Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 09, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma&shauna
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry you didnt enjoy your DLP experience, we have been 3 times and loved it apart from the last time as we went in school holidays. This ruined it for us, and i had many of the problems you experienced. I would go again though, as the other times we went out of school holidays we had a fab time.
SL DLRP Jun 04 - NY DLRP Dec 04 - Sri Lanka Tour Jun 05 - NYC Dec 05 - Celebrity Cruise Jun 06 Bangkok Nov 06 - Phuket Nov 06 - QII Florida Oct 07 - Villa in Olu Deniz Turkey Sept 08 - QII Florida Nov 09 SL DLRP Jul 10 - Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Oct 10 - Egypt Dec 10 - Lapland Dec 10 - Baron Palms Egypt May 11 - QII Florida Nov 2011
gemma&shauna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
buffalo
Imagineer

Sorry you didnt enjoy your trip. I havent been before as Florida seems to have it all for us and I'd rather save and wait for that.
March 1995-Indian Wells, Sept 1996 - Westridge, June 1997 Creekside, Nov 1998 - Westridge, Sept 2000 - Westridge, April 2001 - Westridge, Sept 2005- Westridge, Oct 2008-Tuscan Hills, Aug 2009-Legacy Park, July 2010- Legacy Park, July 2011-Calabria, July 2012-High Grove, July 2013-Solana, August 2014-High Grove/Anna Maria , Sept/Oct 2015 OKW/Anna Maria/High Grove
buffalo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Hi
Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip. have done DLP many times and Florida as well, and while Florida has a bit more sparkle I still love DLP. Rarely get a rude cast member, the main problems are rude guests I find, but by being firm and not letting people push past etc we tend to get by OK. Smoking I've found a bit annoying but not that bad really, and of course it's no longer allowed in the hotels except in rooms and they were upholding that at the Cheyenne when we were there in November. I do totally agree about the characters, we only bother with the ones with organised queues now or the character meals, which aren't as organised as Florida but still great fun. Personally I still find the main park magical and while the Studios may be less thrilling to look at some of the attractions there are gems, such as Animagique and cinemagiue. And apparently Disney are investing a lot of money to widen footpaths etc at the moment which won't be a bad thing!
A tip to those strugglnig to get around the main park when its busy, there is a great little cut through from Fantasyland back to the main gate which is well described in the Brits guide, even on a totally chaotic day last year it was practically deserted!
Katie
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Just read all the replies and it seems to be a common opinion bar a few. I have never been to DLP so can not comment. We very nearly booked in March 2007 to get 'a fix' but we costed 11 days in Orlando for very similar and chose that option.

My brother and his family are heading to DLP early March and this will be their first time of any kind of 'Disney Experience' so I hope it proves enjoyable for them.

The one thing that sticks out for me from a conversation I had recently with a friend and fellow Dibber when I asked him about DLP were the words 'emotional attachment' which he explained as the difference for him between DLP & WDW

He said that they had been to DLP in recent years as well as Orlando and used the above phrase to explain what he felt. He said the day he left DLP there wasn't an announce of emmotional attachment but the day he left Magic Kingdom he had to take the time to stand on Main Street Station and take a moment to 'breath in' the surroundings and wonder when or if he will be back.

Now this is from a grown man who probably doesn't show any emotion at anythig else (like me!) but does when it comes to WDW!

BTW, he booked again to go to WDW soon after saying this so no real time to wonder if he would see that castle again!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
oh no -sorry you had a bad time...
once was enough for us as well
little or no characters
rude CMs, one actually GRABBED my 4 year old and shoved him forward whilst tutting - I nearly blacked their eye!
3 of the main rides down in MK!
a complete rip-off
get yourself to Florida to repair the damage xx
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

We got back last week after 3 days, and we had a great time.

My 60 yr old mum loved it too, but she has never been to Florida so had nothing to compare it to.

It was our first time to DLP, and after reading several trippies I was expecting it to be dreadful, but it wasn't.

The queues for the characters were organised well with a roped off area when they were in a designated place, it was only the characters that turned up impromptu that got swamped.

Parades were lovely, had a great view.

Stayed in Sequioa Lodge so had characters there in the morning and so didn't queue for any in the park, apart from Ratatouille and that was an organised queue.

The most important bit for me wasn't whether *I* enjoyed it, it was whether my kids enjoyed it. They are already asking when we are going back, so I guess it was a success.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
The one thing that sticks out for me from a conversation I had recently with a friend and fellow Dibber when I asked him about DLP were the words 'emotional attachment' which he explained as the difference for him between DLP & WDW
What a great way to describe it. Kinda puts it in a nutshell. Been about 3 times to DLP and once your out the gates you can't wait to get home. Very different to leaving WDW, you even experience it leaving Downtown (which we usually do on the last day), then the first thing you generally do once you're home is plan te next years trip!
Old 23 Feb 09, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashton's
Excited about Disney

Oh no we are going to DLP on Saturday and am really nervous now as we have been to Florida several times, and are going to Florida in December, really hope this has not been a waste of money.
Old 23 Feb 09, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

As you can tell from my name - I love dlp - or did until our pre-xmas 08 trip We have been 10 or 11 times over the last 10 years and stayed in all the onsite hotels. However this trip was not the festive boost it should have been. Whether it was the weather - not the icy frosty cold it had been before, or the fact that my kids are really too old now I don't know.

We def noticed the cutbacks, pushing us into dinner reservations at buffet restaurants at exorbitant prices - not helped by the poor exchange rate, no studio parade and far less characters about.

Anyway we have decided we probably won't be going again but we've said that before.
Old 23 Feb 09, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Newbie Poster

I went to DLP for Christmas and I was not impressed I am a first timer at any Disney Place and went to go to get over a very stressful event that had happened

Points I noticed
  • Lack of magic anywhere in the park
  • Cast Members not caring and being rude
  • Abuse of the Disabled guest access passes
  • Characters going out solo so they get mobbed
  • Characters favouring french children
  • I got pushed over and crushed by a chav parent who told me I was too old to meet a character

Everywhere else I did not have a problem other than Stitch Live, it was just chaos and the CM did not stand a chance when parents complained that Stitch did not interact with their child
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread