Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jan 12, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Ive never been, but reading other threads, personally I would take if travelling by car:

Travel kettle and cups
Tea/coffee/sugar/hot chic sachets/milk portions
biscuits/crisps/cup a soups/noodles/rice pudding pots/cereal bars/nuts/bread frozen
If I took electric cool box, then cheddar/butter/ham/yogurt too, but they're things you should be able to get on the way or there?

I always keep any little portion jars of jams/marmalade/marmite/peanut butter/sauces etc for this exact type of stay at a hotel etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We always have a really good breakfast and that lasts us until dinner time, around 5pm. If my granddaughter is really hungry at lunch time, we leave the park and go round to the train station and buy a sandwich. Sometimes I may take a couple of apples out of the dining room at breakfast.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We have just come back. We literally stuffed ourselves at breakfast and then at most bought a coffee in the parks. I bought the coffees separately as each receipt then got you another coffee free from 3pm till 5pm.

We also ate in the Earl of Sandwich and McDonalds in the evening and it wasn't that dear at all. We also took our own wine and beer for the room which was nice! We took 240 euros for 3 nights / 4 days- had a fab time, bought a few souvenirs, had a few drinks in the bar and still came back with 40 dollars !

Denise
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MidwifeMatilda
Helping Mickey

MidwifeMatilda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Love all these tips.
Nice heads up about the coffee, is that offer on now still? I do love my coffee!
MidwifeMatilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
juttawdw
Proud to wear my Ears

Normally we count € 13 for a adult andf € 6 for kids counter service meal, now we have a big breakfast and eat a kids meal for lunch and a adult and kids meal for dinner and share.
juttawdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 12, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

We're hoping to stuff ourselves silly at breakfast and as we're driving we will be taking snacks to take into the park for lunch and eating a counter/restaurant meal at tea time.

I'm going to take a kettle with me, tea, coffee etc. biscuits and DH some beer for the evenings as the boys will be in bed pretty early, as I imagine we will be due to exhaustion!

I hope the coffee receipts continue into February!
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 12, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Hiya we used to fill up on breakfast then call at the sandwich kiosk at the train station for there filled baguettes for late lunch ,they are lovely and fresh and a fraction of the price thanin the parks ! ,plus we took a bottle of dilute squash with us and water bottles and that did us all for the day with drinks ,the parks have loads of water fountains to refill,hope you have a great time xxxlouise xxxx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 12, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
burns3466
Getting Excited

Update - we now can't go! We were looking at staying at the Hotel Cheyenne and for the dates we wanted it was going to cost £476 for the four of us with breakfast and park tickets which I thought was amazing! Then priced up eurostar and almost fell off my chair! The cheapest return I could find was £270. I looked at cheap flights but they weren't coming up much different so was going to drive and go by ferry. But on Friday, the car failed it's MOT and it's going to cost a fair amount to get it fixed (car is getting on a bit now) which has really hit our holiday budget. We therefore decided not to go in March and I'm really pleased we didn't tell the girls we were even planning it because they would have been so disappointed. We will maybe look at it again later in the year and I will still keep a note of this thread with everyone's fantastic suggestions. Thank you xxx
Old 9 Jan 12, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Eurostar start at £69 return, but just like UK trains, the longer you leave it the dearer they get.

On the upside - you might be able to book for when the 20th anniversary stuff is on. I'm sure there will be an offer soon.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 12, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Oh no what a shame!

We are driving, (staying in premier inn, in Folkestone there and back) even with the price of petrol and hotel it is cheaper to do so. We also priced up Eurostar 6 months in advance and they wanted £349, not including the price from Manchester to London via train. Arghhh!
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread