Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 09, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Cool Bored of the bashing...

Ooooh brilliant.

Another thread where someone uses any excuse they can find to have a bash at DLP.

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
How can you know you wont enjoy DLP just because 1 person hasnt ?
Because they read all the other ani-DLP garbage that gets posted here and forget that as human beings they have the opportunity to go themselves and form their own opinions... :angry:

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
As i said in my other post.. read some of the trip reports on here people have a fantastic time.. JamelUK is the one that sticks in my mind.. his BIL didnt want to go.. went ..loved it.. and is talking about going back again.
Thanks for the name check.

Right - I will say this for one final time, coz these type of threads bore the Pete Docherty out of me...

DLP is NOT Orlando.
It never tries to be.
It doesnt want to be.
It cant ever be.

It is our own little European version of Disney,
caters for a different market within a given space,
within a limited budget (now much improving since we got rid of Eisner),
and with almost as French government restrictions as Disney Hong Kong gets from the Chinese!

What it does, it does well.

Disney does its best to police the smoking issue,
but you should remember that the French have not yet adopted the same anti-smoking attitude we have here in the UK.

Sure, just like everything else, if you go looking for it, you will find it. But I can honestly say that in more recent years it hasnt been an issue for us.

My final point...

See that big blue slogan up the top?

It reads "The Dibb - DISNEY with a British Accent"

I often wonder if some dibbers read that as "ORLANDO with a British Accent"

Nuff said. Im done.
Old 15 Oct 09, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by tanyabanya View Post
totally agree daytonababe has no one visted a british theme park? they are full of smokers! (aside from legoland)
The "chewing gum" issue at Alton Towers, and worse still Thorpe Park is a regular conversation thread amongst various other fan and coaster forums.

As I said above - go looking, and you will find.

Alternatively...

Fill your mind with a positive "lets have fun shall we?" attitude,
and (shock horror) you will have a good time!
Old 15 Oct 09, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
Ooooh brilliant.

Another thread where someone uses any excuse they can find to have a bash at DLP.

Because they read all the other ani-DLP garbage that gets posted here and forget that as human beings they have the opportunity to go themselves and form their own opinions... :angry:

Right - I will say this for one final time, coz these type of threads bore the Pete Docherty out of me...

DLP is NOT Orlando.
It never tries to be.
It doesnt want to be.
It cant ever be.

and with almost as French government restrictions as Disney Hong Kong gets from the Chinese!

but you should remember that the French have not yet adopted the same anti-smoking attitude we have here in the UK.

Sure, just like everything else, if you go looking for it, you will find it. But I can honestly say that in more recent years it hasnt been an issue for us.

My final point...

Nuff said. Im done.
Top post
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
Ooooh brilliant.

DLP is NOT Orlando.
It never tries to be.
It doesnt want to be.
It cant ever be.

My final point...

Nuff said. Im done.
the key words here are "Another thread"

these threads about the smoking and Q jumping / pushing at character points are allways on here

that says something to me, it must happen fairly often

my family were discussing a weekend away in nov, the idea was the coast some where, i thought, i would "test the water" and see what my DW and 6yr old DD thought about the idea of DLP

my DD said " that some1 in her class went and said that they smoke in the Q's " or words to that effect, she didnt want to go as she doesnt like smoking

my DW said that she didnt want to go because of the smoking either

i guess all these posters and people you speak to cannot be wrong
Old 15 Oct 09, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I'm a non-smoker, hate smoking, asthmatic, sometimes dream about shooting all smokers on sight ...

Maybe it's because we don't have kids that it didn't bother me as much. Or maybe it's because I haven't been to WDW yet and therefore don't have that expectation. Or that I've holidayed in Europe a lot, and don't expect it to be like the US.

Yes, it was unpleasant breathing other people's smoke. It was annoying that CMs didn't try and enforce the policy. (And I say again - it was Brits smoking just as much as anyone else.)

But it wasn't unpleasant enough to cancel out ...

... the rush of sheer childlike fun as we entered Cheyenne and heard Western music playing ...

... the joy seeing the faces of the kids next to me at Cafe Mickey ...

... the ease of walking home in 10 minutes from the park ...

... the delight at noticing all the well-crafted details ...

... etc etc etc.

There are downsides to every holiday. I'm sure there will be things about WDW I find difficult or unenjoyable. But will I let it spoil my fun? No way.

If I'm going to avoid everywhere people smoke, I will never go down my local high street, never go shopping, never catch a bus, never wait for a train, never walk past a cafe or pub with outside seating. Smokers are seemingly everywhere, much more so since the smoking ban. I bet there are plenty in the UK theme parks too. Much as I'd like to stop them all, I just have to do my best to move out of the way.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Ok and how many posts are there about queue jumping in WDW.. Brazilian tour groups pushing in and running rampage.. Loads.. its a common occurance in all Theme parks.. I went to Legoland last year and pushing in was happening there.. did i let it spoil things NO !

I was talking to someone in Epcot this year who said they would never stay in a Disney Hotel,again due to the amount of cheerleader groups running rampage round the hotel.. one of the allstars i think.

Anyone would think Orlando is this perfect bubble where everyone plays nicely.. they dont... look around and there are inconsiderate people everywhere.. its called life !

Go with a negative attitude and you will have a rubbish time.. go with an open mind and you might just find you enjoy yourself.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

LOL - The smoking was awful wasn't it ! I live in an area where we just don't come into contact with smoke and I drive to work so any smoke nowdays is just so offensive and noticable to me. I hated walking through wafts of smoke which we could taste and did also give us sore throats !

As for the queuing lets just say we gave as good as them and had NO pushing in in queues or getting on the Disney bus! We were on first most of the time.

I have a very long pony tail and when two French student types queued VERY close to us in the Space Mountain Queue, virtually touching us ( yuck) I Flicked it very hard with my hand and they both got a mouthful of my black Samara ( The Ring) type hair ! LOL They soon moved a way back

We did have a good time though even with the lepers - I just wish they would colonise them into small spaces at the back of the park so they can poison eachother

My parents both died last year of smoking related COPD - therefore my hatred of smoke is borne not only out of disgust but anger at cigarettes. :angry:

Denise
Old 15 Oct 09, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Let me start with I am not a smoker. i am very anti it as smoking cost my Dad his sight.

In all my experiences at DLP (7 times) The smoking in the park is no worse than any uk theme park or walking past any pub these days. even on busy days in the park there are small winding footpaths that you can use that are empty and hence have no smokers all you have to do is find them. IMHO these paths are some of the prettiest in the park.

as for people pushing in and shoving at DLP. Yes it happens but it also happens in all the UK theme parks iv been too as well. Last year DW and I where in WDW for our Wedding / honeymoon we experienced people pushing in and shoving. in fact one case while watching the night parade this Brazilian chap was doing his best to push and shove my DW out the way that it nearly came to violence from us. as this happed should i instantly hate WDW and never go again or should i think " that bloke was a idiot who deserves a good beating"
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
How can you 'join in' pushing to get your 1 year old daughters picture taken...you cant unless you want to risk them getting hurt.
I can honestly say i have never seen any child injured in the park. if your child was and you told Disney I'm sure thay would full over them selfs to help.

If you are reading this thread and have never been to DLP be for you make up your mind never to go think, am i a human who can make up my own mind, or am i a sheep who follows what other people say. I personally think that the majority of people who go to DLP have a FAB time, its just a shame that the unfortunate people who have a bad time seem to make it there lives work to stop everyone else stop going.

Disney is more than just WDW or Disneyland it is a world wide phenomenon it reaches out to all people, and it dose that buy embracing the Local culture that it is in. DLP is not WDW. that is because it is Disney embracing European culture where as WDW is Disney embracing the good old USA (in a hard core style) i personally think that DLP does a great job of embracing European culture and that is one of the things i love about it.

to all the people who would never go again even if they won a holiday. If you do win a holiday please acsept the prize and then give it to me, as i would love to go for free
Old 15 Oct 09, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

as i have said in the past

i would love to give DLP a whirl

we do WDW every 18 - 24 months and its great

now my concerns are the line jumping and the scrum for characters ( no i have never in all out visits seen these legends that are the "Brazilian tour group" and we like the orderly way people Q for characters in WDW, its a civil way of doing things
the smoking really does put me off, my 6 yr old DD hates smoke, its just not pleasant if you are a non-smoker

i have just seen the advert on TV, the 175 quid per adult for 2 nights / 3 days in DLP, kids stay and play for free and book now and its free food ( i guess like DDP in WDW )
OOooooooooooohh i thought, i will do a dummer booking, the hotel is full, the cheapest was 586 for the family ( not bad i thought ) i then added eurostar and it was exactly 999.00
Old 15 Oct 09, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

it does try to be orlando though, at least where the prices are concerned...

though to be honest i do find it tries to be the same as orlando, what about the adverts suggests its different? other then being in a different country?

I go every year it would seem and each time i get more and more disappointed... cant deny i would go again though. i would say if you haven't done orlando i dont think you'd be as disappointed as those who have.

as for a child never being injured by the pushers, actually i went with a family i was nannying for and the little girl (4) was knocked over by someone pushing to see mickey they turned round and saw they'd knocked her over and looked down their nose at her as she cried!

Everytime I go I find others there saying what a lovely place it is but 'shame about the french'

if you go with the knowing its not going to be the same then you shouldn't be too disappointed, but i wouldnt waste my money again personally.
Closed Thread