Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 09, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
simon06
slightly serious Dibber

I have been to dlp once in 1999, queue jumping and smoking was bad. But the queue jumping at port aventura was worse, the spanish kids didnt even take any notice of the locals telling them it was wrong.
simon06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

This is obviously a cultural issue. When I go to WDW or DLP i dont like it when people queue jump or people smoking but these things outside of this country and as far as im concerned it doesn't ruin my holiday and I just get on with it. Being part of a different culture where people act differently is all part of the holiday experience!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 09, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
This is obviously a cultural issue. When I go to WDW or DLP i dont like it when people queue jump or people smoking but these things outside of this country and as far as im concerned it doesn't ruin my holiday and I just get on with it. Being part of a different culture where people act differently is all part of the holiday experience!
Welcome and well said!

Di
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

The worst we found was the dumbo ride. They opened the gates to let people onto the ride before everyone had exited and people started coming in through the exit and getting on. The CMs did say something but they were just ignored, and this meant people who had queued were walking around trying to find an empty seat to get on that didnt exists anymore.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Oh and the smoking is just so so wrong. Heat, smoking and queues just dont go.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mattstk View Post
It is so true that place is terrible... no organisation and the DLP employees need to spend some time in the USA to brush up there customer service skills...
Couldn't have put it better myself... Disney is better left to the Americans... they know how the "Disney magic" works!
Old 7 Jul 09, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by riverdancefan View Post
one CM actually man-handled my 3 year old to try to push him onto a ride whilst tutting at him and shouting go go !(in french) to a 3 year old:angry:
I would've got his name and complained at the City Hall! :angry:
Old 7 Jul 09, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Maybe it's because we're two big blokes, but we've never had trouble with queue jumpers at DLP.

The only thing that annoyed me was if you wanted to see/get a photo with a character, you'd get the inevitible swarm of OFK's (Orrible French Kids) swarming around them waving their autograph books (a terrible invention, those books!).
Old 7 Jul 09, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
It's a shame, this seems to get mentioned a lot when people talk about DLP. We're going this new year and dbf has never been and it is my first time back in nearly 10 years I am totally prepared for this as i am the master of moody looks and i will say my piece (but only if necessary ) but i have to say i found the Americans a very rude bunch on our trip to Florida last year so it doesn't really make a difference where you are in the world anymore

Di
dont worry i went for the 15th anniversary at christmas and was great didnt see any queue jumpers and no rude cm's it was very nice apart from the rain lol
Old 7 Jul 09, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TR_Wolf View Post
Maybe it's because we're two big blokes, but we've never had trouble with queue jumpers at DLP.

The only thing that annoyed me was if you wanted to see/get a photo with a character, you'd get the inevitible swarm of OFK's (Orrible French Kids) swarming around them waving their autograph books (a terrible invention, those books!).
That's our experience too.

The first time we took our children to DLP, we couldn't get to the characters at all, so gave up in the end.

Tbh, this doesn't spoil our enjoyment really, as my children all love the actual rides at Disney more than the Disney experience.

I don't think queue jumping is restricted to France either, it happens here too.
We took our children to a fun day last weekend, and we saw people trying to queue jump quite often.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread