Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 10, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone, I have an open mind now, I am thinking on taking my 5 year old, wondered how many rides she could do at 40in short?

I read that goofy is called dingo and some other charactors have different names that seems abit off putting. Looking at santa fe has anyone stayed there and could please advice

thanks again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jcjcjc View Post
Thanks everyone, I have an open mind now, I am thinking on taking my 5 year old, wondered how many rides she could do at 40in short?

I read that goofy is called dingo and some other charactors have different names that seems abit off putting. Looking at santa fe has anyone stayed there and could please advice

thanks again
Hi, yes some of the characters also have french names e.g. Dingo for Goofy and Tic and Tac for Chip and Dale, but if you speak english to them they will sign autographs in their english names.

I'm not sure about height restrictions, but I'm sure the DLP website has this information, there would be plenty a 5 year old could do, my youngest was 3 when we last went and could do all of Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Small World, Snow White (didnt like it though!), Pinocchio, Carousel, Teacups, Alice's Labyrinth, Casey Junior, Storybook boats, Dumbo), also plenty of others - Buzz. the big boat, Pirates of the Caribbean (didnt like getting slightly splahsed on that!), in the Studios he loved the playhouse disney show, Stitch live, Cars, Flying carpets, stunt show. We didnt make it to Animagique or Cinemagique, plus not there is the Toystory Playland, so plenty to do. If she is more adventurous the Big Thunder Mountain might be ok (mine are timid in the extreme but still had loads to to).

Have never been to the santa fe, sure someone else can help. Have a wonderful time.

Sarah
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

DLP is fab... I don't really understand why people don't like it?! No it's not always sunny, and yes it is different, but I love it, and in fact I think that some aspects are superior to Florida... fantasy land, Pirates of the Caribbean, the lack of a 9 hour flight!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
Hi, yes some of the characters also have french names e.g. Dingo for Goofy and Tic and Tac for Chip and Dale, but if you speak english to them they will sign autographs in their english names.

I'm not sure about height restrictions, but I'm sure the DLP website has this information, there would be plenty a 5 year old could do, my youngest was 3 when we last went and could do all of Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Small World, Snow White (didnt like it though!), Pinocchio, Carousel, Teacups, Alice's Labyrinth, Casey Junior, Storybook boats, Dumbo), also plenty of others - Buzz. the big boat, Pirates of the Caribbean (didnt like getting slightly splahsed on that!), in the Studios he loved the playhouse disney show, Stitch live, Cars, Flying carpets, stunt show. We didnt make it to Animagique or Cinemagique, plus not there is the Toystory Playland, so plenty to do. If she is more adventurous the Big Thunder Mountain might be ok (mine are timid in the extreme but still had loads to to).

Have never been to the santa fe, sure someone else can help. Have a wonderful time.

Sarah
Thanks sarah, oh she loves big thunder mountain, faster the better,she has no fear at all. is playhouse disney show in english? thats my fear of many things being in french, thats how i may compare it to wdw. thanks again
Old 10 Nov 10, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AJE78 View Post
DLP is fab... I don't really understand why people don't like it?! No it's not always sunny, and yes it is different, but I love it, and in fact I think that some aspects are superior to Florida... fantasy land, Pirates of the Caribbean, the lack of a 9 hour flight!
i think the 9 hr flight will be better than a 10hr+ coach trip
Old 10 Nov 10, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
i love dlp in fact so much i went there for my honeymoon, like people said it is there for a couple of days away, you wouldnt really go there for a two week holiday and you cant compare it to wdw as they are completly different.
I personally think that some of the rides at dlp are better than their counterparts at wdw, but i love both for very different reasons
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jcjcjc View Post
i think the 9 hr flight will be better than a 10hr+ coach trip
Couldn't stand a 10 hr coach trip - did it once, the first time and never again - its only a 1.5 hour flight from the North East, then a transfer to DLP.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 10:56 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 10, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

we havent been ( i await the " well do not comment on it then replies ) but its my opinion and for whats its worth, i am posting it

we look at it from time to time, but we allways have our head turned back to WDW, why ?

the weather
the service
the VFM

other points we take into consideration, the Smoking ( now thats a big thumbs down ) the Q jumping / pushing in ( we saw 2 brazillain tour groups last week in WDW and they were no bother and waited like the rest of us ), the general rudeness of the french ( they dislike us, lets not kid ourselves about it )

we have a merlin pass and do all the UK theme parks, this year chesington twice, lego land twice, thorpe park once, alton towers twice, so we do theme parks fairly often during the year

i notice tonight that the sun has a 9.50 DLP trip on the go, stay for the night for 100 quid, now this might tempt us, its nothing money and might give us a 1 & 1/2 day taster
Old 11 Nov 10, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 3 year old loved BTM! Yes, playhouse Disney and Stitch shows are in English. Our daughter came back even speaking a couple of words of French and now recognises when people are speaking French (she was 4 last week and can distinguish French from other languages) - they're like sponges, different languages could be a great thing!
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 10, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
For me having been to Orlando and California I was disappointed because I didnt feel the same Disney Magic and unfortunately as a result of the Euro being poor I found it very expensive. On the upside the kids loved it (as expected) and that made up for the negatives .

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread