Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Nov 10, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree with everything everyone else has said about DLP. Especially do not compare DLP & WDW. I have been 4 times in the last 3 years, yes I have had problems but it has not stopped me going back and I would still go back. When it first opened I hated it, it has changed so much over the years, for the better I might add.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I have been and I must admit I didn't love it. However I still want to go back with my son and hubby as there were some fantastic bits that I would like them to experience such as Crushes Coaster and the brilliant Big Thunder.

I wish it was much cheaper and then I would probably like it more as I thought it wasn't really good value and I think that was what disappointed me. I went because I had promised my DD I would take her when she finished her GCSEs but if I had realised quite how much it would cost me in July I perhaps wouldn't have promised!

Does it excite me as much as WDW? No
Would I love to go back and see the xmas lights? Absolutely!
Would I prefer DLP or a British Theme Park? No contest, DLP every time!

Mybe I like it more than I think
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Its not for everyone but I for one love DLP it was my first experience of Disney and Ive been hooked ever since. Yes there are some things that annoy me, the smoking is a nightmare and even after I complained to a cast member at the Studios equivalent of Guest Relations I was told its France, want do you expect - the response I wasnt expecting but it hasnt stopped me visiting and neither have some of the rude europeans. Ive met rude people in WDW too but I just think they are the ones with the problem and gald Im not like them. Go with an open mind and dont compare the two, DLP is not trying to be WDW.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 10, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
To me they are completely different holidays. You wouldn't go to WDW for 3 nights, but then you wouldn't go to DLP for 2 weeks.

We love DLP, there is so much attention to detail, and can't wait to celebrate there next May (ds turns 18, and dh and I will have been married 20 years)

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 10, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree with everyone else - DLP is NOT WDW but it's still lovely.

I always gripe about the food there - it's pretty poor for the price. But once you know that you can plan a bit better and it's fine.

I'm not a big fan of the Studios (apart from RnR coaster which is my favourite) but I think the main park is absolutely lovely. It's a manageable size and I've never had a problem with rude CMs (I do try my rusty French!). The only issue is people pushing in occasionally and that happens everywhere unfortunately!

No it's not WDW but compared to somewhere like Alton Towers - it's head and shoulders above most other parks!

Asterix World is meant to be very good - never been there though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 10, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

After returning from my first time to anything Disney, I must confess that overall i really enjoyed it, there where a few things which i was not too impressed with but I will definitely be going back again. Once my trip report is completed you are more than welcome to read it and ask any questions.
Old 6 Nov 10, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
People have already said most things - would we keep spending our money to go back if it was awful (and yes, most of us have been to WDW so can compare the two). Just remember IT'S NOT WDW! Actually some things are better at DLP:

The Castle (Sleeping Beauty's instead of Cinderella's) - has 3 levels to visit, with a dragon, Xmas shop, Sleeping Beauty tableau.

BTMR - is on an island, so you go under water to reach it.

Pirates - no Capt Jack, but 2 drops instead of 1.

Crushes Coaster not at WDW

Cinemagique - very clever show.

Lots to see inc old favourites and new things. 3 - 4 days fun.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 10, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by HelenaB View Post
Asterix World is meant to be very good - never been there though.
Parc Asterix - a few junctions down the A Route - you pass it on your way into DLP.

Its okay - it has a cracking wooden coaster called Tonnerre de Zeus, literally "The Thunder of Zeus" which is world class.

Also some other reasonable stuff.

If you're into theme parks, and have the time its worth a visit, but its quite pricey and there isnt much else there - not anywhere near a Disney park.

Its NOT open all year round. Tickets at €39/Adult, €29/Child

Their website here...
parcasterix

Old 6 Nov 10, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

We have just returned from our 8th trip at DLP and just like everybody else states it's not WDW but we love it to get us through the next couple of years until we can afford to go to florida again, it gives us our Disney Fix

The food is expensive and generally not great but thats not why we go there its for that little bit of magic ...
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 10, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

As others have said DLP is designed for a totally different market - the European who wants a long weekend or a few days away - not like the 21 days at WDW. I often think some of the complaints are borne out of language barriers and the British attitude of shouting louder when a foreigner doesn't understand you. I love DLP, I love the fact that IS different to the American Disney parks. It's beautifully designed and its architecture is superb. The Disneyland hotel is also worth a visit - it's a frothy pink Edwardian feature and has an amazing view down Main Street from its rear windows. The Walt Disney Studios has seen some great additions of late - Tower of Terror, Toy Story Playland etc.
Ok, so the French aren't so great at queuing, the Germans have no sense of humour but are you really going to let that spoil a day at Disney? It's European Disney, not American Disney - go with the flow.
Closed Thread