Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 10, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

i say avoid

Hi, we just come back from 5 days at disney paris and and have been to florida 3 times before and i will never go back to paris. it is grubby, with cigarette butts on the floor every where, litter being left, graffiti in the waiting areas of rides esp on the haunted mansion. the french pushing and shoving and really poor cust service in the shops as no one wants to look at you. we complained to the manager of hotel cheyene and she said that its the culture difference. also this is the reason why the rides never get updated as they do in usa. the cost of food is huge so all i can say is avoid because you will be dissapointed if youve been to Walt disney world.

It is almost like dlp and wdw are run by 2 different companies, i would rather save and back to florida anyday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Have to say we have been to DLP twice & we have been disapointed twice.
We, like you thought people were rude, hated people walking about smoking or standing in queues smoking ! Food was very expensive & not always that great imho.
We would not go back as it is just so expensive & if you have been to WDW then you can't help but compare.
Sorry you didn't have a good holiday.x
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

if you go to DLP with the fact that ur in france in your mind you will think of it as a totally different experience, we went back in august, and we had no expectations, and tried very hard not to compare it as it just isnt florida, we enjoyed it for what it was, sorry you really didnt like it, I dont know if we'd hurry back either, but it was an experience, and I think people shoud try it out for themselves,
Our ds really enjoyed it, as we all did, we werent at home!
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
sorry you didnt have a good time. we are going to dlp in dec this is the first time we have been in 9 years but have been to florida every year.
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mickeymouse 09 View Post
It is almost like dlp and wdw are run by 2 different companies, i would rather save and back to florida anyday.
This is pretty much the case, the Disney company only actually owns about 40% of DLP.
The resort is run by Euro Disney S.C.A, with another 10% owned by a Saudi prince and the other 50% by various shareholders.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear you didnt have a good time, We have been to DLP 4 times and Florida 10 times, We visited Florida first, there really is no camparison, We also find it very grubby, cast members rude, food expensive and the overall atmosphere just isnt there for us, plus the hotels just lack the Disney feel! I doubt very much if we'll ever return to DLP, it's fine for a short get away, 2/3 nights is fine occasionally, but we could never visit on a regular basis, there just isnt enough there to justify returning, I think you have to look at DLP for what it is... a short break untill you can return to Orlando! :-) X.X
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

well we will def be going back to wdw but never again to dlp.
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have been to DLP twice and it is O.K. if you have nothing to compare it with but it is basically like English theme parks, no atmosphere and very, very expensive just to go for a short stay. I probably would not bother going back unless the prices were greatly reduced.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I've been to Florida once and dlp twice and I love them both for different reasons. I would definitely go back to Dlp as we had A great time. As another poster has said if you accept the fact your in Europe and not America a lot of the rudeness, smoking and expense makes a lot of sense

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

I always read these DLP v WDW threads with interest, but have never posted as I've not been to WDW. We have just booked our 4th trip to DLP and can honestly say I've never experienced any rudeness, dirtiness, lack of customer service etc. I've seen a couple of people smoking, but we holiday regularly in France and that's the way it is (unfortunately) but its never spoilt my enjoyment or been a particular problem, even though my son is asthmatic and I really hate smoking.

We're thinking about WDW for 2012 for our 10th wedding anniversary so I've started reading some trip reports and reviews etc. Having seen the comments that appear on this DLP board I was expecting rave reviews at every turn, but have been horrified with some of the things I have been reading. We're probably looking at staying at AKL or Poly so I've mostly been reading those reviews, and plenty of them are full of complaints about filthy rooms, broken furniture, uninterested or downright rude CMs, smoking in the park and problems with Brazilian tour groups (for some reason?). I'm sure the majority of people have a wonderful time and no problems at both parks, but if I'd be disappointed at having a bad time having spent £1500 for 5 days in DLP I'd be even more so at spending £7k for 2 weeks at WDW (which is what it looks like it will cost if we stay onsite at a similar level of hotel to what we stay at DLP - here's praying for some discount deals!)

Sarah
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread