Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 09, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SC-owls
Excited about Disney

Snobbery

Going to a bit controversial here, i get the feeling there's people on this forum who turn their nose's up at the thought of going to dlp, as though there's only one Disney. Ive read many people's replies about their thoughts on dlp and most of them are so dismissive of the place even if they've never been.Ive done both, and enjoyed them both, but for me going to Florida is not just about wdw and i think people mistake the whole Florida experience and try and compare that to dlp. Plus the last time i compared the prices £6000 approx wdw-£1500 approx dlp.Thoughts anyone ?
SC-owls is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AmandaB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SC-owls View Post
Going to a bit controversial here, i get the feeling there's people on this forum who turn their nose's up at the thought of going to dlp, as though there's only one Disney. Ive read many people's replies about their thoughts on dlp and most of them are so dismissive of the place even if they've never been.Ive done both, and enjoyed them both, but for me going to Florida is not just about wdw and i think people mistake the whole Florida experience and try and compare that to dlp. Plus the last time i compared the prices £6000 approx wdw-£1500 approx dlp.Thoughts anyone ?
Fully agree with you, I can not afford to pay Florida prices and have had to save and go without for 3 years to do this 1 and only trip, but we enjoy DLP and my kids are always wanting to go back and that too me is what is important. I have NEVER had any problems in DLP and would recommend it to anyone who want to go.

I think people get to set in their ways and if they go to Paris and all they do is compare it to Orlando then they will not enjoy there visit.
2020 Cancelled, 2021 in planning
AmandaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post

We've done DLP six times, it was great when the kids were younger. Been to WDW twice and it can't be compared to DLP. Last visit to DLP was between the two WDW visits and it made us decide that we'd never go back to DLP again. Nothing about snobbery, I just feel we've 'done' DLP. Oh, and it was full of smoking people who can't queue and push kids out of the way to get to the characters!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We've done DLP three times and it was nice enough BUT the service/atmosphere is not a patch on WDW.

We went when we lived in Essex and it was relatively cheap to get there.

Now that we are in Scotland, the price of going to DLP is almost the same as it would be for WDW. Add to that the fact that there is so much to do in Florida outside of disney PLUS the reliably hot weather and there's just NO WAY I would consider going back to Paris

Its not snobbery - Its value for money

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

I have never been to DLP and have no desire to.

Absolutely nothing to do with Snobbery. I have priced DLP a few times and I have always found for a little more we can have a 2 week holiday in Florida compared to a few days in DLP.

6 of us in a VIlla with our own pool as opposed to 2 hotel rooms wins every time for me.

Also the weather in Florida helps to swing it also.

I also love the people and the shopping in Orlando. Have never found the French as friendly as the Americans.

But it really has nothing to do with snobbery.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Actually to put another view on the Snobbery point.

My SIL goes to France very year on her holidays, she sees it as a more upmarket location and wouldnt dream of travelling with the 'Chavs' to Orlando, much too common for her liking.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We have never been to DLP and I don't think we ever will, unless it was a free trip. It just doesn't appeal to me, as gepetto says, it is Florida itself we love so much the parks are an added bonus. I know if we ever went to dlp I would constantly compare it to the Florida parks as I do whenever I visit any theme park and none of them are ever a patch on the ones in Florida.
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzer
Excited about Disney

Sorry to say I'm another dibber who wouldn't give DLP another chance. I just found the CM's at DLP no where near as freindly or into the Disney spirt of things. I also found the serving staff very rude.

Unfortunately I have quite a few friends who have tried DLP first to see what I make such a fuss about, but they all seem to come back being put off going to Florida, which I think is such a shame.
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think snobbery has anything to do with it really... it's just peoples preferences... I love Orlando...and like DLP for a few days... they are completely different and though it's hard not to compare the two if you've already been to WDW... I still think there's nothing wrong with DLP if you can get a good price... just don't go expecting WDW
Old 26 Feb 09, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think you have to try before you buy so to speak!
we tried it...and would not go again, too many things that were unacceptable about it, my parents who had not been to Florida at that time also felt short-changed.
The point I suppose is that if you had been to WDW, and leaving out the weather, prices etc etc, as it is not fair to compare these things... you SEE how it should be done.
It should make no difference to the service, the interaction , the manners, the politeness and the overall ambience, ..this is Disney...and the experience should be universal.
However imo it wasn't for us, it is cheaper to get there as it is nearer..plain and simple.
I am no snob -" you can take the East end girl out of the council estate" etc etc ...lol. I love my £9.50 Sun breaks as much as anyone.

But I have grown to expect certain standards from Disney, and for us it just didn't happen in DLP, we felt short-changed and quite honestly cheated.

BUT WE TRIED IT...but like brussels sprouts , we just didn't like it !
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread