Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 May 11, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks for the tips - just purchased a European electrical adaptor for our hook up from our local camping shop. Paid our deposit a couple of days ago and surprised to find that Sophie says we pay the remainder at the end of our stay - not that important but all sites we've come across tend to make you pay all fees up front. So far so good this seems a lot more sensible. From the pictures I've seen the pitches look a good size and each pitch has it's own water supply which will be convenient.

At the moment we are considering doing annual passes as we'd like to do 4 days at Disney so we don't need to rush things. If this is the case we should be better doing annual passes so we get free parking and the chance for more revisits at no additional cost.

All I need now is a French map update for our Tom Tom and we should be reasonably good to go. Any advice on the quickest way to sort out the annual passes would be helpful.

Thanks for the tips so far - extremely helpful.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 01:44 AM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 11, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

This is brilliant, thanks.
We are hoping to go next year and will be taking out caravan, this helps lots.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 12, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

When i was little we used to take our caravan to camp davy crockett. Its a shame they got rid of the caravan spaces there!
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 12, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Great thread, would love to brave taking the caravan over in the summer.

Thanks OP.
Old 20 Mar 12, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

We have stayed on site with a Motorhome on 4 different occasions now.

The area you get assigned has a coach drivers facility right next to it. Whilst officially you are not supposed to use it, everyone does and I have never seen or heard of an issue with doing so. It is right next to the motorhomes and has toilets and shower facilities. No need to walk down to the area mentioned in the first post.

If you get an annual pass, then parking and overnight stays are free of charge which is a bonus.

As already mentioned, there is no electrical hook up, but are water and waste facilities. The area of car park is pretty huge and if you want to use a generator to top up (it is not frowned upon too much provided it is not at times when people want to be sleeping) you can quite easily get out of the way of others.

The community spirit is great and the kids all carry on playing with each other making it great for them as well.

If you are planning to do this, going on one of the motorhome forums (e.g. motorhomefun) is worthwhile to see who else is going to be there as you will get a welcome and some friendly advice and help.

We have done various ways of getting there and you can stay either side of the channel for free as well. In Dover, you can park on East Parade and in Calais you can park at the Val D'Europe shopping centre.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 12, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thumbs up

After such a successful trip to DLP recently I just wanted to add to this thread. Originally we got the idea to do camping and Disney thanks to this thread and we've had two really successful trips so wanted to share some of our experience. Last year we stopped at Le Etangs Fleuris which is a nice typical French campsite and holiday home location 40 minutes drive from the Disney gates. It's a nice but busy site over the summer months but this year we decided to try out a different site: caravaning-4vents/ which is only 25 minutes drive away and must admit one of the best campsites I've ever stayed at anywhere.

Now thankfully we have our trusty Tom Tom with French map. I'm used to rural roads both in the UK and France but it did take a leap of faith to go down the farm type road off the main road in to the French woods being not 100% sure if we were going the right way. Anyway after crossing a railway line and going down a single track road which is typical of the French countryside we came upon our home for the week.

This site is absolutely 100% French and one of the most beautifully layed out sites I've ever seen. Basically it was originally a vineyard that's been tastefully converted in to a holiday site.

The interesting thing was that when we drove up to check in we had another 3 GB plated cars in front doing the same thing (obviously very popular with the Brits then).

The reception area is really nice - they don't have an onsite shop but do have a local bakers van which sells local produce from sun up. I became totally hooked on French sticks and croissants ever day of our stay.

The pitches are enormous - we have a six berth Khyam which is not small and I could have easily put two on the pitch and still had room for the car and a big play area for the kids. We had a pitch directly near to the reception and after sorting out our tent for the week we heard what sounded like a local French musical band starting up. Every Saturday during the summer they have a site BBQ and drinks next to reception together with a group of local musicians and singers doing traditional French folk type music. You really couldn't get any more French if you tried. A great way to start our stay.

We've stopped on loads of campsites over the years but this place had a great mix of Brits, French and europeans and was what I'd describes as the most relaxed and chilled site I've ever come across - everything camping should be about. I think this was mainly due to everyone having loads of space, the general attractiveness of the site and the infectious friendliness of both the site owners and the visitors.

Getting down to the basics - the amenities blocks are modern clean, well kept and the showers were hot and very powerful:

Sorry not the best pick but taking pictures of toilets isn't what I'd normally do

They have a really nice pool and the kids play areas are modern and well kept:

For those not wanting to camp they also have some nice holiday homes that sleep up to six people.

Unlike other sites we've been to, again these holiday homes had lots of space so you would never feel cramped in. This place would easily equal the davy crockett ranch holiday homes at a fraction of the price.

All in all this is a great place for a DLP holiday - a fantastic place to relax and get a bit of real French culture but within less than 25 minutes drive of DLP.

We have friends who have a real issue with camping but I'm sure if they were to visit this site they'd soon change their minds. Great for families and for people who don't have kids as the site is so spread out everyone had enough room to not get annoyed or rattled by anyone else.

My only regret: we only went for the week - next time I'm going to do two weeks instead of one and space out our Disney park days with relaxing either next to the pool or around the site making use of the sports facilities - forgot to mention they also have badmington, table tennis and French boules that you can have a go at.

They also do pony treks on a regular basis but we were in the parks for the majority of our stay.

They have onsite security and the site is gated which are locked at 1am each morning. Even though we did stop out very late at DLP a number of nights when we didn't we never felt disturbed by anyone else coming back late. The size and layout of this park make it ideal to make it easy for people not to disturb others.

Excellent value for money and would highly recommend this to anyone considering combining DLP and camping. It gives you a unique holiday which is both full on Disney fun and very relaxing at the same time. Any questions happy to help where I can.

I don't think their website (caravaning-4vents/) does this place justice but if you do want to give it a go I'd suggest booking as far ahead as possible as the place is very very popular but unlike other sites even when its full everyone still has space to unwind properly and relax.

Just remembered all pitches have their own water supply and the electric hook up is the standard UK connection so you don't even need a European converter.

Will definitely be going back here as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Really miss the place.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 08:38 PM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 12, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just to show how easy it can be and how close caravaning-4vents/ is to the gates of DLP check out the directions below:

It's a dead easy drive and stress free at the end of a busy day in the parks. I could be wrong but this must be one of the closest places to DLP you will get if you wish to camp. I would however say it is really only for people with their own transport - you can get a bus but probably only one every few hours and no direct route to DLP.
Old 17 Aug 12, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Im just wondering if any of these sites provide transport to the parks.We would most likely hire a car but it might be nice to to relax and get dropped of and collected after a long day. I would particularly be interested in sites which you can rent tents or cabins we would be flying so not bring our own things.
Old 17 Aug 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by cinderslg View Post
Hi Im just wondering if any of these sites provide transport to the parks.We would most likely hire a car but it might be nice to to relax and get dropped of and collected after a long day. I would particularly be interested in sites which you can rent tents or cabins we would be flying so not bring our own things.
You'll find you can stay in holiday homes at most of the campsites around the DLP area but I'm not aware of any sites doing transport to and from DLP. A lot of people stay specifically to do Disney but they really don't have the volume of guests to make such transport profitable. The whole point of camping isn't about cost reduction its about independence so you'll always find the majority of people have their own transport and equipment ranging from caravans to campervans to very large tents (like us).

It's important not to confuse camping with doing Disney on the cheap because often it isn't - we have equipment that costs thousands and we travel in our own transport because we want to use our own tent and equipment - the driving and full diy independence is all part of the experience.

Personally if you want to fly and you add in the cost of a cabin and a hire car then you would probably find its the same price to stay onsite once you've totalled up the cost.

Both caravaning-4vents and Les Etangs Fleuris have some lovely holiday cabins but you will need to have your own transport to make the most of these locations. It would be unrealistic to try and get back from the parks late at night otherwise. The only way I could think of doing this would be by taxi which I'm sure would cost you far too much.

The real thing about combining camping and DLP is the convenience of being able to get away from it all and relax in the French countryside as well as enjoying the fun and bustle of Disney. If you were to see the single track road that you need to go down to get to either Les Etangs Fleuris or Caravaning-4vents I'd be amazed if a bus could actually get down these roads.

That said I would strongly recommend giving it a go but you need to plan. If you've not camped before - maybe try it out first here in the UK before going to France.

We've been camping here in the UK for at least ten years before we ventured abroad with our full kit.

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Old 18 Aug 12, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanksfor your info, we are campers/ caravanners ourselves who love disney. Combining the 2 makes for the perfect holiday.
We live in N Ireland so really not practical or cost effective for us to drive with van or tent.
We will be hiring a car and looking a staying for 10 nights give us time to enjoy camping as well a disney, thinking 3 or 4 day ticket.
Basically a site as close as possible with amenities on hand for day to day living is what we're after. Im sure with plenty of research and help for all the nice people n here we will find what we need
Closed Thread