Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

:)

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Karen - do you stay in Premier Inn at all? (or does DH on business?) - pretty sure they're still doing their 'stay 3 nights and get a night free' - we stayed in PI King's Cross the night before we went on the Eurostar - was v. handy!

I've been thinking about starting to plan... nothing much arranged yet; trying not to peak too soon!
No, not used Premier Inn for a few years, since I was working in Lincoln and stayed in the PI for 6mths!

We are members of the IHG rewards scheme, and it normally works out well for us as when we drive we stay at the HI Ashford North, huge rooms great breakfast and lovely staff and bargain price (with room for 5). So I think we are going to stay at the HI Bloomsbury Kings Cross, it's £40 cheaper than the PI for our dates and we get reward points and cash back, so might have enough points for free hotel on return journey, though DH wants to try get train all the way home from DLP in one go .

Edited at 10:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Well, I've had a card left by the postman which will be some Tickets for our Trip , question is- are they our APs (from Promoparcs), or our West End Theatre tickets? I'll be picking them up tomorrow night.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Flights booked, hotel booked, transfers booked, airport parking booked and travel insurance bought - got our Euros this morning, so it's all systems go!
Old 5 Jul 13, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Flights booked, hotel booked, transfers booked, airport parking booked and travel insurance bought - got our Euros this morning, so it's all systems go!
I think we go before you, but I haven't bought any Euros yet... I am a last minute kind of girl though.

Although as I said, I don't do much planning (if any) for holidays, I do make sure I know things in advance. Even though this will be our 10th trip, we have never stayed onsite before, so was pretty clueless about that side of things.

Thankfully, the lovely Karen (Disney mum) has been extremely helpful in regards to that though, so I feel prepared if nothing else lol!

Only 4 weeks to go! We haven't been since February 2010, so really looking forward to it.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Yay, lots of planning going on

I've been looking at spending money again today, I just can't help myself, and I'm counting down the days till I can make my dinner reservations

I'm so pleased we have Center Parcs in just under 5 weeks to look forward to and plan for, that said, most of that is done! My next thing to look forward to after Center Parcs is changing my countdown to DLP, and writing my first ever pre-trippie, yes!

Planning is half the fun of the holiday!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

With a 6 yr old a 5 yr old and a 10 month old in our party we find things seldom go to plan so don't bother ..lol
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Forgot to mention park passes bought. This is the only planning I have done. While we are there we'll just go with the flow. We are not too bothered about where we eat and as we are staying in Val d'Europe we might pop back there to have something to eat one night.

Lisa, I bought our Euros today because I'm worried that the rate is going to get worse and we had the money in the bank to let me do so.

DH hasn't been since 2006 and DS and I haven't been since August 2007.
Old 5 Jul 13, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
Forgot to mention park passes bought. This is the only planning I have done. While we are there we'll just go with the flow. We are not too bothered about where we eat and as we are staying in Val d'Europe we might pop back there to have something to eat one night.

Lisa, I bought our Euros today because I'm worried that the rate is going to get worse and we had the money in the bank to let me do so.

DH hasn't been since 2006 and DS and I haven't been since August 2007.
Ooh I guess you're all looking forward to it too then?

Up until our last trip, we'd been at least once per year, so felt it was getting a little too familiar.

Love Val d'Europe, we will be stocking up at the supermarket (for wine ) before coming home.

Picking up on another post above (Jen? ), with regards to not planning due to her children's ages - our children are older, but with our eldest being ASD (and maybe our youngest too, though nowhere near the same level as his brother), it's just too risky booking things. We will just go with the flow and do things as and when the 'feeling' is right.
I'd rather not have to stress and panic about having to get somewhere when maybe one of our kids is having a meltdown etc.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

I think me and DS are looking more forward to it than DH, although I'm sure he'll enjoy himself when we are there.
Old 5 Jul 13, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

We have been to DLP many times over the years and have always just 'winged' it, never had any sort of plan for which park we spent our days in or where to eat - but am now thinking that with us going in the summer holidays I should really get my act together and at least book some restaurants . We have only been in summer holidays once before , for a day visit , and it was a particularly busy day, where we just really walked round soaking up the atmosphere and did a couple of rides.
is it a good idea to plan what parks to do each day and where to eat etc (like we would do in Florida ?)

Edited at 02:30 PM. Reason: Pressed send too quickly !
Lillie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread