Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 10, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
I think eveyone who has an interest (or obsession! ) in Disney should try DLP at least once. If you don't like, don't go back... I think we are lucky in the UK, in that DLP isn't that far away and we have several different options in how to get there (fly, channel tunnel, ferry, eurostar).
I had been to DLP several times before I finally went to WDW. I didn't think I'd ever be able to afford WDW, so DLP was going to be my only Disney experience.
Now having been to both places they can't be compared. Each has its "own" special qualities...different rides and shows, weather, culture, food etc.
I say give it a try, do your research on here and you might be surprised!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Have to agree with what most people have said. It's not WDW but we all love it, having been 4 times now. Wasn't sure about going after we'd been to WDW in 2009, but we went this summer, spent three days there and had a fabulous time like we always do, and im going back next year with some friends this time Theres some different rides, and some of the rides that are the same i think are slightly better in Paris, big thunder mountain for example. And as others have said it's nice for a short break
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I definatly think people go there expecting WDW also like DL Cali people say "don't goi if you like WDW cause it's rubbish" ofc WDW is better it's HUGE! I still think any DL is better than none!
haha
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Having posted and then watched this thread with interest, I'm wondering what the OP thinks about it now?
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

There is nothing wrong with DLP, I think that people just want to hate it because it is not if Florida.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
There is nothing wrong with DLP, I think that people just want to hate it because it is not if Florida.
Very true! Maybe we should have it moved

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

I've been to Disneyland paris 5 times with our kids and nieces and nephews. Yes the people were quite rude at times but once you get used to it, you tend to sharpen your own elbows and learn not to let people shove you out of the way. It can be a huge shock at first but I think it's just the way they are. The smoking is the worst thing. Not from the pollution point which is not good but that my daughter was burnt by a passerby with a lit cigarette and I know she is not the only one this has happened to.

Where possible, I speak French or Spanish as they tend to treat you better. For some strange reason they don't seem to like us Brits too much .

Like others in the thread have said, I would go to Eurodisney above any UK theme parks at any time. I've stayed in the Disneyland Hotel twice but don't rate it as one of the best hotels I've stayed in but you do it for the experience (and for it's proximity as a family with mobility issues).

I've travelled to Eurodisney by air, and Eurostar. If I'm honest I think the Eurostar is over-rated but I just look on it as a train that gets me there as soon as possible. I would just choose the best package that was available.

I don't think you can deny that the staff are more friendly in the US but not all Eurodisney staff are bad (especially if you speak in a different language )

I like DLP and I think it's what you make it.
Old 9 Nov 10, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

WDW is the best, but I still enjoy DLP. We are using it as a quick fix in between WDW holidays and we both love it! xxxx p.s best popcorn in the world! xxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

Agree about the popcorn! It's the only one I will eat, Can't stand the american stuff! however, Epcot and the snowcones/khaki gori are a different story. I could plan a trip for them alone
Old 9 Nov 10, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I prefer DLP to MK.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread