Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 09, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We did the DLP once

Never again not even the DS or DD want to return. No value for money poor hospitality & quite frankly they were down right rude to us :angry:

It's the whole package of Florida. I'd rather go without & take our holidays in Orlando every 2-3 years.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Funky View Post
We've done DLP six times, it was great when the kids were younger. Been to WDW twice and it can't be compared to DLP. Last visit to DLP was between the two WDW visits and it made us decide that we'd never go back to DLP again. Nothing about snobbery, I just feel we've 'done' DLP. Oh, and it was full of smoking french people and germans who can't queue and push kids out of the way to get to the characters!
Same here. I used to live in orlando and been back many times so know WDW like the back of my hand. In between WDW visits (when the children were young) we went to DLP about 4 times for a 'quick fix'. It wasn't the same but the DD's loved it and was nice for a Disney fix.
We have been back twice more since When DD's were in their mid and late teens (2005 and 2007) and we found it had gone downhill a great deal! I have already harped on, in another recent DLP thread, about waiting over 15 mins just to get Minnie's autograph (when there were only originally 3 children in front of my DD's) The french children (and adults) were getting attention and my DD's were totally ignored :angry:
I have also mentioned about the french guests smoking in a covered queue area while chatting and laughing with two CM's

At the end of the day, this is not about snobbery. It's just peoples' opinions about the two parks and the way they are run.
We have also been to Disneyland California and loved it.

Granted, you will find queue jumpers in all theme parks and occasional people smoking in the non designated areas, but in general, having done WDW and DLP many times, the latter has gone downhill big time, especially regarding rudeness from CM's, smoking and organization with character greetings.
It's not therefore surprising that a good majority of people on here feel they prefer WDW. This has nothing to do with snobbery, but is just a personal preference.
Old 26 Feb 09, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

No, I'mnot a snob either but have been to DLP twice and just cannot begin to compare the two. Sure, they look more or less the same when walking down Maine Street, but that is not the be all and end all. As others have said it is the fact of being in Florida which makes WDW so much better, plus the attitudes of the CMs in Florida and the general friendliness of everybody else too.

Also, generally speaking, you spend less in Florida. The last time we were in DLP was when our children were 2 & 3 years old, so over 10 years ago. We went to a restaurant (can't remember the name of the 'area', the bit just outside the parks where there are lots of restaurants and bars) where you got a free child's meal with every adult's meal. My DH and I both had pizza, he had a beer, I had a glass of wine. £30 for that including the 'free' meals - and that was when we were getting a good exchange rate. With the euro so bad against the pound now, we could not afford to go.

Another thing, whether they do it in WDW or not I do not know, but our first trip was Spring Bank week so unpredicatable weather. We bought an ice cream from a cart on a day when it was quite cool and raining. Can't remember the price exactly, but it was say FF2. The day after, the sum had come out and was cracking the flags, the same ice-cream from the same cart was FF2.50!
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
i've been to DLP any years ago and i loved it! space mountain is better than the florida one!

i think the difference between the 2 is that dlp is v much about the theme park and orlando has other things to do!

but to be honest, each to their own! its unfair for people to be dismissive of other people opionions and some people can't afford to go to orlando every year!

this will be our last trip in a v long time! and if i needed a disney fix i would never rule out dlp!

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
We've been to Disneyland Paris and would probably go again if we thought it was worth it and got a good deal, but it does prove expensive for what you get. I'm not a snob about it, but it does have it's bad points, the smoking is one of them for me, also queue jumpers, bad manners, the French can be miserable let's be honest, and I've had personal experience of this several times. Also the weather isn't great over there either, and in the Summer if it does get really hot, they don't have the air-con that they have in Orlando which makes it harder to cope with the heat.

Good points are it has some nice hotels, we love the Hotel New York, has some different rides to WDW and the BTMRR is better than the one at WDW too, but for us the negatives of DLP make it worth saving harder to get back to Orlando, though as I said we would go again if it was the right price and we thought it was worth it. To be honest I wish my negatives didn't exist, lol, as it's much handier to get to than WDW!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't dare to express an opinion on DLP since we've never been. The reason we haven't been is that living in Scotland we can be in Florida in around the same time and for not a lot more cash, so looking at value for money, Florida wins.
Old 26 Feb 09, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I loved DLP when we stayed at the Newport Bay hotel for 4 nights in 2002. We loved the theme park and did a little site seeing too

We do much prefer WDW Florida as we feel it has a little bit more sparkle We also love the Florida lifestyle, the sunshine, the beaches, the food, the shopping and i suppose the whole package.

I know the price difference is massive but it is a much bigger holiday in my opinion

Great thread tho and i'm interested in others views too
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydiakate
Imagineer

Lydiakate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I don't mind being called a snob! We have had a great break at DLP but far better holidays in Florida. It is the whole package, not just about the parks. For us, Florida is the perfect location for a holiday with the added bonus of WDW.
Old 26 Feb 09, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I am another one who would not consider DLP. I think after being to Orlando, it would dissapoint me and im not willing to take the risk.

I just cant imagine it being anywhere as magical as Orlando!

Plus, as others say, you have the guaranteed weather in Orlando plus its cheap to eat out and shop unlike Paris!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been to dlp once and am going to florida for the third time this year. I am not a snob but dlp does not have any of the magic of wdw. I agree with other comments that the french are rude. Whilst waiting for a parade one of the staff even kicked my two year old daughter instead of just saying excuse me to get past her. I complained about her to a manager who admitted she was unpleasant which begs the question how did she get a job in disney. That really put us off and we felt the whole place lacked the disney magic.
Hope this does offend any dlp fans as we are all entitled to our opinions
Closed Thread