Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 09, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Really angry with Disney and Leger!

Hi all. Im not sure if this is the right place but I have just come back from DLP and it was a nightmare! The last 2 times were fine but please read my letter of complaint. Has anyone else mixed their passes up before and used both of them on the same day? If you have, i'd love to hear how you solved it. Oh, just to say, when it says this is our first time, i mean the rest of my family. This is not a major dig at Disney as i love it, just DLP...

I am writing to you to express my sincere disappointment with the holiday we had booked with you.

As you will see from the reference number provided, we stayed at the Davy Crockett Ranch which included a 2 day hopper ticket and ferry crossing from 18/06/2009-20/06/2009.

My first complaint is regarding the closure of the swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. When we booked the holiday we were not informed about the closure of the facilities, if we had of been informed, we would have asked for a different hotel as we were travelling with a 15 & 13 year old who were looking forward to the pool as much as the parks. I was horrified to learn that Davy Crockett ranch close those facilities every year and that all of the tour operators are aware of this. The fact that we were not informed is just not acceptable as like I said, we would have asked you for a hotel that did have pool facilities. I know for a fact that you were breaking holiday company guidelines when you failed to inform us of the closure BEFORE we had aid for the holiday.

Our second complaint is the fact that when we got to our bungalows they were absolutely disgusting. Both of the cabins had a very strong smell of urine. One of the cabins had faeces smeared all over the toilet seat and bowl and pubic hair in the bath which was a clear indication that they had not been cleaned prior to our arrival. The dishwashers had an overpowering smell of mould and were filthy inside. And worst of all, the entire place was crawling with rats. I and my mother, Mrs Christine Leedham, took a drive to the reception building to complain only to be greeted by arrogance and rudeness. We told them the situation and the fact that we are not happy and was told we could not change bungalows, which we found hard to believe unless they were fully booked. The receptionist asked us who we booked with and to our horror said “Oh, Leger. You will have to take it up with them when you return to the UK any why are you complaining, you got the holiday cheap and also, you have a voucher for a free cleaning pack!” We did not come all this way to clean our own accommodation! I was livid as although we only paid just over £100 for the holiday, getting there was certainly not cheap as we took 2 cars and buying food out there was very expensive indeed. I could not believe how rude she was and the blatentness of not wanting to help us. I asked to talk to her manager and she told us that he was not available but would come to our bungalow and bring a cleaner. He never showed up. We had wasted enough time already and decided that after 3 hours of waiting for the manager, we would start our trip to Paris city centre. On the way out of the complex we stopped again at reception and told them that the manager did not turn up nor did the cleaners. We were told that the manager was very busy but would come and see us in the morning at 8am. We left for our trip to Paris.

The next morning we were eager to get into the parks so waited until 10am for the manager, but still no show. We went to the reception again and talked to a different receptionist who was slightly apologetic and said by the time we return our cabins would have been cleaned. So we left for our day in the parks. We returned to our cabins later on that day to find that they had not been cleaned. We all decided that this had taken up so much time already and caused so much stress that we would not pursue them anymore as we were leaving the next morning. This was our first time to Disneyland Resort Paris and can truly say, we were astonished at the lack of customer service. I have been to Disneyland in California and also Disneyworld in Florida more than once and have never experienced such poor customer relations.

Our third complaint is the ‘nail in the coffin’ that ruined our entire experience. You sent us 7 1 day park hopper tickets and we collected the other 7 when we checked in to the resort. We went to the Disneyland Park on the morning of the 20/06/2009. We used our resort pass to take advantage of the ‘extra magic hours’ and upon inserting our tickets into the machine, we could not get in. We tried again and again but they would not work. A ‘cast member’ came to our aid and tried to do it for us. He told us that the tickets had been used and they were invalid. We then tried the other set of 7 tickets and the same happened again. He sent us to the ticket office to rectify the problem. I queued at the booth and explained the problem we were having and she took the tickets from me. She too told us they were invalid as they had all been used on the previous day (our first full day at the resort). I told her that we had only been here for 1 day and there are only 7 of us and there are 14 tickets. By this time, a large queue formed behind me and the children were getting impatient. The ticket attendant called for her manager to help with the problem. After approx 20 minutes, the manager turned up and swiped our cards. She told us that the first set of 7 tickets were used for entry to Walt Disney Studios at 10:30am, 19/06/2009 and the second set of tickets were used, again for entry to the Walt Disney Studios park at 13:15 19/06/2009. I could not understand the problem we were having until the manager explained to me that you should only use one ticket per day, per person and if you use the other one, it will become invalid. I had one set of tickets in my bag and the other set of tickets in my mother’s bag. We used my set of tickets to enter the park in the morning and at lunchtime we left the park to visit the on-site McDonalds. On return to the park, we had obviously used the set of tickets from my mother’s bag instead.

The manager said there was nothing we could do because the tickets were invalid even though she knew that they were both used the same day in error. At this point, we were all very annoyed and frustrated and the children were crying. The manager told us the only thing she could do was to sell us a new set of tickets for the price of €67 each. We found this an insult as that would have been another €469 on top of the money we had paid for the holiday and the travelling. We discussed it and decided that another €469 on top of what we had already spent was just too much. I returned to see the manager and pleaded with her that we had unknowingly made this error and told her that we had paid for 2 days in the park. On closer inspection of the tickets, she pointed out a very tiny pin hole on the ticket that indicates that it has been used. I very strongly feel that this ‘pin hole’ is not sufficient in informing even the best eyesight that the ticket had been used (please see exhibit ‘A’). If we were notified in English (All of the information on the tickets were in French), considering this is EuroDisney not FrenchDisney and a clearer indication i.e the corner being cut or a dye used we would have easily noticed that we were about to put the next day’s ticket into the turnstile and realised the error before it had happened. The manager of the ticket customer relations made it quite clear that she could see we had paid for 2 days tickets and knew that we had only been in the park for day 1 but still refused to help us. We explained to her that we had travelled a long distance for this holiday and again pleaded with her to help but she was very abrupt and told us thats is and there is nothing else she could do to help. She wasn’t even sympathetic nor did she apologise. Even the resort receptionist did not explain how the tickets work when we collected the second set of 7 tickets. We all found this to be totally unrealistic. We left the park very, very annoyed, frustrated and upset. This was our first trip here to Disneyland Paris and Disney being Disney, it was supposed to be a dream and magical. I turned out to be nightmare!

On our travel documents provided by yourself, I quote ‘IMPORTANT – PLEASE ONLY USE ONE PARK PASS PER DAY PER PERSON. Nowhere on the document does is state what would happen if you used both of them. The only information i can find is where it states ‘You can enter and re-enter the two Disney parks as many times as you wish on the SAME DAY – once used to enter a park the pass is NOT VALID for entry to either park on ANY OTHE DAY. It does not say anything about using both of your passes on one day. Also, shouldn’t there be a system in place that prevents this from happening? At Disney parks in the USA, you get ONE ticket that is valid for ALL of the days you are. I feel this is a total failure on your behalf as if you had stated on the document that if you do use another days ticket on the same day, your ticket will be invalid and there will be nothing you can do to obtain another ticket, we certainly would have taken extreme caution not to make any error.

We returned to the UK on an earlier ferry feeling very let down by Leger holidays and Disney. The children are still very upset as they never even got to see the Disneyland Park but only the studios.

Edited at 10:21 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 09, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I really can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run. I really hope you get something sorted soon.
Old 21 Jun 09, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by the melster View Post
I really can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run. I really hope you get something sorted soon.

Thanks for that. I'm just so fustrated that we went all that way and couldnt even get in. Our fault i know, but you'd thought they would be able to do something?!

I'll never go back again. The amount of money it has cost us in total, we could have gone to Florida for a little extra!

Old 21 Jun 09, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
harty
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hear of your poor experience. Given that they were well aware you had entered the park on one day only, I am amazed that common sense didn't win through. I hope you are sending your complaint to both DLP and Ledger. Re your park tickets, did you pay for these using a credit card? could it be possible to claim it in some way as you didn't get for the 2 days? Perhaps some one else will know?
harty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 09, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

sounds like a total nightmare,hope you can get this resolved satisfactorily. mo.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 09, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by harty View Post
Sorry to hear of your poor experience. Given that they were well aware you had entered the park on one day only, I am amazed that common sense didn't win through. I hope you are sending your complaint to both DLP and Ledger. Re your park tickets, did you pay for these using a credit card? could it be possible to claim it in some way as you didn't get for the 2 days? Perhaps some one else will know?
Hi.

No, they were included in the package we booked with Leger. But i did pay for the holiday on a credit card. What do you think?

I'm just feel let down as they were so rude to us. It was like they were just wanted us to ####
Old 21 Jun 09, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As you say, this was your mistake, however I would expect common sense to prevail in a situation like this because mistakes do happen. I just cannot imagine this happening in Orlando - I hope you get a satisfactory respose however with their track record so far I would not be holding my breath.

Such a shame that your kids were left so disappointed.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tom Morrow View Post
As you say, this was your mistake, however I would expect common sense to prevail in a situation like this because mistakes do happen. I just cannot imagine this happening in Orlando - I hope you get a satisfactory respose however with their track record so far I would not be holding my breath.

Such a shame that your kids were left so disappointed.
Thank you.

It is starting to make me see the nasty corporate side of Disney that i try really hard to ignore! Like you said, this would not happen in orlando. Do you or anyone else know if DLP is just kind of a franchise?
Old 22 Jun 09, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by twinstarzeon View Post
Do you or anyone else know if DLP is just kind of a franchise?
DLP is not owned by Disney. It is owned by a separate company, Euro Disney SCA, which pays a licence fee to Disney. Disney does own a significant share-holding though.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Euro Disney S.C.A. (Euronext: EDL) is the company that owns and operates Disneyland Resort Paris in Marne-la-Vallée, France. 39.78% of shares are held by The Walt Disney Company, 10% by the Saudi Prince Alwaleed and 50.22% by other shareholders. The stock is traded on the Euronext Paris exchange.
The standard of accommodation was exceptionally poor and you should press on this point.

Regarding the tickets you appear to be on thinner ground if, as you say, your paperwork did warn "IMPORTANT – PLEASE ONLY USE ONE PARK PASS PER DAY PER PERSON. ...You can enter and re-enter the two Disney parks as many times as you wish on the SAME DAY – once used to enter a park the pass is NOT VALID for entry to either park on ANY OTHER DAY."

Whilst it does not say anything about using both of your passes on one day, it does say that once used they can't be used on another day. The bottom line is I don't think Leger could be held responsible for your unfortunate error HOWEVER as it was clear that it was an error, it was disappointing that Disney could not exercise some degree of discretion and make a gesture of goodwill.

Sorry you had such a miserable trip.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree with Hal, the issue of the pool closure and dirty accommodation are the most important factors in your complaint to Leger. They are clearly breaking their contract with you in not providing the facilities as described in the package they sold you.

Your complaint regarding the tickets is more something that you should accept responsibility for, but point out that the attitude of the Disney manager was unacceptable in not helping you rectify the situation, especially bearing in mind it would have cost Disney nothing to issue new tickets. You had clearly only used the park for one day despite paying for two days entry and a mix up of tickets should not be enough reason for you to loose out on a day that you had paid for (whether it was part of a package or not makes no difference)

I would also state in your letter what compensation you are expecting to receive and why. e.g £££ for dirty accommodation and loss of facilities plus ££ for refund of one park day. If you don't ask, you won't get - as my DM used to say!

Good luck.