Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Aug 05, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
We have stayed at the Davy Crockett Ranch twice.

Booked direct with DLP

Travelled by car - once by boat, once by Le Shuttle.

We like to have an early morning ferry/train crossing 7am ish - shop at Cite D'Europe for food, wine & beer (before the shopping centre near DLP opened) and then stop enroute for a picnic at one of the service areas. It's become a family tradtion

DCR is our favourite place to stay at DLP - we have tried the Santa Fe (minus the kids) and the Sequoia (when DCR was full) but have always returned to the Ranch.

The cabins give you more space when travelling with children as there is a seperate bedroom (with double bed & bunk beds) as well as a sofa bed in the open plan living room. A small kitchen & bathroom completes your living quarters with a BBQ/patio areas outside - perfect for an evening glass of wine.

Breakfast is included - but you have to collect it from a small hut on each loop of cabins. Basic continental fare - croissant, bread, jam, coffee, tea - but my daughter really enjoyed collecting it with me and practising her 'bonjour' and 'merci' - which always seems to go down well

The DCR pool is lovely with a spa, slide and a small lazy river. We also found the changing facilities far better here than at the Sequoia. There is a small shop which sells groceries but having your car means it is easier and more economincal to visit the local Outlet Village and Auchan for your food (and wine) supplies.

You can hire Surrey bikes and explore the trails, see the campsite and wolves. There is an outdoor playground and outdoor activities during busier months. It can be quite a hike to the pool/shop area but there is a train that runs down the main thoroughfare and you always have your car! The drive to the parks takes little more than 10 minutes - less time than it takes to walk from some of the 'on-site' hotels. I don't feel you lose that 'on-site' feeling as there is still 'Disney' all around - from the decor to the Character visits.
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Edited at 11:03 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 05, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Wink

There are some Castle CLub Disneyland Paris Hotel pictures on my web site below.

Hope this helps.

diary.andyjpartridge/?P...nd+Hotel+Paris

diary.andyjpartridge/?Page=Castle+Club

Edited at 07:40 PM.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 05, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Disneyland Hotel

I’m not entirely sure that I know where to start when it comes to writing about staying at the Disneyland Hotel! I’ve taken my young family here twice now (Easter last year and August this year) and we’ve had a trip to Disney World in Florida staying in the Polynesian in-between (Christmas/New Year) and I couldn’t honestly say which is better!

The location of the Disneyland Hotel, which is right over the entrance to the Disneyland Park, is superb and it means that you can be in Fantasyland one minute and back in your room 5 minutes later.

Each time we’ve been to the Disneyland Hotel in Paris we’ve been lucky enough to stay in a suite which automatically gives you access to their exclusive Castle Club in the hotel. The Castle Club occupies the upper 2 floors of the hotel and access to which is by an exclusive lift operated by your room card. As well as taking you up to the Castle Club the lift also takes you straight down to the parks main entrance.

If you’re staying in a suite then you’ll get whisked straight up to the Castle Club on arrival where you’ll get a more relaxed check-in experience. As well as an exclusive club reception desk (where nothing is too much trouble for the staff) the Castle Club also has a private lounge that serves breakfast (complete with visits from the characters) in very calm surroundings as opposed to the main dining room that starts to get chaotic after 8am! You also never have to queue for a table in the small club lounge at breakfast. The lounge also serves complimentary soft and hot drinks throughout the day (you have to pay for spirits), complimentary afternoon tea and all with fabulous views of the Disneyland Park.

For dining in the evening you can either dine in the parks, in the Disney Village or in one of the two hotel restaurants. One serves a buffet and the other an à la carte menu. If you’re dining in the hotel then you must book (it’s compulsory). The characters in the Inventions restaurant will muck about, pretend to eat your food, hug the kids (and you), play peek-a-boo with the younger ones, get the kids to sit on their knee while you take a photo, sign autographs (buy a Disney autograph book and a chunky pen from any of the Disney shops), etc, etc.

As well as the characters coming into the restaurants for breakfast and in the evening they can also be found in the lounge area just outside the restaurants but this can get very crowded and you have to queue for your time with the character (like you do in the parks) but you do get to have a proper portrait taken that can be bought from inside the hotels shop.

The food on offer in the hotel is superb and there’s always a good choice. They also have a good selection of food for kids and they'll willingly get you a plate of fries even if there's none on offer at the buffet. They'll also warm baby food up for you and there's never a shortage of high chairs complete with Mickey Mouse ears. The service can vary depending on your waiter but I’ve generally found all the staff throughout the hotel to be helpful, attentive and most speak excellent English. The only exception to the “speak excellent English” comment tends to be the room maids and maintenance staff!

One night we asked for a babysitter so my wife and I could go into the park by ourselves. The sitter was organised for us by the Castle Club reception and was a painless experience, not like some we’ve had! The sitter spoke excellent English and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend getting a sitter although she did arrive after we’d put the kids to bed.

The rooms at the Disneyland hotel are something else whether you’re staying in a suite or not. They’re all very clean, spacious and extremely comfortable. There’s plenty of wardrobe space and a safe. The attention to detail is marvellous with Tinkerbelle bed spreads, the Seven Dwarfs carved on the mirrors in the bathroom, etc. Every night there’s a complimentary turn down service during which they’ll turn down your beds, tidy your room, freshen the towels and leave chocolates on your pillows along with tomorrow’s weather forecast.

However, if you are staying in a suite then you do get a much bigger (and I do mean bigger!) bathroom complete with bath, walk in shower, twin sinks, dressing area, separate area with toilet, bidet and sink. You also get a DVD player in your living room, mini bar, complimentary champagne (Taittinger), chocolates and long stemmed roses. You do also get much bigger bed room with a king sized bed and a separate living room complete with 4 piece suite. The sofa folds out and can be made up to become a double bed and this is done for you, if required, during the turn down service.

Also in the hotel is a heated pool and spa which are fabulous and a games room which is really a mini arcade! There’s also a shop selling all manner of Disney paraphernalia along with some essentials but here is a word of caution… don’t go to Disney and run out of anything like nappies or baby wipes! There aren’t any general stores around for miles. I speak from experience. You can get certain essential items from some of the Disney shops or baby care items from the Baby Centre off Main Street USA in the Disneyland Park but what’s on offer is very limited.

All in all I can whole heartedly recommend the Disneyland Hotel especially the Castle Club which makes the whole visit a much calmer and more relaxed experience. I know it costs extra pennies but for us it’s the only way to “do Disney” and is well worth it.

BTW Did I mention that you also get “VIP Fastpass” tickets when you stay in the Castle Club?! These exclusive Fastpass tickets let you go on any Fastpass ride you want, as many times as you want and without having to prebook a slot first. You just walk up to the ride any time you want, present your VIP Fastpass and they’ll let you on.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
phgannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 05, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lefthanded
Excited about Disney

lefthanded's Reviews
We stayed in the Kyriad, which is a fairly new hotel next to the Holiday Inn. (Kyriad Hotels are the budget end of the Campanile chain). The room was €72 per night (without breakfast). The price rises to €92 per night on Friday and Saturday nights.

The room was clean and adequate if uninspiring - reminded me of a Travel Inn. There was a TV and safe, and coffee making facilities. I cannot comment on pool or breakfast as we did not use either.

We booked direct with the hotel by phone (1-6043-6161) the day before we wanted to stay, so considering it was July, I think we were lucky to get a room.

There was a free shuttle bus running to and from the parks. This is the same bus that serves the Holiday Inn, I think.

At the price (€72 is about £51), I would be happy to use it again.

lefthanded
Old 7 Sep 05, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France (DLP offsite)

(Largely cut and pasted from my Tripadvisor review from June 2005).

As regular visitors to Disneyland Paris (DLP) since it first opened we have previously stayed on a range of on-site Disney accomodation (Newport Bay, Hotel Cheyenne, Davy Crockett). As we have 3 small children we have found the Camp Davy Crockett Lodges the best family option until now because of the multiple bedrooms HOWEVER this time we tried the Marriott timeshare resort at Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France.

We booked this direct through via the Marriott website (marriott), and made our own travel arrangements, taking our car through the Eurotunnel.

Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France was simply the best accommodation we have ever stayed in when visiting DLP. This was despite the resort not yet being finished, we did not actually notice any construction going on (although you could see where it was screened off at the far end of the resort, there was no noise or construction traffic whilst we were there). There was a shuttle to DLP. The swimming pool (an indoor and an outdoor one) was fantastic - much loved by our daughters. There is no on-site restaurant, but this is not necessarilly a bad thing - who wants to dine on hotel food?

The accommodation was first class - we had a two bedroom town house which was better designed than our house in London.

There is no way that we are going to use DLP hotels again if we can get in here, and there is everylikelihood of repeat visits. To imagine what Marriott is like think DVC rather than Disney.

Top Tip - if you want to visit the DLP parks for more than 3 days you might find the Annual Passes better value - especially the 345 day Fantasy Pass. We bought the annual passes because we enjoyed the flexibility of simply dipping in and out of the parks - rather than trying to cram our visit in to 1 or 2 days. The Marriott website for d'Ile-de-France features special off-season rates as low as €99 per night. Our only quibble was the presence of so much unfenced water around the resort - it is very picturesque but a concern for parents of small children.

For more info on this resort click here

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 05, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Disneyland Hotel, Castle CLub. Silly Expensive (As is a lot of DLP) but great fun. I take mum every year.

Reviews, pictures on my site below.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 05, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Transport to Disney

h Hal

We Have timeshare points and maybe able to exchange to this via II.

How did you get from airport to resort and from resort to Disney ?

Are there buses or would you need a car

Thanks
Angela
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 05, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Hi Angela,

We took our car but seeing as you are in Edinburgh flying would indeed be much easier.

The resort has a free shuttle to and from the DLP parks. If you have missed this or prefer not to wait for it there was a very cheap taxi/private-hire minibus deal. They had good transfer rates to the Airports too - or you could simply make your way to DLP (Marne-la-Vallee Chessy) from the airport and get a taxi from there (contact the resort for details).

If you need any further help please PM me.

Regards,

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 05, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for advice Hal

After re-reading yor message I realised you'd travelled by car

We've already planned this years trip but are planning to return with friends again next year -between march-may. The extra living space would be great for our two 3 year olds.

Thanks again

Angela
Old 8 Sep 05, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for advice Hal

After re-reading yor message I realised you'd travelled by car

We've already planned this years trip but are planning to return with friends again next year -between march-may. The extra living space would be great for our two 3 year olds.

Thanks again

Angela
Closed Thread