Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 09, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
IAN2003
Being a bit Goofy

Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience,but as you say,once youve done florida ,nothing else measures up to the magic of disney in florida
Dibb villa 2016
Rosen inn 2018
IAN2003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Its such a shame that you didn't enjoy yourself, I have always had a great time when dh and I have been, in fact I am in a monority as I prefered it to Florida.
I hate it when people dont queue properly but dh and I tend to stand side by side, then you cant get anyone through, they tend to get the message.
I do think though that due to its size its not really somewhere you would go for a whole weeks holiday, but for a few days away for me it would win every time
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Feel the same about disneyland paris. We went 7 years ago and found that it lacked the magic that florida had and the staff were rude and unfriendly to the children. I always say to people that you would be better to save for another year and go to florida. Going for our third time this october. Sorry you had a bad holiday as it is really disapointing when you have been looking forward to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 09, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi welcome back. shame you had a bad experience. I'm sure you won't have offended anyone with your comments.
Old 22 Feb 09, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I aslo prefer florida to paris. I went a couple of years ago on a travel agents trip and found the french very rude.
And queuing was like organised chaos!

Some of the girls I was with had only been to Paris and not Florida so they didnt have anything to compare it with,I had already been to florida so I really noticed a difference!
Old 22 Feb 09, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

I would have to agree with you, we first took our son to DLP when he was 2, if we had not been to Florida before then i'm afraid DLP would have put us off going.

We found the staff rude/indiffernt, prices were very high for everything, i would agree they favoured the French tourists. I was also unaware until we got there that all the shows etc were spoken in French and you had to wear ear phones to translate it, it just took all the experience away.

Donald Duck scared my son for life, everytime he went for a photo with him he just got in is car and drove off, with my 2 year old was running after him calling his name to come back, he still remebers that to this day.

The place just lacked the whole Disney feel, we found no atmosphere anywhere.
Old 22 Feb 09, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
hiya

thanks everyone - glad i am not the only one - with these views

been to florida 5 times and love it - going to california in october.

i really think it was a waste of money - just chaos and just not enjoyable.

i would not recommend it to anyone - not even for a quick disney fix - because to be honest - it felt like been in alton towers or lightwater valley.

thanks again for taking the time to read my thread.
Old 22 Feb 09, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stargazer
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hear this Donna, and surprised by how many people feel the same. Kind of confirms to me why I have never wanted to go there. Hope they start to up their game.
Old 22 Feb 09, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I much much prefer WDW to DLP as well.
We have been to DLP twice,and while its ok for a quick'Disney fix' it just does not compare.

We found the characters nowhere near as friendly as WDW too.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
AmandaB
Imagineer

Sorry, you didn't enjoy your time in DLP but we love it . With 3 kids and a disabled parent to look after full time we can't afford Florida prices every year like some people do,Also my DM is unable to fly anywhere so we can drive to DLP from Somerset. So we save hard and go to DLP when ever we can. You only get out of it what you put in. If you walk round moaning all the time and saying "Orlando does this better" then you might as well never have gone. NEVER had a rude CM and never had a problem with the smoking, in fact never seen anyone smoking in the park. Yes, the charaters are hard to get to, but it isn't impossible.

We are only off to Orlando this year after going with out lots of things for the last 3 years and arranging someone to care for the parents.

Sorry, if you feel this is wrong but it is the way I feel and I get very annoyed with all the negative comments people make. Europeans do not make lines anywhere they go and it is expensive to eat out in any european country including the UK.
2020 Cancelled, 2021 in planning
AmandaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread