Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 09, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I am not a smoker and am vehemently anti smoking.

Edited at 02:00 PM. Reason: edit
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Never been to DLP, and after your post, don't think I'd want to.

Can't stand smoking, and if I arrived to find my accomodation stank of smoke, I would want to turn around and go home!

I am quite good at 'biting my tongue' in certain situations, but if someone is smoking near my children I can't help but show my disgust!

I am so glad there are designated smoking areas in WDW, it makes such a difference.

Sorry you had a bad holiday.

Nicola
Old 15 Oct 09, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
To be honest looking at some of the replies the only people who disagree with me I would imagine are smokers... And if they like being around smokers thats fine but to me a holiday for kids (big and small) should not be under clouds of Carcinogenic smoke.

For our family now we will save longer and go to florida and have a better holiday
For your information i dont smoke and never have done.. nor do any of my friends and family ! I dont like smoking but others do plain and simple.

So do you not take your daughter out down the local high street then.. because smokers are everywhere.. and that includes the USA.

To say to others not to go to DLP becuase you had a bad time is imo childish !

If the room i was allocated was that bad then i wouldnt have stayed in it.. i would have asked to be moved even if it meant moving hotels.

I think people should form their opinions .. Its not the same as Florida and nor can you be expect it, but that doesnt make it anyless enjoyable.

You only have to read other peoples trip reports JamelUK is one that springs to mind to see what a fantastic time some people have.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dizzymum View Post
Never been to DLP, and after your post, don't think I'd want to.

Can't stand smoking, and if I arrived to find my accomodation stank of smoke, I would want to turn around and go home!

I am quite good at 'biting my tongue' in certain situations, but if someone is smoking near my children I can't help but show my disgust!

I am so glad there are designated smoking areas in WDW, it makes such a difference.

Sorry you had a bad holiday.

Nicola
How can you know you wont enjoy DLP just becuase 1 person hasnt ?

I am equally sure some people dont enjoy WDW but i doubt it would stop you visiting?

As i said in my other post.. read some of the trip reports on here people have a fantastic time.. JamelUK is the one that sticks in my mind.. his BIL didnt want to go.. went ..loved it.. and is talking about going back again.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tanyabanya
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by motty1969 View Post
We've been over last week,and I agree with you on the smoking point. We tried to keep away from people smoking but it's hard some times. BUT, it didn't spoil our holiday! there's no way it woudputme off going ,yes the French are very rude, but so can we be. We had a bit of trouble with a very rude Irish woman, we were taking my daughters photo with Ariel , and she pushed her way in and was very very rude. Rudeness doesn't just belong to the French! We stayed at Santa Fe and we had a fntastic time. Sorry to hear you never. But please don't tell people not to go and "waste their money", that's just stupid I'm afraid. Thousands of people have brilliant times there!
i agree totally with you. i love DLP and florida, i've done dlp 9 or 10 times and wdw 4 times (so far) we love the cheyenne. people need to stop expecting the place and the people to be exactly like america, because... it isn't. DLP is magic in it's own way.

but in HATE smoking and would ban it outright if i could
Caribbean Beach WDW 2015, California 2019
tanyabanya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm a firm believer that everyone should try things for themselves and make up their own minds!
I've been to DLP once in 2005 and my experience was less than positive! I loved the hotel, enjoyed the parks and thought the rides were much better than the originals in WDW, but i HATED the rude guests and queue jumpers! My young DD and her friend were pushed and kicked out of the way by adults every time they tried to get near the characters and i was punched in the chest by a boy of about 11 because i dared to be standing in between him and Mickey Mouse! For a while it did put me off going again, but now DD is a teenager and no longer interested in the characters i'd like to take her back as i know it would be a totally different experience!
I'm going with the Lakeside Lushes next month and can't wait! I'm prepared this time and if anyone tries to push in front of us or shove us out of the way they're in for a shock! I won't be putting up with any crap and plan to have a damn good time so i won't let the rudeness of others spoil it for me!
3 weeks and counting - i can't wait!

Edited at 05:28 PM.
Old 15 Oct 09, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tanyabanya
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
To be honest looking at some of the replies the only people who disagree with me I would imagine are smokers... And if they like being around smokers thats fine but to me a holiday for kids (big and small) should not be under clouds of Carcinogenic smoke.

For our family now we will save longer and go to florida and have a better holiday

i am an AVID ANTI SMOKER with 2 young kids and i love disney paris, stop stomping on it just cos you had a rubbish time... i love the fact that wdw is very anti smoking and am really looking forward to getting back there next october... but france isn't america... that's life.
tanyabanya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tanyabanya
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
For your information i dont smoke and never have done.. nor do any of my friends and family ! I dont like smoking but others do plain and simple.

So do you not take your daughter out down the local high street then.. because smokers are everywhere.. and that includes the USA.

To say to others not to go to DLP becuase you had a bad time is imo childish !

If the room i was allocated was that bad then i wouldnt have stayed in it.. i would have asked to be moved even if it meant moving hotels.

I think people should form their opinions .. Its not the same as Florida and nor can you be expect it, but that doesnt make it anyless enjoyable.

You only have to read other peoples trip reports JamelUK is one that springs to mind to see what a fantastic time some people have.
totally agree daytonababe has no one visted a british theme park? they are full of smokers! (aside from legoland)
Old 15 Oct 09, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post

We're another non-smoking family who love DLRP. I think one of the saddest things would be for someone to never visit the place just on one or two people having a bad experience. We have more trouble walking through the entrance of our local Costa Coffee to grab a drink than we ever have at DLRP.
Old 15 Oct 09, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by tanyabanya View Post
i am an AVID ANTI SMOKER with 2 young kids and i love disney paris, stop stomping on it just cos you had a rubbish time... i love the fact that wdw is very anti smoking and am really looking forward to getting back there next october... but france isn't america... that's life.

Well said.. tbh i think sometimes people focus that much on the few negatives it stops them having a good time.

Crickey even in Florida.. shock horror people have bad experiances.. someone posted the other day how MKingdom was so busy that they only got on 4 or 5 rides.. not stopping them going back though.

1st time i went to DLP my dd was 1 , i quickly learnt after trying to board a bus that people werent going to give way for a buggy...so i quickly adopted the if you cant beat em join em approach, its amazing how a pushchair wheels in the back of the legs makes people think twice about pushing and shoving lol
Closed Thread