Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 10, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Here my 2 cents go and make up your own mind reading something bad about something dose not make it bad. I am sure DDP will be A great expearce for you Have a great holiday
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 10, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
we havent been ( i await the " well do not comment on it then replies ) but its my opinion and for whats its worth, i am posting it
Everybody's entitled to their opinion Matt

we look at it from time to time, but we allways have our head turned back to WDW, why ?

the weather
the service
the VFM
Here's my take on your points:

The weather - DLP is not in California or Florida. The Imagineers have done a great job of weather-proofing as much as they can of the parks - I love the arcades that run parallel to Main Street for example.

The service - in my opinion Europe is renowned for its lack of service culture. This should no be acceptable as a reason to accept poor service, what I mean is that the US has a much stronger and deeper service ethic than their European cousins.

VFM - for a quick Disney fix, it's great value for money. Try booking DLP for 2 weeks and you'll need to remortgage. But then, DLP is not a 2 week resort.

other points we take into consideration, the Smoking ( now thats a big thumbs down ) the Q jumping / pushing in ( we saw 2 brazillain tour groups last week in WDW and they were no bother and waited like the rest of us ),
Smoking is prohibited in all Disney parks, other than in designated areas. If you ever encounter a problem, speak to a CM. Smoking is not just an issue at DLP, a quick search here can bring up loads of threads from people complaining about smokers at WDW, like this one. If you look for a problem, you'll find it.

Similarly, Brazilian tour groups seem to be a very (un)popular topic on the Florida boards, and I'm pleased to hear about such a well behaved group.

the general rudeness of the french ( they dislike us, lets not kid ourselves about it )
I'm not sure if all French people are bred to dislike the British That said, I would say the British customer service in theme parks is on a par, if not marginally worse than what can be experienced on the Continent.

i notice tonight that the sun has a 9.50 DLP trip on the go, stay for the night for 100 quid, now this might tempt us, its nothing money and might give us a 1 & 1/2 day taster
From what I can see, the deal is for one day only including ferry channel crossing. A bit of a stretch for me and my family. I'm not sure on the location of the overnight accommodation and whether you need to purchase a separate park entry for the second day.

Either way, if you ever choose to go, go with an open mind and come back and tell us what you experienced.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?

Edited at 10:13 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 10, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Everybody's entitled to their opinion Matt

Here's my take on your points:

The weather - DLP is not in California or Florida. The Imagineers have done a great job of weather-proofing as much as they can of the parks - I love the arcades that run parallel to Main Street for example.

fair enough, but sunshine is sunshine and its nice

The service - in my opinion Europe is renowned for its lack of service culture. This should no be acceptable as a reason to accept poor service, what I mean is that the US has a much stronger and deeper service ethic than their European cousins.

i love good service, make me feel special, we ( europeans ) do not seem to do it that well

VFM - for a quick Disney fix, it's great value for money. Try booking DLP for 2 weeks and you'll need to remortgage. But then, DLP is not a 2 week resort.

fair enough, i allways come back to the idea of " putting the money towards WDW

Smoking is prohibited in all Disney parks, other than in designated areas. If you ever encounter a problem, speak to a CM. Smoking is not just an issue at DLP, a quick search here can bring up loads of threads from people complaining about smokers at WDW, like this one. If you look for a problem, you'll find it.

only saw smoking once in TL, its something i am wary about with my 2 D being hand height

Similarly, Brazilian tour groups seem to be a very (un)popular topic on the Florida boards, and I'm pleased to hear about such a well behaved group.

my heart sank when i saw them, they had a flag with CVC on them, i thought " oh great, they are here to spoil our holiday, but to be honest they were no bother and didnt bother us in the slightest

I'm not sure if all French people are bred to dislike the British That said, I would say the British customer service in theme parks is on a par, if not marginally worse than what can be experienced on the Continent.

i am sure not all french dislike us, but as a nation its a popular past time, a little like the brits not likeing the germans that much

From what I can see, the deal is for one day only including ferry channel crossing. A bit of a stretch for me and my family. I'm not sure on the location of the overnight accommodation and whether you need to purchase a separate park entry for the second day.

that is what i am waiting to find out

Either way, if you ever choose to go, go with an open mind and come back and tell us what you experienced.

i hope it surprises me and we have a great time, i will go with a open mind and the plus side is it will not cost anything more than a weekend at butlins / haven, so VFM stakes should be good

replies in red
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 10, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks everyone again, been a great help, I hope this thread is Not closed as i would like to try DLP and then comeback on this thread with my views on it to let everyone who has been kind with there views.

Thanks again Jc
Old 12 Nov 10, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi JC,

We took our son when he was 5 and he loved it. He went on lots of rides and we couldn't get him off Big Thunder Mountain. We went for 3 days and at the time we didn't visit the studios park as we thought he may be too young to appreciate it. Since then they have added more rides which I think would be great for your daughters age.

We are going to WDW next May but I have waited for my son who is now 10, to be tall enough to go on the rides, not only at Disney but Universal too. We have had to save hard for it and I personally thought it would be a waste of time going to Florida if my son couldn't appreciate and experience all the rides. That's just our opinion though.

Before we had our son my husband and I had visited DLP before, and I think for a long weekend or Mon-Fri break it is perfect. Our son still talks about it now, and we will go back.

We stayed in the Santa Fa when we went as a couple, it is going back a few years but it was ok. The rooms were clean and it was in walking distance to the parks if you didn't want to wait for a bus. We stayed at the Magic Circus Hotel when we took our Son, again nice and clean but not in walking distance, you had to rely on the buses but we never had any problems with them.

Personally I always pick the cheapest hotels as we only sleep in the room. We went in July and we were out the hotel at 8am and not back in the room til midnight. My son has always had great staying up power lol.

How are you thinking of getting there? We went by air with BMI Baby from East Midlands. Lovely short flight. My Cousin is going next week with her 4 year old son, she is staying in the Cheyene, they had a really good deal. If you want I can let you know how she gets on.
Old 12 Nov 10, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The weather thing always makes me smile. I love the British weather. I hate heat and particularly humidity. (Hence why we're going to WDW in December!)

For me, the fact that the weather in DLP will be pretty much the same as you get in Britain is completely and totally irrelevant to my enjoyment. In fact it might even increase it - no getting sweaty and tired with all the walking, I can wear what I want without worrying about my pasty-white legs, no need to carry bottles of water ...

Odd, isn't it? Almost every DLP/WDW related post assumes that Florida weather = enjoyable, Paris weather = endurable. Maybe I am just weird.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 10, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think most places are worth visiting to make your own mind up, especially DLP

we went and enjoyed most of it, we wouldn't go again but would encourage everyone to see for themselves
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 10, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
terlan
Trying for More Ears

Been to DLP a few times and loved every trip. been to WDW and there is of course no comparing them you just cant.

Paris wont have the weather but then you know that.

Some of the rides are far better than the wdw version space mountain in WDW was a let down compared to the atmospheric and thrills of the dlp version

Pirates was again better at DLP 2 drops instead of one the second being far bigger than the wdw ride. There is a lot of differences and its enough that you can visit wdw and dlp without needing to compare them

As for staying at the santa fe, I wouldnt, it shouldnt be that much more to stay in the Cheyene which is a far better and more atmospheric hotel that the santa fe, I've stayed in both and the santa fe didnt feel like disneyland, the Cheyene transports you back to the old west and feels totally disney, if you know what i mean.
Sept 2013 Returning to DLP
terlan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 10, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We love DLP saying that we think WDW is fantastic but dont compare one against the other . Its that magic you feel when your there and soak up the atmosphere. As you con see from the countdown were off in 2 days and believe me if we hadnt enjoyed our first trip we wouldnt be going back.If you go then go with an open mind and dont compare you may find you have a great time
Old 13 Nov 10, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
moshman10
Imagineer

moshman10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Paris V Orlando?

Hi guys we are definite mouse fans as far as Florida goes, just wondering how Paris compares, and whether its worth a visit. Please help!