Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Dec 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Mobile

I also called Eurostar today, to try to change our train into Paris on Wednesday to the direct Disneyland service, but was told we can’t change to a different arrival station, can only postpone our journey. Our Eurostar train is still running but I’m worried about getting from Gare du Nord out to Disney.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

time to go. wish us luck! Strikes dont seem to have hit as hard today according to reports.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
time to go. wish us luck! Strikes dont seem to have hit as hard today according to reports.
Fingers crossed you have a problem-free journey and an amazing trip.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mesh2853
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by janey2000 View Post
This is worrying! We are on the Eurostar to GDN now and I have prebooked a taxi transfer. Praying he will be waiting for us otherwise I’m out of ideas 😖
How did you get on getting from GDN to Disney. We are due to go that route Saturday night. Not sure if we should book a transfer from the train station to Disney.
Mesh2853 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Ok. Cdg, staff warned people not to go to TGV. Magic shuttle was queuing. Rs transport were 5 mins late but txted me (stocked up at m&s for snacks). Uber was 30 min wait. I didnt pay attention to taxi rank. Airport was busy, our flight was full, met a colleague from work in arrivals hall, kids met a friend from school!

Our flight pls manchester were on the same belt, over half the belt were for disney so a big call for transport to disney.

Edited at 10:01 AM.
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mesh2853 View Post
How did you get on getting from GDN to Disney. We are due to go that route Saturday night. Not sure if we should book a transfer from the train station to Disney.
I prebooked a taxi transfer with Paris Best disney transfers and they were amazing. Honestly don't know what i would have done otherwise. Cost 75 € each way and expect it to take 2 hours. We left very early for our return (on the eurostar now as i type) and so were at GDN for 1800 for our 2013 train so they let us take the 1913 train. Very handy. Paris was horrendous, cars and people everywhere and some horrid man (obviously drugs or mental health issues) tried to attack my husband, next time I will pay the extra to go to Disney direct 😂

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We have managed to exchange for a different set of trains on the same day and same route, as our original connecting train is now officially cancelled rather than just 'you can totally tell it's going to be cancelled'. It actually means we are taking an earlier train (leaving around 11 instead of 12, so getting there in time for Stars on Parade!) and in a change of events from the phone call earlier this week, there was no fee for changing the itinerary. Huzzah.

In case anyone out there is quietly reading this, most of the Lille trains on Friday the 20th are either full or cancelled but at the time of typing this, there are still seats on the 14:01 and the 17:39 from Lille to DLP.

Good luck everyone!

Now to pack! Thermals. Wellies. I apologise in advance that it will rain this weekend because since we got annual passes, we haven't done a single visit without torrential rain. I have learnt my lesson and am packing accordingly so I'm not carrying pack soggy trainers!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Weather is quite warm. OH has had t shirt and fleece on plus hat but not needed ski gear. DD1 is always cold even with central heating. DD2 hasnt needed ski gear. Temp is about 6C no wind mildly foggy.
Old 19 Dec 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyismybff View Post
In case anyone out there is quietly reading this, most of the Lille trains on Friday the 20th are either full or cancelled but at the time of typing this, there are still seats on the 14:01 and the 17:39 from Lille to DLP.
don't tell me ... my mom (82) lives in Lille, she was booked on a train to come down see us (we live near Lyon) to spend christmas with us and see her grandson she only sees once a year ...

well ... she'll spend christmas alone and my son won't see her ... thanks to our unions ...

sorry, I had to vent.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

I’m so sorry.

Wish I had something better to say.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List