Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Dec 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by janey2000 View Post
Does this mean the weekend will be effected too, like it is at the moment even though its not actually a strike day? We are this sunday and i just don't know how to get from gare du nord to disney as the options are all looking likely to be unavailable (going on what happened sunday just gone)

We were on one of the Eurostars that went to Gare du Nord last Thursday 5th arriving at lunch time.

We had to get to DLP and it took us about an hour to secure an uber. There weren't any taxis outside and staff inside just shrugged and couldn't offer us any advice. All of the roads surrounding Gare du Nord were blocked off. Our uber driver had to park away from the train station and ran to us to bring us back to his car. It took us about 30 mins getting through the crowds and police with our suitcases.

Not sure if we were just unlucky with the timing when we arrived though but we were lucky that that driver went out of his way to help us!
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’re just back last night with EJ so we were right in the middle of the strikes & we weren’t even a minute delayed for going & coming back. We did get updated to check flight checker yesterday & was told to arrive on time at the airport but to expect delays, & we took off 5 mins early!
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
We’re just back last night with EJ so we were right in the middle of the strikes & we weren’t even a minute delayed for going & coming back. We did get updated to check flight checker yesterday & was told to arrive on time at the airport but to expect delays, & we took off 5 mins early!
Aww that’s great. Hope you got to meet Olaf
I’m concerned as in the news it says they will continue with strikes even over Christmas as we are there for such a short time any delay would make it not worth going
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

For eurostar. None of the DLP trains are cancelled today tomorrow. Quarter of paris trains cancelled, looks like 1 every 5. A couple of paris trains cancelles today. Lille seems less affected, only 1 cancelled tomorrow.

Air france running normal from UK. Flight tracker shows average of 3 hour delay on strike day but my flight ran ok on each day (chexk yours easily enough). Uber delays from GdN was high. Most taxis didnt run due to blockade. Airport taxis normal but wouldnt go to paris centre.

Source. Work colleague who i went out for drinks with (french gone home for christmas yesterday)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
For eurostar. None of the DLP trains are cancelled today tomorrow. Quarter of paris trains cancelled, looks like 1 every 5. A couple of paris trains cancelles today. Lille seems less affected, only 1 cancelled tomorrow.

Air france running normal from UK. Flight tracker shows average of 3 hour delay on strike day but my flight ran ok on each day (chexk yours easily enough). Uber delays from GdN was high. Most taxis didnt run due to blockade. Airport taxis normal but wouldnt go to paris centre.

Source. Work colleague who i went out for drinks with (french gone home for christmas yesterday)
Im flying EJ Christmas Eve and back Boxing Day (not as concerned with the return) and I have booked a private transfer so hopefully all will be fine! Are these private taxis part of the strike?
TIA
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by aay_esha View Post
We were on one of the Eurostars that went to Gare du Nord last Thursday 5th arriving at lunch time.

We had to get to DLP and it took us about an hour to secure an uber. There weren't any taxis outside and staff inside just shrugged and couldn't offer us any advice. All of the roads surrounding Gare du Nord were blocked off. Our uber driver had to park away from the train station and ran to us to bring us back to his car. It took us about 30 mins getting through the crowds and police with our suitcases.

Not sure if we were just unlucky with the timing when we arrived though but we were lucky that that driver went out of his way to help us!
This is worrying! We are on the Eurostar to GDN now and I have prebooked a taxi transfer. Praying he will be waiting for us otherwise I’m out of ideas 😖

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

if your taxi can make it to the station, you'll be alright. Maybe later than you'd have expected at DLP, but you'll get there, eventually

now for those anticipating a train ride, in the next days

Tuesday (17 december) all the trains that will be avalaible for booking on the SNCF site are guaranteed to run until the 22nd of december
Thursday (19 deccember) the railway will announce the list of trains that will be guaranteed running from december 24 through december 26
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

The blockade was on the major strike/demonstration days. I wasnt clear, sorry, ans this was because taxis couldnt get through NOT because they were striking. The strike has been ongoing just not publicised much, there isnt much info publically but there is talk on another demonstration monday/tuesday (freight union, their tactic in the past was go slow on french side of calais and ring road)

Not all the unions are striking. As above poster says, you can check on oui.sncf website for specific trains to see if they are running. We fly in 2 days, not worried. RS transport have confirmed to me they are ok for both legs.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Old 16 Dec 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Air traffic control strikes on 17th will mainly affect orly. Air france have released a statement. AF pledge to keep CDG flights running.
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

I called Eurostar today to see if there was any chance in changing our booking that goes through lille to the direct train, because I can see a few seats available. Only the way out that we are worried about as we are on the direct train home.

‘No problem, I can do that for £385.’
(2 adults, 1 small child. Original booking was £200 total round trip, which we paid in compensation vouchers because our last trip home was delayed. Though the most interesting part of the call was the customer service rep not knowing that the strikes were still going today. ‘Oh, did that not finish last week?’ I can’t be the only customer calling up on this topic, surely!)

So... our new plan is we are taking the train we have booked and winging it from Lille. May the force be with us?
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List