Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jclaydon
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Angeshall View Post
I did the run weekend this year... love, love, loved it. Sooooo doing it again next year. Only did the half this year, but want to do all three next year. I just booked a hotel package, got 4 nights for 2 in Feb 2018. Paid deposit (£200 ish) and the full balance in July. Then just bought my bib separately. Got cheap EasyJet flights from Liverpool to CDG. Transfers with Prestige, who were fab.

My only concern for next year is there is no NYH (where we stayed) as it’s being refurbed, so reduced availability overall. I’ve already started looking at Newport Bay. In fact I was pricing up the hotel on Monday when we were still there waiting for rides! Overall it’s looking more expensive than this year, but we had such a fab time that I want to do it again. The current 4 for 2 offer ends 1 October... ohhh, decisions, decisions...
Think this is the way I'm going to go for next year. Did you have any problems getting the bibs when they went on sale?
jclaydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Angeshall
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by jclaydon View Post
Think this is the way I'm going to go for next year. Did you have any problems getting the bibs when they went on sale?
No probs at all, but I only booked the half. I booked on the day of release, they went on sale some time in the afternoon on 17 April 2018 (ive just checked my emails!). But, I was planning on doing the half in 2017 and there were still half bibs available in the June of 2017. I didn't end up doing it and decided on 2018 instead! The 31k and 36k challenge maybe different. You have to purchase the bibs as a package to be eligible for the challenge and the extra blingy medal!
Angeshall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

As a heads up, if you book a package (even just a regular one through Disney) you should be able to add the bibs to that package before the bib only sale date.

I booked my Disney package direct with bibs way back at the end of January, while the bibs themselves didn't go on sale until mid April.

If you want to do the challenge I'd book it asap. The 5k tends to sell out first which means the 36k challenge also sells out first too.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Ah okay thanks everyone for the info! Looks like we’ll be booking sharpish then
Old 28 Sep 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jclaydon
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
As a heads up, if you book a package (even just a regular one through Disney) you should be able to add the bibs to that package before the bib only sale date.

I booked my Disney package direct with bibs way back at the end of January, while the bibs themselves didn't go on sale until mid April.

If you want to do the challenge I'd book it asap. The 5k tends to sell out first which means the 36k challenge also sells out first too.
How did you manage to add the bibs on? I'd seen some people did this last year but though it was only for Annual Passholders?
jclaydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jclaydon View Post
How did you manage to add the bibs on? I'd seen some people did this last year but though it was only for Annual Passholders?
I didn't have an annual pass when I made the booking. I just called Disney and asked them for a quote when it was posted online they had been made available.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
I didn't have an annual pass when I made the booking. I just called Disney and asked them for a quote when it was posted online they had been made available.
This sounds perfect. Disney are doing their 2 nights free offer for the Run Weekend next year which makes it cheaper than Run to the Magic and AP discount if you're booking 4 nights If we can add the 36k challenge on later that would be the cheapest way for us to do it, even if we don't get AP discount on the bib package.
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FindingMerida View Post
This sounds perfect. Disney are doing their 2 nights free offer for the Run Weekend next year which makes it cheaper than Run to the Magic and AP discount if you're booking 4 nights If we can add the 36k challenge on later that would be the cheapest way for us to do it, even if we don't get AP discount on the bib package.
It’s actually a little bit cheaper 🧐 to book via run to the magic unless I’m missing something? RTTM prices even include park tickets

Old 29 Sep 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
It’s actually a little bit cheaper 🧐 to book via run to the magic unless I’m missing something? RTTM prices even include park tickets

We're looking at Sequoia Lodge which is about £130 more for us through RTTM than Disney (and £210 more than we paid this year!). But when I messaged them about it, they did say that some hotels were not as big a jump so Santa Fe might be one of the better deals?
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FindingMerida View Post
We're looking at Sequoia Lodge which is about £130 more for us through RTTM than Disney (and £210 more than we paid this year!). But when I messaged them about it, they did say that some hotels were not as big a jump so Santa Fe might be one of the better deals?
Ah okay fair enough xx