Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Feb 12, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
We were going to try Inventions last year; but we lost our way back from the Cheyenne and missed our reservation! I'd love to try it but love Cafe Mickey too much and only really got the money for one expensive meal.

Thanks for the counter service recommendations. The last morning we skipped breakfast and had one large slice of carrot cake between us in the Cable Cake Bar. Food definitely is expensive the carrot cake was 4.60 Euros! I've heard lots of good things about Pizzeria Bella Notte and would really like to try it out as pizza is my favourite food; but DH will eat cheese on a pizza; but only if it hasn't got too much cheese on it! We want to try a lot of the counter service places but probably won't need a full meal as we generally prefer to eat in the evening; so DH and I will probably share a counter service meal for lunch time.

Yes Earl of Sandwich is opposite Cafe Mickey. We never got round to trying it last year; but I've heard nothing but good reviews so might try it on our last day before we jump on the eurostar!

You won't be disappointed with the character breakfast! Which sitting have you booked for? We did the 9:30 am one as neither of us are very good in the morning; and we stayed right until the end when most people had left but the characters were still doing the rounds!

We did the Sequoia Lodge for our honeymoon two years ago; so going from SL to the Cheyenne for breakfast found it like you did; but now I know what to expect at the Santa Fe it doesn't bother me and we're only going to do breakfast in the Santa Fe the first morning and book character breakfasts for the other 2 days!
Aw no! Thats a shame about missing your Reservation! is it Quite hard to find your way out of the Cheyenne then to the parks?! Knowing me i will get lost to! Unless our room is nr the pathway to the park, across from SF, then i will be ok

Yeah def try the pizza if you can! I did have the 4 cheese one, So there is quite abit of cheese on them! But are other toppings your hubby might like! Yeah a medium size pizza and fries would prob do you both for a lighter lunch snack! Im Like you, i dont really want to eat to much during the day. Like to have my main meals in the evening... more so this time with having sit down meals!

Good idea, I might go to the Earl before we go on the Eurostar home too, keep us going for a few hours, We then have to get a another train after the Eurostar, about an hour on top! So its fairly long travelling time.

If i could or thought more of it, i prob would of tried to book Cafe Mickey Breakfast more than the once. Just for the fact they have hot choice (i do prefer hot breakfast to the Continental) Morning after morning does get a little boring in my opinion. But it's still nice what is on selection with the Hotel Breakfasts! my DS will love it, the cereal etc.
We booked the 9.30am slot too! The other was abit to early, due to it being a very early start the morning before, so be good to have a little lay in before our MMC breakfast! Do you have to turn up at 9.30am on the dot, or are you best to go earlier so your seated for 9.30pm? Do people queue for the breakfasts in the morning?

(sorry for going off topic IE Footwear Not sure what other thread to use to talk to you)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 12, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
Aw no! Thats a shame about missing your Reservation! is it Quite hard to find your way out of the Cheyenne then to the parks?! Knowing me i will get lost to! Unless our room is nr the pathway to the park, across from SF, then i will be ok

Yeah def try the pizza if you can! I did have the 4 cheese one, So there is quite abit of cheese on them! But are other toppings your hubby might like! Yeah a medium size pizza and fries would prob do you both for a lighter lunch snack! Im Like you, i dont really want to eat to much during the day. Like to have my main meals in the evening... more so this time with having sit down meals!

Good idea, I might go to the Earl before we go on the Eurostar home too, keep us going for a few hours, We then have to get a another train after the Eurostar, about an hour on top! So its fairly long travelling time.

If i could or thought more of it, i prob would of tried to book Cafe Mickey Breakfast more than the once. Just for the fact they have hot choice (i do prefer hot breakfast to the Continental) Morning after morning does get a little boring in my opinion. But it's still nice what is on selection with the Hotel Breakfasts! my DS will love it, the cereal etc.
We booked the 9.30am slot too! The other was abit to early, due to it being a very early start the morning before, so be good to have a little lay in before our MMC breakfast! Do you have to turn up at 9.30am on the dot, or are you best to go earlier so your seated for 9.30pm? Do people queue for the breakfasts in the morning?

(sorry for going off topic IE Footwear Not sure what other thread to use to talk to you)
This was on our first day we got lost and what we realised is that their are lots of diffrent exits onto the walkway from the Cheyenne to the pathway that leads to the parks. Once we figured that if we exited the Cheyenne onto the pathway with the Chuck Waggon behind us and the jail on the left hand side of use we didn't get lost again!

[IMG][/IMG]

DH and I keep pondering whether we save a load of money and just rely on counter services; as we are not big eaters but the thought of our last trip to DLP for a while being without Cafe Mickey and Annettes didn't feel too good to us! lol!

We love the Character breakfast just knowing we can have that extra time in bed as I'm on a lot of medication which makes early mornings near impossible. Also it is so relaxing compared to breakfast in the hotels and you have all that natural light at Cafe Mickey in the morning making for cool photo's and being able to play around with the characters without the scrum in the parks!

We turned up at just gone 9:30 am (as we queued at the Cheyenne to have our photo taken with the characters just outside Reception) and were shown straight to a seat - the 9:30 am character breakfast slot definitely wasn't fall by any stretch of the imagination maybe about 10 families?

I was thinking the same about talking off topic - I'll PM you my e mail addy as the PM inbox on here gets fall quite fast!

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Old 16 Feb 12, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you! I got your Email addy!
Old 25 Feb 12, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

just bought my summer DLP footwear today -

sportsdirect/karrimor...lcode=22409890

bargain! and I'll have plenty of time to wear them and figure out if they will withstand the hours and miles I walk in a normal DLP day .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 12, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
just bought my summer DLP footwear today -

sportsdirect/karrimor...lcode=22409890

bargain! and I'll have plenty of time to wear them and figure out if they will withstand the hours and miles I walk in a normal DLP day .
What a bargain and they look really comfy too! Do they come up very wide? Thanks
Old 25 Feb 12, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
What a bargain and they look really comfy too! Do they come up very wide? Thanks
I tried mine on in the shop, and have gone one size down from what I usually wear. Theres still plenty of width on the footbed for me, and the ankle, heel and toe-supports are fully adjustable (velcro).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 12, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I tried mine on in the shop, and have gone one size down from what I usually wear. Theres still plenty of width on the footbed for me, and the ankle, heel and toe-supports are fully adjustable (velcro).
Thanks - definitely think I'll go try some on as they have the support down the front of the foot on the opposite side of where I have the lump of soft tissue that causes all my foot pain! Support just where I need it!
Old 26 Feb 12, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Ooh, would love those if I thought it would be dry enough in March!
Old 26 Feb 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pcnine28
Imagineer

I'm a trainer girl, I just got some proper walking shoes from an outdoor ware house called Go Outdoors and with members discount (cost £5) they were down from £35 to £6.99!
They'll be accompanying me to DLP in June :-)
pcnine28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 12, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pcnine28 View Post
I'm a trainer girl, I just got some proper walking shoes from an outdoor ware house called Go Outdoors and with members discount (cost £5) they were down from £35 to £6.99!
They'll be accompanying me to DLP in June :-)
I got some from our local Go Outdoors.

gooutdoors/guideway-jnr-p161129

The great thing about the membership is your whole family can use the number! Also you can get great bargains like you did!
Closed Thread