Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I’m worried. We don’t go until 27th Dec but am watching with a sense of dread.
It would just top our year off. We had to cancel our Disney cruise at Easter when my Dad died suddenly 4 days before we were due to leave. We are going to DLP with Mam and the in-laws as something to look forward to after what we expect will be a tough first Christmas without Dad. We are in Newcastle and would need 2 cars as 7 of us so not likely we can switch to driving.
I don’t think I could face telling my daughter we’ve had to cancel our second Disney holiday of the year, and as everything is booked separately cancelling/getting refunds could be difficult so it would be fingers crossed for insurance.
Hope they sort themselves out sooner rather than later and everyone gets their holiday.
We also fly on the 27th and are beginning to worry now. I assume if flights were cancelled then the channel tunnel would soon get booked up with people switching to driving?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I guess so too and even if there is availability I guess prices will be severely increased.
I’m watching today’s flights from Newcastle. Air France are still operating although the 6am hasn’t left yet, not clear whether it’s strikes or fog in Paris that is the problem as there is a thread on a Christmas season Facebook page about it.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Hi, I’m joining you on this thread as we’re booked for DLP on 18th-22nd, travelling on Eurostar into Paris so will need to get RER out to DLP from there. My plan B will be to switch to Eurotunnel and drive - relatively easy for us as we’re in Kent and have used Eurotunnel and driven in France twice already this year. For those less familiar and worried about pricing I just wanted to say that even their top prices when very busy are probably less than your flights/Eurostar were if you’ll have refund money to use, partly because you pay per vehicle not per person. For instance I just did a dummy return booking for tomorrow until Sunday (ie across a period when strikes are known to be happening) and there is plenty of availability for under £200 return. Of course there’s petrol (and tolls?) to pay on top but maybe still cheaper overall? If anybody needs any help or advice about the Eurotunnel and driving in France I’m happy to try and answer any questions - will keep an eye on this thread. Really feel for those of you travelling in next few days and unable to easily switch your arrangements.

Edited to add - just looked at today for very last minute Eurotunnel availability (ie on a day when many flights and Eurostars are cancelled) and still big choice of outward journey times for £112 per vehicle on short stay saver (up to 5 days). Return journeys under £100 depending on day and time. I guess it’ll generally be more booked up closer to Christmas but I feel hopeful that switching at sensible prices is possible for those that this would suit.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I’m going on Monday & worrying. We’re only going for 3 nights so if we get cancelled on Monday & if we’re moved on the following day flight does Disney allow you to check in a day later? I don’t know if we can go a day later if it happens as I need to be back next Friday. Will Disney move our dates to January maybe? I’ll phone them later as I know the flight today from belfast to Paris is cancelled today already.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I posted on the other thread so apologises for repeating.

I was originally booked on Eurostar to Lille then change to Disney on Sunday 8th, my SNCF train is cancelled although my Eurostar train is still running.

I would recommend anyone who has a Eurostar train booked with onward travel with SNCF to double check. My email came from SNCF, when I rang Eurostar they did not know of the cancellation and said they would have only been told 2 days prior

I had to email them the proof and they transferred me to the direct train to Disney.

Edited at 02:11 PM.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Does anyone have any ideas whether this is going to affect flights for Chritmas
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

From what I can see there is no end date... it's ongoing for the unforeseen future and we need to just keep checking daily for updates. Looks set to continue until least the 12th at the moment from reports I can find.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JayTheDisneyDad View Post
From what I can see there is no end date... it's ongoing for the unforeseen future and we need to just keep checking daily for updates. Looks set to continue until least the 12th at the moment from reports I can find.
It’s a nightmare as we are literally going Xmas eve back Boxing Day so any delays and it’s not worth going! Do you think the airline would put us on an earlier flight free of charge incase there was a delay? I was thinking of ringing them as this would help offset the risk of not actually being there
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Monday 16th looks to be the next strike day. FGTE / CFDT have filed for a general transport stike so that could be anything.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Monday 16th looks to be the next strike day. FGTE / CFDT have filed for a general transport stike so that could be anything.
That is the day we are due to fly home
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List