Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Aug 10, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
:) The Parisian Street... and Ratatouille?

Yesterday, we finished our look at Toy Story Playland by taking a look at the blue Barrels.

I mentioned that while the one on the left was to be a shop, the other would be an exit tunnel.

Well what happens when you step through that tunnel? Where do you end up?

Here! On a Parisian Street!

Once outside the tunnel, you will find yourself on a cobble street that leads back alongside toy Story Playland to the other entrance near Buzz and then on to Crush's Coaster.

The street is lined with ornate benches, and young shrubs hide the Playland area so it looks like you are walking down a respectable Parisian street with a park on your right hand side.

At night this area will be lit by beautiful street lamps

The other side of the street was still completely covered over by construction fencing when the reporters from DLP.Info got their exclusive sneak peak.

The view would currently be the back of the costuming department, but it is clear that imagineering intend to dress this in some way to continue the Parisian street theme.

At the bottom of the street is a large backstage area, which extends from here to the area where the Pearl harbour plane and hangar was previously placed next to the Costume building you would see on the Tram Tours.

This entire area has been cleared for "future development". The strongest indication yet that DLP intend to build the long rumoured and apparently now green lit dark ride attraction based on Ratatoille.

It should open in 2012 as part of the resorts 20th anniverary and feature trackless ride vehicles and 3D projection technology.

Still dont believe the Ratatoille influence? Well lets take another look at that archway which forms the back of the barrel tunnel.

That's Auguste Gusteau, the "ghost" chef from the movie.

Watch this space for more news from Toy Story Playland as it opens, and check my other threads for the latest news and rumours on the Ratatouille dark ride.

Old 7 Aug 10, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
:) Cast Members get first ride on the Toy Soldier's Parachutes!

Between 6pm and 7pm on Friday 6th August 2010, Cast Members from the nearby surrounding areas and restaurants were invited to try out the Toy Soldier's Parachute Drop.

Although members of the public were NOT invited to ride, the CM's made sure that everyone knew how much fun this ride was by shouting and waving to guests who looked on from the other side of the construction fence.

Old 10 Aug 10, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
:) 1 Week To Go!

Toy Story Playland opens at Walt Disney Studios, Disneyland Paris on 17th August 2010.

DLP have confirmed that the gates to this area will open to the general public at 9:45am

Normal park hours are shown as normal opening from 10am, but EMH will be running that day from 9am.

I am unaware of any blockouts to Annual Pass Holders so I suspect there will also be a BIG collection of Dream holders there for the EMH from 9am. Im also aware of fan meets being organised by the French Central Plaza forum (over 100!), the German DLP.Info forum and I wouldn't be surprised if there were others.

If you're at the park on this day - Id be getting there as early as you can!

No further details of the Opening Ceremony and its schedule have been released yet, but it has been confirmed that CEO Philippe Gas will be there, a long with a "special guest".

Old 10 Aug 10, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks James for keeping us up to date of what is happening at the new Toy Story Land. Am so excited at being able to see it for ourselves in just over 5 weeks'. Can you tell I'm counting down the days! lol!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 10, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Happychick
Trying for More Ears

Can't wait!

Hannah LOVES Toy story - she'll be sooo excited bless her!

Thanks for pics xxx
Happychick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

It's my DD's 6th birthday that day, but I think we'll keep away from that part of the park and concentrate on the rest for the 17th!
Old 13 Aug 10, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
:) Cast Member Costumes

John Lasseter personally gave the final okay for these outfits...

Edited at 10:07 AM.
JamelUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 10, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
:) BRILLIANT footage from TF1 including RC Racer on ride!

Check this out!

Edited at 01:27 PM. Reason: Found a better version on YouTube :)
JamelUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 10, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh wow! Thanks for the link James! Looks amazing!
Old 13 Aug 10, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Oooh i cant wait! , feel really unorganised though, the only thing we've planned is to eat at the buffet restaurant in disneyland hotel, we're just going to go and discover it through 1st timers eyes, i cant wait!
Closed Thread