Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 12, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
Yes £35 is good for Nike Air's, I like the air bubble def helps alot!. I need to invest in some more Nike Air's!
Soon its going to be to warm to wear my boots as they are more for the colder mths! Will need to find some warmer mth Sketchers soon i think.

ha yes def foot heaven! Well i hope you find some soon!
When do you go DLP?
Been looking on Sports Direct website at Sketchers - there are so many varieties! Definitely going to pop in there in the next few days!

We're going to DLP 5-8 June for an early birthday with Mickey staying at the Santa Fe!

I see your off to the Cheyenne next month - we stayed there last September and loved it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 12, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
Been looking on Sports Direct website at Sketchers - there are so many varieties! Definitely going to pop in there in the next few days!

We're going to DLP 5-8 June for an early birthday with Mickey staying at the Santa Fe!

I see your off to the Cheyenne next month - we stayed there last September and loved it!
Oh yeah i never thought of you checking on there have fun Sketcher shopping

I would like to go in the warmer mths! i always tend to go in Months of March Oct, and Dec! so would like to experience it being a bit warmer.
I liked the Santa Fe stayed there last time i went! we prob would of gone for it again (I wish i had in away, as my little boys loves 'Cars' At mo, with the refurb) But we choose Cheyenne because it was a hotel none of us had stayed at before! So be new to all of us! (first choice would be DLH, but need a Lottery win first )
Old 12 Feb 12, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh yeah i never thought of you checking on there have fun Sketcher shopping

I would like to go in the warmer mths! i always tend to go in Months of March Oct, and Dec! so would like to experience it being a bit warmer.
I liked the Santa Fe stayed there last time i went! we prob would of gone for it again (I wish i had in away, as my little boys loves 'Cars' At mo, with the refurb) But we choose Cheyenne because it was a hotel none of us had stayed at before! So be new to all of us! (first choice would be DLH, but need a Lottery win first )
We usually go in September - not too busy as kids at school and weather warm but not too hot. This will be our last year for a while as we want to save for WDW. I've always wanted to spend my birthday with Mickey so we decided to go in June; but without knowing it booked the kids holiday!

We loved the Cheyenne - you definitely won't be disappointed; only thing we weren't keen on was Chuck Waggon in the evening as the food was greasy and as I'm on a low fat diet it made me feel ill and I left most of it. We chose Santa Fe this year as we haven't stayed there and the Cheyenne was about £90 dearer when we booked. I'd love to stay at the DLH too - did have a try on the lottery last night and got one number! lol!
Old 12 Feb 12, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We usually go in September - not too busy as kids at school and weather warm but not too hot. This will be our last year for a while as we want to save for WDW. I've always wanted to spend my birthday with Mickey so we decided to go in June; but without knowing it booked the kids holiday!

We loved the Cheyenne - you definitely won't be disappointed; only thing we weren't keen on was Chuck Waggon in the evening as the food was greasy and as I'm on a low fat diet it made me feel ill and I left most of it. We chose Santa Fe this year as we haven't stayed there and the Cheyenne was about £90 dearer when we booked. I'd love to stay at the DLH too - did have a try on the lottery last night and got one number! lol!

We would love to go WDW! My DP been saying it for yrs, But im so scared of Flying (Ive flew before a few times, but i get myself in a right state). When my Son is about 7/8 i would like to go! So few years to preper myself

I did choose the Chuck Wagon as one of my Night time meal choices But someone pointed out that i choose half board standard places, when i have half board plus! so more of a range. But i did read some reviews after and i seen a few said it was greasy. Im not to keen on greasy food either. You should like the SF, I never had any problems! and the walk to the parks werent that far away (So i thought)
Old 12 Feb 12, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

We would love to go WDW! My DP been saying it for yrs, But im so scared of Flying (Ive flew before a few times, but i get myself in a right state). When my Son is about 7/8 i would like to go! So few years to preper myself

I did choose the Chuck Wagon as one of my Night time meal choices But someone pointed out that i choose half board standard places, when i have half board plus! so more of a range. But i did read some reviews after and i seen a few said it was greasy. Im not to keen on greasy food either. You should like the SF, I never had any problems! and the walk to the parks werent that far away (So i thought)
I flew with First chioice to WDW in 2006 and there is so much entertainment on board and also they were constantly feeding us which was a nice distraction; even if I did feel unwell landing - so made sure I didn't stuff my face on the way home! lol!

Do you know that you can use your half board plus vouchers as cash in any of the restaurants bar Planet Hollywood, King Ludwigs, Rainforest Cafe and McDoanlds as they are not owned by Disney. We did this when we had half board plus vouchers a couple of years ago for a meal in Cafe Mickey and came out paying in the region of 10 Euros for a three course meal; but I do believe prices have gone up a bit since then!

We're in the Santa Fe this year. We stayed at SL for our honeymoon but never eat there in the evening; so was contemplating eating there one evening. Which of the 2 restaurants did you eat in and what did you think of them? thanks
Old 13 Feb 12, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I flew with First chioice to WDW in 2006 and there is so much entertainment on board and also they were constantly feeding us which was a nice distraction; even if I did feel unwell landing - so made sure I didn't stuff my face on the way home! lol!

Do you know that you can use your half board plus vouchers as cash in any of the restaurants bar Planet Hollywood, King Ludwigs, Rainforest Cafe and McDoanlds as they are not owned by Disney. We did this when we had half board plus vouchers a couple of years ago for a meal in Cafe Mickey and came out paying in the region of 10 Euros for a three course meal; but I do believe prices have gone up a bit since then!

We're in the Santa Fe this year. We stayed at SL for our honeymoon but never eat there in the evening; so was contemplating eating there one evening. Which of the 2 restaurants did you eat in and what did you think of them? thanks
Im okay with the landing and taking off, just the mid air part! The thought of being over the sea
OOh can i!? so i just pay rest to it on top of my half board plus vouchers?! oh so now my options have opened up even more! Thank you for saying!

I havent in all the years ive been to DLP sat down restaurant at DLP,ive always had counter service! (apart from Annettes) So i cant give you a review of either! Sorry. Only had Breakfast at the Santa Fe! x
Old 13 Feb 12, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

OOh can i!? so i just pay rest to it on top of my half board plus vouchers?! oh so now my options have opened up even more! Thank you for saying!

I havent in all the years ive been to DLP sat down restaurant at DLP,ive always had counter service! (apart from Annettes) So i cant give you a review of either! Sorry. Only had Breakfast at the Santa Fe! x
You certainly can! The only exceptions where you can't use your half board vouchers as their cash value is McDonald's, King Ludwigs, Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood as they are not owned by Disney. You can also only use it on a sit down meal; unfortunately you can't use it on counter service meals.

Have you got a copy of the latest DLP brochure? It will show you which meals you will save money on page 43 - those listed under half board plus you will save money on by using your vouchers; whereas the standard half board listed you will lose money; but you could always eat at these places and not eat the set meal and just add the extra!

Apart from Cafe Mickey and Annettes; we love Billy Bob's buffet - there is such a wide variety of food and when we were there in September altho there was a lot of people there it was relatively quiet and we found relaxing after a hectic day in the parks!

Can you recommend any counter service places? We haven't used the counter services before past an odd drink and a cake. Hakuna Matata looks amazing so we definitely are going to do a lunch there but not sure past that which counter services offer great food?

What was the breakfast like at Santa Fe? We're only doing breakfast the first morning; the other two mornings we're going to pay for the character breakfast; as you get a buffet of hot breakfast items; the most amazing fruit salad and lots of fun and games with the characters!
Old 13 Feb 12, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

You certainly can! The only exceptions where you can't use your half board vouchers as their cash value is McDonald's, King Ludwigs, Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood as they are not owned by Disney. You can also only use it on a sit down meal; unfortunately you can't use it on counter service meals.

Have you got a copy of the latest DLP brochure? It will show you which meals you will save money on page 43 - those listed under half board plus you will save money on by using your vouchers; whereas the standard half board listed you will lose money; but you could always eat at these places and not eat the set meal and just add the extra!

Apart from Cafe Mickey and Annettes; we love Billy Bob's buffet - there is such a wide variety of food and when we were there in September altho there was a lot of people there it was relatively quiet and we found relaxing after a hectic day in the parks!

Can you recommend any counter service places? We haven't used the counter services before past an odd drink and a cake. Hakuna Matata looks amazing so we definitely are going to do a lunch there but not sure past that which counter services offer great food?

What was the breakfast like at Santa Fe? We're only doing breakfast the first morning; the other two mornings we're going to pay for the character breakfast; as you get a buffet of hot breakfast items; the most amazing fruit salad and lots of fun and games with the characters!
Ah Okay! Well i might read more about other restaurants then, See what reviews they have! Would love to try Inventions. Im hoping to stay away from Counter service for all of the trip due to having half board plus. Maybe a little snack if needed.

The Counter services arent cheap (But not much in Disney is)
We ate alot in the 'New York style Sandwiches' in the Village. I had the Chicken strips and fries alot. They were actually quite nice. We would have that in the evening, and during the day we found having a coffe and a Muffin etc did us okay.

I also Love Pizzeria Bella Notte, I could eat there everyday! I love the pizza there, so nice and soft! Just how i like it, And it wasnt to dear for the size of the pizza you got! We always had the smallest but filled us nicely. Its always been fairly quiet in there to every time we went. I quite like the feel to it.

This New place is it the Earl of sandwich?! Correct me if im wrong! But i keep hearing great reviews of there! Across from Cafe Mickey i believe. So thats a new one for me. On our last day we havent got vouchers, so i think either Pizzeria or the Earl for our last day.

I cant remember what the place is called in the Studios? Just when you walk in on the right? the counter place quite big, We have ate there a few times. usually pizza or fries, And the pizza is just the same as the other place i mentioned. But its always alot busier there took us a while to find a table last time.

We have the Cafe Mickey Breakfast booked for our first full day! Never done it before, or been in Cafe Mickey! Very excited... Yes i heard they have a hot selection! I Cant wait to see the characters in the morning! i do hope Pluto comes around!
The Santa Fe was just the same food selection wise as when we stayed in SL, We went down at 7.30am and 8am time! Was very busy... Thats the only thing i didnt realy like was that you had to find your own table. where in SL you wait and get shown etc. I know the cheyenne is the same as SF that way, but now i know how it will be i dont really mind. I suppose because i thought it was going to be like SL i felt a bit dissapointed! But I found a table easy enough! And food was great as always! always stocked up etc.
Old 14 Feb 12, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah Okay! Well i might read more about other restaurants then, See what reviews they have! Would love to try Inventions. Im hoping to stay away from Counter service for all of the trip due to having half board plus. Maybe a little snack if needed.

The Counter services arent cheap (But not much in Disney is)
We ate alot in the 'New York style Sandwiches' in the Village. I had the Chicken strips and fries alot. They were actually quite nice. We would have that in the evening, and during the day we found having a coffe and a Muffin etc did us okay.

I also Love Pizzeria Bella Notte, I could eat there everyday! I love the pizza there, so nice and soft! Just how i like it, And it wasnt to dear for the size of the pizza you got! We always had the smallest but filled us nicely. Its always been fairly quiet in there to every time we went. I quite like the feel to it.

This New place is it the Earl of sandwich?! Correct me if im wrong! But i keep hearing great reviews of there! Across from Cafe Mickey i believe. So thats a new one for me. On our last day we havent got vouchers, so i think either Pizzeria or the Earl for our last day.

I cant remember what the place is called in the Studios? Just when you walk in on the right? the counter place quite big, We have ate there a few times. usually pizza or fries, And the pizza is just the same as the other place i mentioned. But its always alot busier there took us a while to find a table last time.

We have the Cafe Mickey Breakfast booked for our first full day! Never done it before, or been in Cafe Mickey! Very excited... Yes i heard they have a hot selection! I Cant wait to see the characters in the morning! i do hope Pluto comes around!
The Santa Fe was just the same food selection wise as when we stayed in SL, We went down at 7.30am and 8am time! Was very busy... Thats the only thing i didnt realy like was that you had to find your own table. where in SL you wait and get shown etc. I know the cheyenne is the same as SF that way, but now i know how it will be i dont really mind. I suppose because i thought it was going to be like SL i felt a bit dissapointed! But I found a table easy enough! And food was great as always! always stocked up etc.
We were going to try Inventions last year; but we lost our way back from the Cheyenne and missed our reservation! I'd love to try it but love Cafe Mickey too much and only really got the money for one expensive meal.

Thanks for the counter service recommendations. The last morning we skipped breakfast and had one large slice of carrot cake between us in the Cable Cake Bar. Food definitely is expensive the carrot cake was 4.60 Euros! I've heard lots of good things about Pizzeria Bella Notte and would really like to try it out as pizza is my favourite food; but DH will eat cheese on a pizza; but only if it hasn't got too much cheese on it! We want to try a lot of the counter service places but probably won't need a full meal as we generally prefer to eat in the evening; so DH and I will probably share a counter service meal for lunch time.

Yes Earl of Sandwich is opposite Cafe Mickey. We never got round to trying it last year; but I've heard nothing but good reviews so might try it on our last day before we jump on the eurostar!

You won't be disappointed with the character breakfast! Which sitting have you booked for? We did the 9:30 am one as neither of us are very good in the morning; and we stayed right until the end when most people had left but the characters were still doing the rounds!

We did the Sequoia Lodge for our honeymoon two years ago; so going from SL to the Cheyenne for breakfast found it like you did; but now I know what to expect at the Santa Fe it doesn't bother me and we're only going to do breakfast in the Santa Fe the first morning and book character breakfasts for the other 2 days!
Old 14 Feb 12, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Forgot to say tried some Sketchers today - they were very comfortable but I have a wide foot and they weren't quite right for me. I have trouble finding shoes; even trainers that are wide enough; so think I might stick with another pair of Nike Airs for DLP in June as they served me well last year and my feet didn't ache too badly!
Closed Thread