Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 12, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

I am not a big fan of DLP and I'm afraid to say it is because of the Europeans! Sorry! They are rude, they always push in even if it in front of very small children. I ended up telling people off when they forcibly pushed my little ones out of the way. The smoking is disgusting and lets not start with the other noxious bodily odours I endured on my trips there. I thought the last time I went some CMs had improved but not many. I remember last time we went some guy pushed me out of the way when MY children were with Dr Facilier and started taking pictures of them! And no he wasn't a photographer just some random person! I was really angry and he didn't even apologise and the CMs did nothing.

To leave on a positive note though, when my DD met Jack Skellington and Sally one year as they were her favourite they could not have been better with her. When they were on their way "backstage", Jack saw my DD and did a little dance with her and (not sure if this was coincidence) both Jack and Sally seemed to spot my dd's when the parade was on and made a real point of pointing and waving at them. It really did make their day.

Was very tempted to go for the Christmas experience to DLP but I just don't fancy all the hassle.
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I have been to DLRP 5 times and always gave had a great time, I actually prefer the Disneyland park to Magc Kingdom, the theming and most of the rides are much better.

Personally can't wait for Christmas at DLRP
Old 2 Nov 12, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

We went in the summer and I have to say I was very diss appointed, rude cast members, toilets that were dirty, and the whole park looked like it could do with a good clean and a lick of paint. I will not be rushing back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I wish I hadn't of read this thread... 9 days till our first trip.
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rapunzel2012 View Post
Don't worry- you make your own mind up about DLP.
Personally, after 6 trips, we love it!
Have never experienced any rudeness from CMs, nor any pushing in ride queues, not even had an issue with smoking, although we have seen people smoke around the park- we just walk away quickly!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but equally, everyone should be free to make up their own minds without threads worrying them about their up coming trip.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another who wasn't a fan I went two weeks ago and found the staff very rude and the toilets were disgusting. I had people push infront of me - especially on space mountain where there is the room to do so (I was on my own) and had a man knock over the buggy and he just stepped over it. The food prcies and quality I found were good and I liked some aspectts of the park but it wasn't "magic" for me at all and I won't be returning
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

we always said we wouoldn't bother going back, not been for 4 years but am now taking DD and twins on Nov 11th. The boys are 3 now and we can't take them to WDW so decided to try DLP. They are so excited and I know we will be looking at this trip through very different eyes this time so I am hoping that it is a good experience for them.
Must admit the news of horrible loos is a bit worrying when you have little boys that have only just started using a loo. We were thinking of taking the toilet training seat round with us so they are at least not sitting on the loo seat, but that would mean a big bag and then its just more to carry.
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rapunzel2012 View Post
You will have a fab time, enjoy it, I go to Florida once a year and DLP a few times ( annual pass holder) dlp has nothing on WDW, but it's a fun time, kids enjoy it. Also queue jumping,pushing etc is done just as much by the English as the French.

Please don't be put off, and just look forward.
Old 2 Nov 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree - having been to DLP 6/7 times in four years we love it - however, the toilets this time were an issue having 3 girls one wouldn't even go in because of the smell. Having said that this time the food was amazing best ever - character interaction faultless. There is the usual push and shove from the French - I think as I have been so often I don't see it so much prehaps my attitude has changed towards it as in my earlier visits it really bothered me.

Overall DLP is great - a convenient few hours on the train from London a great few days escape into a "Disney" world yep it will never touch that of WDW but the holiday is so different to that of Orlando and I think that is the key here - tbh we are off to Florida 2013 for Xmas and for me we are going back for Animal Kingdom and Seaworld!

Take off the negative and add the convenience of it being where it is - which allows a great many families to access Disney that tbh wouldnt be able to experience the magic...
Old 2 Nov 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I to agree, been once and that was enough... never ever again, no matter how much i crave the disney magic, i will save up hard enough and long enough to go over the pond. one young girl even took Emma's mickey out of her buggy,(emma was only 1 at the time! ), her parents claimed they could not speak english.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread