Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 10, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Which Deluxe Hotel?

No idea which one to pick for our wedding/honeymoon... Ok so GF would makes sense as we want the Wedding Pavillion, but i'm not too sure, looks a bit posh for me LOL. I really do not like the Contemporary, I am staying in AKL this year so want something different, so I guess its either Poly or Wilderness Lodge? Please can you throw some suggestions/advice at me?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Well I was going to suggest The Contemporary as thats what i'm looking at, i really love the decor as i love the modern hotel rooms and am not really keen on the other Disney resort rooms, how comes you don't like it?
The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous though, i've never stayed onsite so not really any help, sorry.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Well I was going to suggest The Contemporary as thats what i'm looking at, i really love the decor as i love the modern hotel rooms and am not really keen on the other Disney resort rooms, how comes you don't like it?
The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous though, i've never stayed onsite so not really any help, sorry.
Same here - never been onsite before, will be our first time this September. Walked through the Contemporary loadsa times, and its kinda weird to describe, I sort of feel like i'm at work - it feels/looks a bit too businessy to me! Like when work send me to conference centres! Does that make sense?LOL. I do however fancy the look of the Bay Lake Tower but never been inside so don't know if it would have the same feel as the Contemporary? Plus i'm not a DVC member so guessing it wouldn't be an option anyway unless I rent DVC points? Wilderness Lodge does look amazing
Old 19 Feb 10, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I've only passsed through the Contemporary on the monerail, the Bay lake towers look nice and yes you could rent DVC points
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunny Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Just checked 7:45am on Monday 22nd on Wedding TV sky 266 there,s a program called Focus on Florida.This should be of some interest to you? it shows different venues to get married.
Sunny Florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
I would choose the Polynesian - i love the themeing and decor - although i love the look of the GF , i think i would be afraid to touch anything!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 10, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

I have been to both Poly and WL but not stayed at either - only spent one night at AKL as far as deluxe goes, lol!

WL is beautiful but possibly too similar to AKL in design of the main house etc (not all the details, but the idea of a big lodge house where you check in etc.). I think Poly would probably be more of a change. The best part about both is being on the MK monorail loop, and you also have the option of taking the boatacross, which makes a lovely change.

Oh, and if you like Dole Whip, you can get the ones you fill yourself at Captain Cook's in the Poly, lol!
Old 19 Feb 10, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I think it all depends on individual taste, were staying at the Yacht Club, as thats where we are getting married, and I have read the hotel is really quiet and we love the location and then after our disney cruise a couple of nights at the villas at wilderness lodge (we have rented dvc points - much cheaper! ). We wanted to stay there as we are having our wedding during the Christmas season, and they have a huge christmas tree in the lobby for the christmas season.
Old 19 Feb 10, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Following on from the previous post - we would actually most like to stay at the Boardwalk if we can afford Deluxe again - would love to be close to Jellyrolls, lol! Plus we loved the theming that we saw when we were there for the wedding.
Old 19 Feb 10, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would still recommend the GF... it would be perfect!
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread