Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jun 13, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

need some enthusiasm for this place ...

ok, due to my DH having a new job with lower salary for a couple of years we now aren't going to be able to get back to WDW till late 2015

DH thinks we should take the kids to DLP next year for a few days.. but I am so not keen... I am too worried that I will spend the whole time comparing it to WDW and it wont measure up ...

but I know a lot of you guys love DLP so please tell me why? I need to get on board with this idea as DH really wants to go
Old 17 Jun 13, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I could not bring myself to go to DLP again, I did what you are thinking and compare DLP with WDW... there is no comparison.
I hated DLP it just isn't the same, this is only my opinion and loads will come along and say its great, but its not for us.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Sorry can't help with lots of encouraging experiences from DLP as we haven't been yet either but:

We couldn't book for this year as DH had to have an operation on both feet so we decided to book a couple of days in London and then 4 nights/5 days at Hotel New York at DLP and go to Florida in 2014.

We have made the decision to go and accept it for what it is and not compare it to Florida. From what I have read they are totally different experiences.

Really looking forward to our first trip to DLP in July.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
It isn't the same and everyone has their own opinion about it. But if u feel u need a Disney fix then maybe its for you.
It can work out quite expensive though, so maybe u can look out for a bargain.
U will have to go and tell yourself not to compare it if u can though. The French are not the Americans. Service, manners, smoking, queue jumping and language are all factors that make it Euro and not US.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Hi, we have been to dlp 4 times and love it. Never had any issues with cms, always found it to be clean, love the detailing and atmosphere. Did wdw last year, also loved it, spent a small fortune though and wouldnt want to do it every year! Back to dlp for a couple of days in August, going to give Disneyland a go next year and back to wdw 2016. Go with an open mind and have fun. Ps we holiday a lot in France, love the country and the people, which probably also helps!
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Having been to Orlando 8 times I was worried like you. However, after our first trip in April I was converted. It is different but similar and I love it. Just remember it's Europe so you will see smoking, queue jumpers etc but ignore this (unless they try to jump in front of you of course!) And enjoy it for what it is. The cms are mostly great. We had the funniest one yet on tower of terror yesterday. He had every single person laughing out loud. We bought annual passes and stayed offsite. Loved it so much we did a 2 day 1 nt trip early may and have just done the same this weekend. I'm definitely going back for 4 nights in October. I can recommend the magic circus hotel and the explorers hotel. We have given up on the idea of Florida next yr as flights are ridiculous in school hols now. We have booked a cheap package to kefalonia for next yr and will have lots of short visits to Disneyland instead. We drive as we are only an hrs from the eurotunnel and use Tesco clubcard vouchers for free crossings. I love it. Will try and do a trip report later.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi am sure we where at WDW at the same time this year ?.
While I loved our time there no way would it be a holiday I could or would want to do all the time for money and for the traveling on the kids.
Disneyland Paris is very different kind of holiday, much more relaxing IMO, it's some where to go for a disney fix that isn't to far away.
I love it I have our 10th visit booked for march next year.
If you like the MK you should love DLP it's nearly the same but more relaxed, if my first experience of a disney park had of been Mk I would of hated it just to many people for us.
Go with a open mind some of the rides are better at DLP honest.
You will get loads of tips on here how to book at cheap trip .
if you like to you can pm me X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
LOVE Florida, I really really do and money permitting would go there for the whole Florida/WDW experience, but I do remember walking around MK almost yearning for the DLP - newer and easier to navigate, I remember thinking!

I think it's really easy to get dragged down by some people's negativity for the parks - there is a completely different customer service culture in Europe to US, but I found (in 10 days total in DLP) all bar 2 (isolated) CM encounters were absolutely wonderful - they were friendly, down to earth, willing to have a laugh and a joke with us - a little French went a LONG way for me - and I have so many lovely memories of DD1's first ever Disney (rides, parades and character) experiences that I'm looking forward to going back.

We'll make the most of EMH, we'll think carefully about where we eat (although we ate at a couple of places in WDW that we wished we hadn't, too!) and know we'll enjoy as much as we can! I think if you go with optimism in mind, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 13, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

If you go with an open mind then I'm sure you will have a fab time...after all the reason why we all go is cos we love disney.

DLP is never going to match Florida in certain areas...it's smaller and has had less money thrown at it...but it's a fab disney destination.

Yes the service etc is totally different, but that's just Europe!

I've heard a lot of people who have been to Florida say they prefer the magic kingdom at DLP.

I think if you forget about Florida and just "go to disneyland Paris" you will love it
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Read some trippies, watch some videos (shameless plug as we have lots of both!) and you will see what a great time you can have at DLP.

It's a European experience for the European market, so if you have experience of holidays in Europe that helps.

Above all, don't compare. It's like asking 'Which is better, gravy or custard?'!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread