Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 09, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to here you had a bad time at DLP.
Leger should of told you about the closures when you booked. when ever we have gone we have all ways been told whats closed (sometime even whats closed in the parks) but then we all ways book though Disney.
as for davy croctet im really surprised by what you said about the customer service. we have had a coppel of complants when we have been and they have allways been sorted out super quick,but saying that we have never stayed at davy croket.
as for your tickets. im sorry to say im going to defend Disney on this. i understated that you made a honest mistake however i can see why the Disney manager would not let you in. i imagin that He/she thought that you where trying to pull a farst one on them and where a group of 14 and not a group of 7. i have worked in theam parks in the UK and i have seen people trying this. the fact that you where given 14 oneday hoppers a bit odd as disney would normaly issue 7 2 day hopper tickets. i think this may be Leger trying to save some money.

I do hope that you get some money back from Leger.

i allso hope that you give DLP another try, but book though disney themselves, as we have never had a bad experience and DLP rely is a good way of getting that Disney fix between trips to the US.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
As regards the Davy Crockett accommodation, as others have said, it is regarded as the "pits". OK you weren't to know that but a little bit of research beforehand may have pointed this out.
I think that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation; I've done loads and loads of research on this and other forums, books etc and this is the first thread I've read anything negative about the accomodation at Davy Crockett (other than the one-bed bungalows are a bit old/tired now and the cooker isn't much to behold!).
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
I think its unfair too. We have stayed at Davy Crockett several times and always found it great for families.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
VICKYTORIAPLUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. This just proves my point that Americans are so polite and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. I would never go to DLP even if i won it in a competition.

All Star Movies Sept 2003
All Star Movies Sept 2006
Luxor Las Vegas Feb 2008
All Star Movies Sept 2009
Venetian Las Vegas for Wedding/Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa for Honeymoon October 2010
Disney Port Orleans Sept 2011

Vicky the Mad Cat Lady
VICKYTORIAPLUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Sorry to here you had a bad time at DLP.
Leger should of told you about the closures when you booked. when ever we have gone we have all ways been told whats closed (sometime even whats closed in the parks) but then we all ways book though Disney.
as for davy croctet im really surprised by what you said about the customer service. we have had a coppel of complants when we have been and they have allways been sorted out super quick,but saying that we have never stayed at davy croket.
as for your tickets. im sorry to say im going to defend Disney on this. i understated that you made a honest mistake however i can see why the Disney manager would not let you in. i imagin that He/she thought that you where trying to pull a farst one on them and where a group of 14 and not a group of 7. i have worked in theam parks in the UK and i have seen people trying this. the fact that you where given 14 oneday hoppers a bit odd as disney would normaly issue 7 2 day hopper tickets. i think this may be Leger trying to save some money.

I do hope that you get some money back from Leger.

i allso hope that you give DLP another try, but book though disney themselves, as we have never had a bad experience and DLP rely is a good way of getting that Disney fix between trips to the US.
I totally respect that you will defend Disney over the tickets but there was only 7 of us, we were all there at the ticket office and its really plain to see that we entered the Studios in the morning and re-entered after lunch using the other tickets by mistake. Disney should put a clear warning on the tickets so it makes it hard to make that mistake.

The point is that the ticket office manager wasn't in the slightest sympathetic considering there were 2 crying children with us. She was a hard faced c*w!

I will never visit it again (i've been twice before anyway and tbh i was never really that impressed, it was my family's first time though) I would rather save the money we would spent on their unrealistic prices (£1.50 for 2 tomatoes from Davy Crokett Ranch) and go to florida where they know what the word 'hospitalitiy' is.
Old 22 Jun 09, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I think that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation; I've done loads and loads of research on this and other forums, books etc and this is the first thread I've read anything negative about the accomodation at Davy Crockett (other than the one-bed bungalows are a bit old/tired now and the cooker isn't much to behold!).
I did research too and found a generally mixed bag of reviews. Maybe we were just unlucky. I had a feeling when we left that it would all go pete tong.
Old 22 Jun 09, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We had a similar experience when we went in march. Not at the davy crockett but the cheyenne. We had booked our hotel through the sun offer and travelled over night so we could enjoy the whole day there. On booking in I noticed our breakfast for the next morning was for 7am, I knew we would be tired the next morning as we had travelled all night and spent the day in the park so I asked if we could have a later time only to be informed those times were for proper paying guests! We have been here 6 times in the past, last year spending over £1000 in august!
Old 22 Jun 09, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

All I can say after reading your letter is wow - I can't believe that you were treated with such poor service.

We also stayed in DLRP in June but booked through Disney for the Hotel New York and like you we found out when we arrived that the pool was closed, it was a slight disapointment but none of us are big swimmers so we just thought nothing further about it reallly.

Regardless of if you've paid £100 or £10,000 for your hols I think there are hygine standards that should be met without having to think about. I can certainly agree with you not wanting to return especially with the situation with the tickets, like they couldn't afford to bend the rules a little they could of surely just let you through a side gate and told you to just stay in the park all day with no return if they thought passing on the tickets to someone else was really an issue!

Do keep us all update on if you get a response it will be intersting to hear what it would be!

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time.

I would definitely complain about the state of the accommodation, that's just disgusting.

However, I have to agree with some others about the tickets. As you say, it was an error on your part, Disney staff have done nothing wrong on that point. Sounds like they could have been a little more sympathetic, but that still wouldn't have got you in to the parks.

People shouldn't be put off DLP after reading this thread though.
You can have a good/bad experience anywhere.

Personally, I've been to DLP 7 times (8th trip next Jan/Feb) and have had nothing but great service. Accommodation has always been excellent, staff polite, no complaints at all, always had a great time.

Same goes for the two times I've been to WDW and I'm sure people have had bad experiences there too.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 09, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Did you take photographic evidence of the state of the cabins? I know it's hard to think of when you're annoyed at the state of things, but it is a very useful back up tool - we stayed at the Luxor in Las Vegas over christmas last year and spotted blood and hair on the door frame of the bathroom, DD being at university studying Forensic Science took about 10 pictures, and we went down to reception to tell them - offered to upgrade us but weren't able to so we got money taken off our final bill.

Can see both sides of the ticket fiasco but like other have said don't understand why they gave you 14 1-days instead of 7 2-days!

I hope you get everything sorted out and it hasn't put you off of DLP!
Closed Thread