Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 09, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Queue jumpers?

Hi,

Just got back from DLP and had a great time, but has anyone else noticed the amount of queue jumpers in France? I found that people in DLP were quite rude.

X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
RUDE

and i will never go back... ever, one CM actually man-handled my 3 year old to try to push him onto a ride whilst tutting at him and shouting go go !(in french) to a 3 year old:angry:

He was lucky my DH was queuing elsewhere and also lucky that i didn't shove him one where the sun don't shine, arrogant pig! :angry:
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Its mad whenever there are things without organised queues too! its like every person for themselves. Me and my friend wanted pics with the sword in the stone and we actually started a queue and if anyone tried to push in front my friend gave them a very scary look.
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mattstk
Trainee Dibber

It is so true that place is terrible... no organisation and the DLP employees need to spend some time in the USA to brush up there customer service skills...
JANSVILLA June 2008/11
Highlands Reserve Villa 2016
mattstk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgesky
Imagineer

OMG this takes me back! I went the very first year it opened and found the french very rude. All the local children thought it was fine to queue jump and we had many a cross word! Needless to say we have not returned although I did put it down to it being newly opened at the time.

The Osborne's Do Orlando:-
Nov 09 Marriot Cypress Harbour . June 10 Vista Cay . April 11 Cypress Point. Feb 12 Vista Cay . July 12 Vista Cay/Clearwater. Nov 13 Marriott Grand Vista . Oct 15 Marriott Grand Vista/Clearwater. . May 16 Sheraton Vista . April 18 Dibb Villa. Aug 19 Universal Cabana Bay
fudgesky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BensMum
Apprentice Imagineer

We love our Disney trips and DLP was always a 'quick fix' for two or three days until we could save for a trip back to Orlando. After 4 trips to DLP we've decided that's enough - we're fed up of paying too much for poorer quality service and extremely inconsiderate and rude visitors. On the rare occasions when people do queue properly there's always someone blowing cigarette smoke in your face. :angry:
BensMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

It's a shame, this seems to get mentioned a lot when people talk about DLP. We're going this new year and dbf has never been and it is my first time back in nearly 10 years I am totally prepared for this as i am the master of moody looks and i will say my piece (but only if necessary ) but i have to say i found the Americans a very rude bunch on our trip to Florida last year so it doesn't really make a difference where you are in the world anymore

Di
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow... I am so pleased that so many people had the same problems!

Don't get me wrong, I had a fantastic time and it is a nice place but I think it is the people there that ruin it. They really need to be trained in customer service, and learn from the experts! We were shocked by the queue jumpers, especially when they were men in their 60's who should have known better!

We found that 3 days was enough time there as you get "Disney'd out" quickly there because there is no where else to go other than the parks. It was also extremely expensive to eat and drink, we had a one course meal and a alcoholic drink each in the Rainforest and it came to almost £70!

It was a nice pre-Florida trip but I think where I have been spoilt with the whole Florida experience it just didn't stand up to the same quality.
Old 6 Jul 09, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Queueing is just not part of French culture at all. At the Eurostar terminal I've seen French people walk to the front of very long queues, and no amount of bristling or complaining will budge them. They just see it as a peculiar custom which some countries do.

That said, I've only ever been to DLP during the week and during school terms, and so have never noticed a problem with either queue-jumping or smoking.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
It's going to be a riot in November as the Lakeside Lushes are going to DLP.
My family are also going and I pity the person who queue jumps in front of the 3 witches (me and my 2 sisters) or any of the Lushes!

Watch out queue jumpers, you've had your time!