Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 09, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

i thought you was talking about florida for a second then!,sorry to hear you had a bad experience, i too went over to france to see family and thought we'd drive to disneyland and didnt even go inside,we arrived at the gates trying to fight our way in as the french dont seem to know how to form a nice orderly line for getting in,very ignorant compared to florida where its nicely quewed getting in,reminded me actually of trying to get out of old trafford when i used to have a season ticket,everyone fighting for inches.
then we parked up and was in the line at the entrance and found everyone to be smoking too and you could see loads of the park and to me it just looked like a greatly scaled down florida,so we thought sod it we're going back to florida in a few weeks we might as well save the money for there so we did!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
macy1
Excited about Disney

When we went a few years back, we stayed at the Hotel Cheyenne, which was ok. We found the staff rude and said we would not go again.
After having been to Florida Disney first we thought the DLP one would be good as well, but to be honest we would never go back there again. It did not have the atmosphere like the one you get in Florida and it just did not feel like Disney at all.
Old 22 Feb 09, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I definately agree about the magical feeling. When ever I have been to FL. I always get very emotional just getting off the plane, and always get tears in my eyes as I see the castle for the first time. But at DLP I have none of that, walking down main street and seeing the castle does nothing for me at all. There are definately no tears or goose bumps.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We were last in DLP in 2005, I throughly enjoyed DLP but hated the smoking and we just gave up on Character greetings after the first attempt (although we did find one or two proper organised greetings with queues and nice backdrops, but the other character encounters were just chaos.

I would probably go back if it was cheaper but it's too expensive for a 2nd rate experience.
We had a similar expereince the last time we went. French guests smoking in the queues (covered areas) while chatting to the CM's!
Trying to get autographs was a joke! We still have a 15 minute long video of our children waiting patiently for an autograph from Minnie. There were about 3 people in front of them when they stood to wait and about 30 people got in before them. It was almost as though the brits were invisible! :angry: we gave up in the end
Staff members were often rude and laughed at us when we mentioned the smokers in the 'covered' queue area.
Would rather go to WDW every 3 years than have a yearly trip to DLP.
I must say that the Sequoia Lodge hotel was lovely though
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Unfortunately, from what I understand DLP isn't owned by Disney. Hence, you could summise that they are unlikely to put as much effort in as WDW. The other thing about DLP is the location. Europe. Personally, I don't know where within Europe you could put Disney themed attraction that would do the "Disney" name justice and have the same (or similar) magic to it. However, saying this you'd probably need to have a feel as what the rest of Disney atractions are like around the world, for instance does California have the same feel as Florida?

Anyway, back to DLP. It's certainly not cheap, and doesn't come across as being a friendly place to be as unfortunately, a lot of the guests do not know how to Q and don't have any manners. We've been 3 times, usually enjoy it but we know what to expect now. Not sure if and when we'll go back as we're DVC members and assumig we can get flights at the right price we'll be off to Florida or somewhere equally as far away.
Old 22 Feb 09, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I always say Mickey Mouse is American! In Paris last year, and wife dragged me to Euro Disney,to be fair it was out of season cold and wet,but went on a few rides, staff were ok,going back next year in the summer with my youngest daughter (29!) but only for a week
Old 22 Feb 09, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

I have always loved DLP but then I spent a good few summers in France growing up and learned the 'culture' and how to ignore/cope with certain attitudes. No they do not do queueing but to be honest a lot of Europeans don't - the Spanish are also quite rude and very boisterous (I need to add that this is just personal experience and coming from a part Spanish family, they agree!)

Smoking is also more of a cultural thing too (every country is different) and it's a shame that rules are ignored but it will never be Florida where again the culture is very different.

I'm sorry you had a lowsy time, I always wonder what the park would have been like if it had been situated in this country...better or worse?
Old 22 Feb 09, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

It's a shame that you didn't have a better time.

We've been to DLRP a couple of times. It's okay for a quick Disney fix but I still much prefer WDW.
Old 22 Feb 09, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What a shame We have only been once and I wouldn't bother again either.
Old 22 Feb 09, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi,
We go to both WDW and DLP, DLP has nothing on WDW, but we go twice a year and once to WDW, we get the annual passes and stay of sight the kids love it, but we have never been in school hols, we would prob hate how busy it would be.
The customer service is appaling I emailed a complaint about the hotel prices as with our dream passes we get a good price, this time the hotel on its own was dearer than booking a package. I received an email back saying they were to busy to deal with this issue and gave me the website address to book on.