Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 13, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Or, alternatively, tell DH you don't want to go and that you'd rather aim for earlier in 2015 or late 2014 instead and save up for that...
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Or, alternatively, tell DH you don't want to go and that you'd rather aim for earlier in 2015 or late 2014 instead and save up for that...

I already tried that! lol told him if we didn't do much next year then we can go to Florida again in Feb 2015 instead of Oct

he isn't having any of it though as he says its too long to put our life on hold.. and I do get that, as we had to do basically nothing for just over a year in order to pay for our first florida holiday in 2007 and it was really miserable and I wouldn't want to do it again .. but this time it would just be a case of no holiday next year (apart from maybe a week at Haven or something) rather than the no meals out, weekends away or anything at all that it was before ...
Old 21 Jun 13, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

ok, thanks all! got a range of mixed replies there! didn't expect so many!

I can see what everyone is saying in that you have to see it on its own terms and not compare, my problem is I really don't want to go and so will find that really hard to do

I do like the idea of seeing the castle there, and the dragon and even some of the rides that do seem to be better ... but the smoking is a big issue as I have asthma, and looking at the menus really puts me off

guess I have to do a bit more research!
Old 21 Jun 13, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redriva View Post
ok, thanks all! got a range of mixed replies there! didn't expect so many!

I can see what everyone is saying in that you have to see it on its own terms and not compare, my problem is I really don't want to go and so will find that really hard to do

I do like the idea of seeing the castle there, and the dragon and even some of the rides that do seem to be better ... but the smoking is a big issue as I have asthma, and looking at the menus really puts me off

guess I have to do a bit more research!
Tbh if you really don't want to go, the I don't think you should. If you are expecting to not like it, then that negativity will probably put a damper on the whole holiday.

There are some places I really don't want to go to, and I have no intention of doing so. The build up and excitement before a holiday are all part of it, not dreading it!

Anyway, it leaves more room for the rest of us who love it there.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

The smoking isn't that big of an issue really, you just notice it more cos of the smoking ban in England, I am asthmatic and its never been a problem

I have been to Florida, California and dlp and love them all, they are each different in their own way...and there is a place for each of them when you are disney mad!

Edited at 04:00 PM. Reason: Stupid iPad autocorrect
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

I tend to agree with the people that say that it seems like you have already made up your mind that you won't like it. What is the point of spending out all that money if your heart isn't in it. I personally have never seen these clouds of smoke that people moan about. Last time we went we saw one smoker in the queue to see Goofy and the CM politely asked them to step out of the queue or put their cigarette out. We absolutely love DLP as we know we just would rather go each year for a bit of Disney magic than have to save for probably 2 years to go to WDW and not get a holiday for a few years after as we would be broke!
I appreciate that everyone has their opinions about a place but my theory is don't knock it until you've tried it
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I am asthmatic and hate the smoking, but it is no worse than my average day here - I pass about 6 smokers a day at bus stops, crossings etc!

What is it about the menus that's putting you off? We have had some superb food at DLP. Not cheap, but that's theme parks for you.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

ok sorry, but I don't feel i'm being negative, merely cautious in making sure I have as much info as I feel I need to make a choice on this.. and I certainly haven't decided that i'm "going to hate it"

also, my post was asking for what people like/love about DLP ...NOT whether or not people think I should go, and I find the last few answers telling me I shouldnt pretty offensive really

thanks to everyone else who actually answered what I was asking, your replies have given me a few things to think about and have really helped
Old 21 Jun 13, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I love the fact it is smaller than florida so you feel you can explore every nook and cranny with out feeling that you are going to miss out on something. The parades are good...dreams is fab...worth the trip in itself, I love space mountain, rockin roller coaster, thunder mountain POTC, TOT...most of the rides infact!

I don't think anyone is trying to be offensive but You did say yourself you didn't want to go...personally I think if you can afford to try it at least once and you can make your own mind up x
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
I love the fact it is smaller than florida so you feel you can explore every nook and cranny with out feeling that you are going to miss out on something.
thanks! that's something I didn't think about, having to pick and choose what we had time to do in the WDW parks was something I didn't like so having the time to just wander without thinking you are then missing something else would be great
Closed Thread