Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 07, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post

shaunm have you changed tour name from happy hammer
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 07, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

hi all been to dlp several times was there febuary this year not busy at all took youngest as an introduction to disney he loved it so we booked for florida as soon we got back
Old 26 Jun 07, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I've been to DLP twice - Newport Bay Club and Hotel Sante Fe. The first time I went for a week and found ourselves doing the rides 2 or 3 times to fill in the time. The second visit we just went for 3 full days and still found on the 3rd day we were revisiting the rides over and over. Both of these trips were in the summer holidays aswell. Although I love Disney no matter what, it didn't have the same atmosphere as WDW. The Americans are just such great actors and really live out the roles so much better. On the plus side we were able to walk from our hotel on both occassions to the parks which was really pleasant and unhassled. The food was much more expensive and the French don't half like to smoke! Good for a stop gap if not off to WDW but there is little change year on year if you go frequently.
Old 29 Aug 07, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

DLP - Onsite Hotels

Does anyone know of any of the Disney Hotels sleep 5.
Old 29 Aug 07, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I have booked a family room at Newport bay, sleeps 6 i think, expensive though. I think the only other one is the Disneyland Hotel
Old 10 Oct 07, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I've been to DLP 5 times now- twice to Santa fe, and once each to Cheyenne, Sequioa and Newport Bay. Despite getting the upgrade at Newport Bay I still preferred the Sequioa for the natural themeing, and the two restaurants (asurprised on here to read of only one as there def are 2!) were both really nice. Breakfast much better than at Sant fe and Cheyenne. having said that I haven'treally had a bad experience in aany of them, all the hotels are nice in their own way.
My main tip- cocktails vary in price between the hotels from 6.50 to 10 euros! ithink its becasue you get more spirits in the more expensive but if you're not fussed about that then pottering to a bar at another hotel is a good way to get a cheaper drink, and the luxury of DLP is that you can alk between all the hotels easy!
In the parks I've now down 6 days max and found enough to keep me busy all the times, mainly because I'm very much a stop, look and take in the ambience person! Did repeat rides but don't mind as love them all.
Of all the times I've been Christmas is my fave ,the Halloween is awesome as well.
My main bug bears at the lack of roganisation for character meetings- we always do a character breakfast as its the best way to meet them!- also people pushing in last minute before the parades. Another minor bug bear is by the end of the day the toilets could be cleaner- they are much better at that in Florida!
Despite that though I still love it, as does my fiance. We're gonig to Florida next May- his first time so that should be fun!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 08, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by dcmax View Post
The California Grill (review here disneyand.blogspot/2006/0...is-disney.html )rates as one of my favourite disney dining experiences of all time.. Though the waiter did take us back into the kitchens and the chef bribed us with hand made chocolates..
Oh. My. Word! (Where's a drool smiley when you want one?)

Peter and I are real foodies (well, as much as budget allows) and I think this place has just gone on our must-do list!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 08, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post

i am so glad i found this thread. I go to DLP in september and i have to agree there is very little info available on it!
Old 23 Feb 08, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Just back from DLP and have to admt was a little disappointed. Found the people there not have as helpful as the states and no sign of a disney photographer. The queues were a nightmare as they were somewhat lacking. That said it was good to get a fix so close to home... want to go to ORlando now!

Oh a word of warning... unlike WDW youcan see 2 of the same characters in the same studio at he same time. Donald was in the parade at the Studios, walked to the entrance and he was signing and posing for photos. For those with small kids be ready with the"Secret tunnels" and "Move very fast" excuses to avoid bursting the magic bubble.

Also food was expensive. Though the steakhouse at the Disney Village and California Grill are totaaly worth it. The Blue lagoon was totally overrated and service was a nightmare.

(Not down on DLRP as it has its good points just more a WDW fan!)
Old 25 Feb 08, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Castle Club Info

Hi

I just wanted to let y'all know that I've recently added a page to my website all about the Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel at DLRP.

There's a photo gallery and an info page. The photo gallery speaks for itself but on the info page there's information about the facilities/priveleges, booking, check in procedure, types of rooms/suites (including photos), etc.

We've been extremely lucky to stay in the Castle Club four times now and, in doing so, stayed in a Junior Suite, a Tinker Bell Suite, garden view rooms and a park view room. The information on this page is cultivated from those 4 stays.

I created the page because, IMO, there isn't a lot of information out there about this exclusive part of the hotel.

When we return to the Castle Club in August '08 I intend to film a video tour of the Castle Club and add that to the page along with more photos.

Here's the link to the pages:
Info Page: haighgannon/castle_club_info/index.html
Photo Gallery: haighgannon/castle_clb_photo/index.html

Hope this is of some use to anyone intending to stay in the Castle Club.

Patrick

Edited at 09:47 AM.
phgannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread