Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 12, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cherry81
Earning More Ears

We were in DLP in June with our 2 sons. our youngest son has obvious special needs and i have to say most CMs went out of their way to be nice to him. At times I was a little embarassed with all the attention he got.
But where DLP fell short for us was the on site hotels (Newport Bay) and the special needs department did not follow through any requests we had made and they had promised by e-mail. The cleanliness of park and toilets are average-hotel was awful.
as for pushing and queues i think thats more of a reflection on Europeans than disney.
We will return (as we have been offered a complimntary stay) but if its not much improved on this occasion we will be saving for Florida.
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hels80 View Post
At the risk of being shouted at and flamed, please remember all the excited dibbers that have just spent their hard earned cash on a dream trip to DLP.
I'd hate to have read one of these threads before my first trip.
I know people are entitled to their opinion but as I said before, let first timers make up their own opinion, without scaring them to death before they even go.

Again, we LOVE DLP and are lucky enough to have never come across any of these issues.
Wouldn't dream of shouting, the forum is all about expressing opinions.
I would hate to think that I would spoil anyone's trip. You will have a good time at DLP, it's hard not to. Believe it or not we did have fun on our last visit it's just that I now find DLP just like any other theme park where I used to think it was a cut above. My family could have a good time in a morgue, we always make the best of things.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Lol at the good time in a morgue, bit like my family! My family have been to Florida twice and loved both times (not just for wdw I must add although that was a big part) and are going for our first trip to dlp next month with no expectations of comparison to wdw. I agree with posters who have said it's individual opinions but I am a bit confused as to why anyone would want to come on to the dlp part of this forum if they hated it so much? I wont let it put me off my first visit next month and will make up my own mind but I am slightly worried now I'll be looking for all the mentioned faults! I personally come on the dibb for advise etc and whilst it's a free country I don't think this is the place for such negative reviews (fair enough wee complaints but not a full blown negative review). I hope it doesn't put anyone off and people make up their own minds
Old 3 Nov 12, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You will have a fab time the MK is way better at dlp don't know whether you have eaten at the castle at wdw but its nothing compared to the dlp auberge de cinderellion, the food is delicious. I have been going at leasd twice a year since 2001 and yearly to WDW. Are you planning to go to the val d europe shopping village if so let me know as I have some 10% off coupons that expire before we go back.
Old 3 Nov 12, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Having been to Florida twice and Eurodisney three times I have to say that there is no comparision. I would rather save the extra and go to Florida. What really lets it down for me is the accomodation. The Davy Crockett Ranch is attrocious and the standard of caravan on offer is poorer than the cheapest Eurocamps holiday! Other hotels around the lake are the same standards as a Travelodge (which is fine in itself) except you pay three times as much!

I won't go again now I've been - its alright but I'd rate it lower than Alton Towers where they have really uped their game in the last few years and you can always get cheap deals for it.
Old 3 Nov 12, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
DLP does have its problems, most of them the OP mentioned! I think if you have children, babies, teens etc. then the chances of experiencing a lack of magic can be heightened. However, we do enjoy DLP and if a good deal came along we would jump on it, but never for full price or an "okay" deal. It just isn't worth it for us.

It's not about comparing DLP to WDW either, it is having this expectation that Disney (no matter where in the world and whether it is a store, theme park, show etc.) should provide an experience and "service" above and beyond anything that one has had before. That is the reputation they have built for themselves, and rightly so the consumer should expect that in return. So understandably, when you go to DLP expecting such a level of service and it isn't there then it does tend to leave a bad taste in your mouth!
Old 3 Nov 12, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My niece has just returned from a 5 day trip to DLP, 4 adults, staying at Santa Fe. They have had a wonderful time full of fun, on all the rides; shopping, cocktails and nice meals each night; and she raved about Dreams, said it was fabulous, - they have no complaints about anything.
They have never been to WDW, but it's their 4th visit and the other couples 1st visit to DLP. They can't wait to go back.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by exiled View Post
Wouldn't dream of shouting, the forum is all about expressing opinions.
I would hate to think that I would spoil anyone's trip. You will have a good time at DLP, it's hard not to. Believe it or not we did have fun on our last visit it's just that I now find DLP just like any other theme park where I used to think it was a cut above. My family could have a good time in a morgue, we always make the best of things.
Having been to a some theme parks here in Britain, I have to dissagree with your comment about DLP being just like any other theme park. The ones here are less well kept (yes I did say that) have less atmosphere, no parades to speak of and the standards of the rides and themeing are just not as good neither is the food.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

We enjoyed our trip however, looking back, the Europeans were rude, but you just have to do the same, stand your ground especially when characters are around.
Old 4 Nov 12, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post

I really enjoyed DLP however the attitude of a couple of CM's really let it down for me. They certainly don't have the same Disney sparkle as our American cousins!

Saying that I would still go again as it fills the Disney gap between Florida holidays!
Closed Thread