Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Mar 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Lots of Eurostar’s cancelled next week on the 3rd and 4th. We go on the 9th but the train we would be on on the 3rd and 4th has been cancelled. Eurostar said they should know in the next few days what’s going to happen for my dates.
It’s so worrying! I hope your train is not effected. Are you on the direct train to Disneyland?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
It’s so worrying! I hope your train is not effected. Are you on the direct train to Disneyland?
No, to Lille then SNCF to Disneyland. I’m guessing we will be swapping to a Paris train.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It is worth taking directions with you in case you have to go on the Paris train. Getting to DLP from Paris is very easy and not expensive, no need to worry. It costs 7.50 (adult fare).

At Gare du Nord, follow the signs downstairs to the Metro. At the ticket office/machines you need to buy a t+ ticket to Marne la Vallee. The machines have an 'English' option.

Then follow the signs for RER Line B (a blue circle with the letters RER in it). It's a very quick walk. The lines are signposted by 'direction' and the name of the last stop. You want 'Direction Robinson' or 'Direction Remy-les-Chevreuses'. (Easy to remember as Robinson and Remy both have a DLP theme!)

Then you go down to the platform and go one stop on the train to Chatelet les Halles. Get off, and directly facing you is the platform for the RER Line 1 (red) which you want. You'll see a sign board above your head with the names of stations lit up. If 'Marne la Vallee' is lit up, then the next train stops there.

It takes about 40 minutes and is much easier than you would think.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It is worth taking directions with you in case you have to go on the Paris train. Getting to DLP from Paris is very easy and not expensive, no need to worry. It costs 7.50 (adult fare).

At Gare du Nord, follow the signs downstairs to the Metro. At the ticket office/machines you need to buy a t+ ticket to Marne la Vallee. The machines have an 'English' option.

Then follow the signs for RER Line B (a blue circle with the letters RER in it). It's a very quick walk. The lines are signposted by 'direction' and the name of the last stop. You want 'Direction Robinson' or 'Direction Remy-les-Chevreuses'. (Easy to remember as Robinson and Remy both have a DLP theme!)

Then you go down to the platform and go one stop on the train to Chatelet les Halles. Get off, and directly facing you is the platform for the RER Line 1 (red) which you want. You'll see a sign board above your head with the names of stations lit up. If 'Marne la Vallee' is lit up, then the next train stops there.

Thanks Gill. I will take your directions with us. It isn’t looking good but to be honest I’m not bothered now as long as we get there!

I assume on the way back we do this in reverse! I think I will watch some you tube videos lol. The underground always looks confusing to me!

Are the trains from Disneyland regular to Paris?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

That’s great info. Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
Yeah, I had no problems last Friday.
I also had no problems last Friday (indirect via Lille) but I think the strikes finished at 8am that day, so Thursday might have been a different story!
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Thanks Gill. I will take your directions with us. It isn’t looking good but to be honest I’m not bothered now as long as we get there!

I assume on the way back we do this in reverse! I think I will watch some you tube videos lol. The underground always looks confusing to me!

Are the trains from Disneyland regular to Paris?
Yes, there's an RER along every few minutes.

It really isn't too difficult, just follow the signs and you'll be fine.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Here a rough guide I used this but the other way from Disneyland Paris back to the euro star we be useingnthis again this year there and back

travellingwithnikki/2...-paris-by-rer/
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We go on June 27th and it’s stated that the strikes finish on the 28th. Keeping a close eye on developments. We are on the direct train. Gutted as it’s a surprise trip for DD.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
We go on June 27th and it’s stated that the strikes finish on the 28th. Keeping a close eye on developments. We are on the direct train. Gutted as it’s a surprise trip for DD.
Direct trains should be fine as they're operated by Eurostar.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List