Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 09, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post

ive been to DLP a few times and i gotta say i agree with you 100%! not only that but i walked past quite a few people not smoking cigerettes if you know what i mean! right outside the front of the disneyland park. i had SUCH bad service the last time i went that i doubt i'll go back again (though i do say that most years, and end up going back for a few days)
wish they'd buck their ideas up!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
motty1969
Imagineer

motty1969's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been over last week,and I agree with you on the smoking point. We tried to keep away from people smoking but it's hard some times. BUT, it didn't spoil our holiday! there's no way it woudputme off going ,yes the French are very rude, but so can we be. We had a bit of trouble with a very rude Irish woman, we were taking my daughters photo with Ariel , and she pushed her way in and was very very rude. Rudeness doesn't just belong to the French! We stayed at Santa Fe and we had a fntastic time. Sorry to hear you never. But please don't tell people not to go and "waste their money", that's just stupid I'm afraid. Thousands of people have brilliant times there!
motty1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Im sorry you didn't enjoy yourself .But i think what you should try to remember is just because we do things a certain way in this country doesn't mean everybody does.
My family is Italian and I have spent a lot of time out there and as a non smoker they drive me mad they live to smoke,and they never queue for anything, but I'm afraid all you can do is get on with it,the reason dlp probably don't enforce the smoking ban is that if they couldn't smoke all day the french Spanish Italians and many others probably wouldn't bother going to the parks.
Im pretty sure that us English do things that annoy other Europeans that what makes us all different and you know the old saying if you cant beat them join them so next time just push back in front of them and don't worry about being polite.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have been to DLP many times and have never encountered a major problem with the smoking situation. As for the pushing and shoving, we have had more arguments in Florida than in DLP.

Granted the rest of Europe do have a different outlook on smoking in comparison to the States, but it would be a shame never to visit any part of Europe for this reason.

Sorry you had a disapointing trip, I can't wait to go back.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Re the smoking thing... no its not pleasant.. i dont smoke and nor do i like the smell of it, but walk down any street in the UK and there will be dog ends on the floor and people smoking,jsut the same as if you walk past any pub/restuarant there is always a huddle of people breathing there smoke over you.

Queuing has always been a problem at DLP.. specially where the characters are.. (though i find not so bad in the studios park, seems more organised in there), last trip we went on i just did the same as everyone else and pushed through.. not right but if Disney cants organise it any better, then you have to do as everyone else does.

Re the parade scenrio well that has happened to us several times in WDW as well as DLP.. now i am sorry but if my kids can sit for 45mins to get a front row view, then i wont let anyone push infront of us.. and i have absolutely no problem in telling the offending kids/parents to move back.

Believe me pushing in and queue jumping is jsut as rife in Orlando as it is in DLP.

Sure DLP has its faults (as does WDW) but it has a lot of good points too... for every person that doesnt enjoy their trip there are probably 2000 that do.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post

Re the parade scenrio well that has happened to us several times in WDW as well as DLP.. now i am sorry but if my kids can sit for 45mins to get a front row view, then i wont let anyone push infront of us.. and i have absolutely no problem in telling the offending kids/parents to move back.
you are a girl after my own heart and I am exactly the same
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

I loved the Newport Bay hotel but really did not like DLP at all. I didn't like the smoking, the pushing in, or those sellers that congregated outside the gates between the two parks. The Disney village was not what I expected either. I wouldn't go back for free.
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Smoking can be a problem but I'd never let it put me off, I've only once walked through a cloud of smoke. I can't stand smoking and I do wish it was policed better than it is but I didn't feel my health was at serious risk at all.
Pushing is bad, a lot worse than in Florida- but just push back! Its fighting fire with fire but its the only way some people will learn, some woman kept trying to shove her camera in my face at the Stars n Cars parade so I kept 'scratching my head'- she's nearly got elbowed in the face 3 times and must have loads of pics of myelbow! But I had a great view
The sellers between the parks Disney can't help, that little stretch where you find them between the village and the parks belongs to the train companies, not Disney- hence they have no right to move them on!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I loved the Newport Bay hotel but really did not like DLP at all. I didn't like the smoking, the pushing in, or those sellers that congregated outside the gates between the two parks. The Disney village was not what I expected either. I wouldn't go back for free.
I just ignore the sellers... no different to the ones along Blackpool seafront.. its all cheap tat and if they persist in getting in my way.. i tell them where to put their tat lol !

I believe the bit of land they sell on though belongs to the Train companies so there isnt much Disney can do about them unfortunatly.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I just ignore the sellers... no different to the ones along Blackpool seafront.. its all cheap tat and if they persist in getting in my way.. i tell them where to put their tat lol !

I believe the bit of land they sell on though belongs to the Train companies so there isnt much Disney can do about them unfortunatly.
It was just that I hadn't heard this mentioned before and I didn't like it, we were constantly approached in the day and asked if we wanted our pictures taking and then stepping over junk in the evening.

To be honest it just added to our overall dislike of DLP.
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread