Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Jan 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile DLP water refills & hotel drinks.

Hi all. Is a water bottle top up easily available in DLP or do you have to ask for it in a restaurant. Presumably its not wise to fill up from basins in restrooms? Also on youtube videos for hotel cheyenne there seems to be a hot drinks machine in the entrance. What's that all about please?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

There are water fountains outside all / most of the toilet areas, but I believe lots are switched off during the winter. We didn’t find that a problem as the only time we need to refill our bottles regularly was during our spring / summer visits - we found all of the fountains were switched on during the warmer seasons. You can also get a free jug of water brought to the table in restaurants - we just used the jug to refill our bottles in the winter, and that was plenty to get us through to our next meal.

We’ve never done it, but apparently your room card entitles you to a certain number of free hot drinks from the hotel drinks machines. I think Cheyenne is excluded from this, though.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

As Eloise says, there are water fountains near the bathrooms around the parks. There is also one in the hub in front of the castle. In winter the outdoor ones are switched off but the fountains in the arcades behind the shops down Main Street are still on and also the water fountain by the bathroom in studio 1 in the Studios is still switched on.
Also, the restaurant at breakfast has a water machine where you could fill up your bottles. I have drunk water from the bathrooms in the hotel rooms and it is perfectly safe to drink.

Your hotel room card can be scanned at the hot drinks machine and you get a free drink. It worked in 2018 when I stayed at Newport Bay but the year before it didn’t work at Cheyenne. This may have changed - no harm trying.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We tried the hot drinks machines in the Cheyenne in June and whatever drink we selected, it just said not available 🤷🏻
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The hot drink vending machines are a bit of a pain tbh.
Often they don't work very well (Popular items empty), and the thimble-size cups they dispense are "wafer thin" so if you have a healthy walk back to your room, you burn your fingers.
I avoid it now and collect at Starbucks on my walk back to the hotel in the evening, then rinse that cup and reuse in the morning to decant my vending-machine beverage into.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Just a note, we didn't see any hot drinks vending machines in the Disneyland Hotel. There probably is one somewhere but I didnt go searching for it as we took nespresso pods, a flask and hot choc sachets with us so those were our daily staples. I suspect you might not get the allowance in the disneyland hotel as you get a drinks selection in your room (plus kettle and nespresso machine). The pods were replenished each day (although we did bring some of our own too).

We didnt find refilling our water a problem, the fountains were running - the studios have a few missing now and there are some odd ones (such as in the queue for PotC -in a place ive never seen the queue extend to)

Edited at 12:31 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Elly_LDN
Helping Donald

Mobile

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge 2 weeks ago and found the hot drink machines really useful. We were told where to find the machine on check in. It was right by the lifts on our floor. It always worked. Yes the cups were small plastic ones. We took our travel mugs and just emptied it into that. You get credit each day for each adult/child. I think we got about 3 drinks each per day. My daughter loved the hot chocolate, one cup was small but just enough for her. As we were in the park most of the day we only used the machines once a day. You can still get a kettle from reception if you prefer. Just take your own tea bags/coffee.

As for water we didn’t really use the fountains apart from attempting to use the one as you walk towards Disneyland Hotel. But they were turned off. So as a previous poster said they may all be turned off in winter.
Elly_LDN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

we used the fountain in the fantasia gardens when switching between the park and studios, this was working a fortnight ago.
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Elly_LDN
Helping Donald

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
we used the fountain in the fantasia gardens when switching between the park and studios, this was working a fortnight ago.
O really...we tried the weekend before Christmas on one occasion and it was off..good to know they can be on at times 👍🏼
Elly_LDN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Im not sure if there are mirror sets but we used the one on the left looking at the disneyland hotel.