Studios® Park
• Access between 6.45am and 6.55am and again between 8am and 9am only on presentation of bracelet to be
collected from the Disney® Events Arena
November 2014 I Drive & Disney Dream cruise / April 2016 Miami, Orlando, Clearwater / September 2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon / April 2017 I Drive / September 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon / October 2018 Birthday OKW DVC Rental Trip /
October 2019
Thomas Cook went bump so to off to DLP / October 2021 Disney Magic Staycation /
September 2022
Honeymoon CSR, Disney Wish, I Drive
ShenleyAnne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Good luck to everyone running this weekend! I did the 5k and half marathon last year (10k did not exist!) you'll have an amazing time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShenleyAnne View Post
Sky13, the 5k and 10k are untimed as in you don't get an official time but you still need to keep under the 16 minute a mile pace. And yes people do wear the medals round the park later. I saw one woman last year wearing 10+ rundisney medals from lots of different events. Have a safe trip tonight!
Thanks! Not too worried about keeping to the pace for 5 and 10k (the half is a different matter altogether) so if they're untimed I'm just going to enjoy myself and do character stops!

And that sounds fun, if people are wearing their medals around the parks then I'll do that too! I'm usually too embarrassed to wear any medals after a race...
Old 20 Sep 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenleyAnne
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Thanks! Not too worried about keeping to the pace for 5 and 10k (the half is a different matter altogether) so if they're untimed I'm just going to enjoy myself and do character stops!

And that sounds fun, if people are wearing their medals around the parks then I'll do that too! I'm usually too embarrassed to wear any medals after a race...
Around the timing for the half, get to your corral as early as possible. The 3:30 doesn't start till the last person is out of the starting gate. Even if you are in the last corral, being at the front of it rather than the back makes a huge difference. Last year it took us over 40 mins to get to the starting line after the first runners went and we were probably 1/4 of the way through the last corral. Just gives you a bit more time to survive it

I'm definitely wearing my medals all weekend! So you won't be the only one. Are you dressing up for the runs too?
November 2014 I Drive & Disney Dream cruise / April 2016 Miami, Orlando, Clearwater / September 2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon / April 2017 I Drive / September 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon / October 2018 Birthday OKW DVC Rental Trip /
October 2019
Thomas Cook went bump so to off to DLP / October 2021 Disney Magic Staycation /
September 2022
Honeymoon CSR, Disney Wish, I Drive
ShenleyAnne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I'm heading over on Friday and hoping to do all 3! Very excited and a bit nervous It sounds like it will be amazing... Good luck everyone
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShenleyAnne View Post
Around the timing for the half, get to your corral as early as possible. The 3:30 doesn't start till the last person is out of the starting gate. Even if you are in the last corral, being at the front of it rather than the back makes a huge difference. Last year it took us over 40 mins to get to the starting line after the first runners went and we were probably 1/4 of the way through the last corral. Just gives you a bit more time to survive it

I'm definitely wearing my medals all weekend! So you won't be the only one. Are you dressing up for the runs too?
Sounds good! I'll definitely try to get there early then, just a bit worried about freezing while waiting... Not used to running in cold weather anymore!

Not dressing up but I'll be wearing a Sparkle skirt! 🙂
Old 21 Sep 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm on my way train to Manchester airport now, Easyjet flight to Paris then TGV to Disney!

My case is so full of running outfits I could barely fit any normal clothes in lol I've got Belle for the 5k, Maleficent for the 10k & 25th anniversary Minnie for the half!

Travelling solo but meeting up with some other runners tonight & my room mate (& fellow Dibber) arrives tomorrow
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List